It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orlando Nightclub Massacre

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
DID I CALL IT OR WHAT?!!

abcnews.go.com...

The shooter has been identified by officials as Omar Mateen of St. Lucie County, Florida, an American-born citizen with Afghani parents.

Above Pic Link

So whoever suggested it was a

Dumb, White, Suicide, homophobic Redneck
....you should take your words back. No one with this kind of description straps a bomb to themselves and takes hostages. *face palm*
edit on 12-6-2016 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: JinMI

It's a mass shooting. It will be investigated to death.

The act of pulling a trigger repeatedly while pointing the pointy end of a gun at a crowd of people is not "feat."

Disagreeing with you isn't trolling. It's disagreeing. Are you able to discuss something or would you prefer people just agree with you?

link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
Just thinking, should someone who is on the radar be able to legally own a firearm?

That depends on the definition of 'on the radar'. I'm not sure exactly where that point is, but I do think that if the issue is serious enough that they should be denied a constitutional right, perhaps they shouldn't be 'on the radar', but rather 'in the lock-up' at a state or federal facility. It seems like, too often, there were serious warning signs or are even being watched by law-enforcement before they committed the act. Maybe some of these people should already be in prison instead of walking the streets?

link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Liquesence

The problem is, these watch lists are getting very large, and it's not really that hard to get on one.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

That was part of my point too.

Lack on manpower to monitor everyone, not to mention many people get put on lists who don't need to be there, so do we deny all of their rights too??

Some will say, "for the safety of us all," but this is exactly why these things are troubling because of reactionary measures that end up affecting us all in the long run (negatively).

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Did he work for the NYPD before or something?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Wow 50 dead? This is a bad shooting even for the USA?

“Muslim” nut job or “Christian” nut job?

Muslim apparently

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The Orlando Mayor just gave a statement on CNN. According to him, the FBI says he does have ISIS connections, but he didn't give any more info.

TheRedneck

edit on 6/12/2016 by TheRedneck because: Silly autocomplete.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: llpoolej

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: llpoolej

But an investigation doesn't constitute a conviction.

Um, he has been investigated twice for ties to Isis and now he has killed 50 people. I think that really might sorta seal the deal right there that he is not innocent. Though, I would hate for rational thinking to override magical thinking that the horse you are looking at is really a zebra.

Well there you go.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

He was a security guard at one time

link   
I wonder what started it that alerted the officer to engage the shooter outside the club?

link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

Not based on any of the information , just appears to be a wannabe or fan of the NYPD .

link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Looks to be he is a Wahhabi.
Not %100 confirmed but something I read.
edit on 12-6-2016 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
link   
This is not about gun control. This is not about the US. This is about radical Islam. When are you all going to wake the # up and realize we are at war? Fifty people...not two or three...fifty. over 50 injured.....

All of you need to STFU with speculation. It was a scumbag with terror ties who killed US citizens....end of story...

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Listen to yourselves.

Remember me talking about operation culture creation at the beginning of the thread...

Now look at how all of a sudden the conversation of how did he get a gun and why didn't we take away is his rights sooner becomes your reaction.

WAKE UP!!!!

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: vor78

It seems like, too often, there were serious warning signs or are even being watched by law-enforcement before they committed the act. Maybe some of these people should already be in prison instead of walking the streets?

like I said they can use our freedoms against us

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

No, no demands have to be made. But on that note bear in mind that there was a hostage standoff and there was communication between the shooter and law enforcement, and we don't know what that communication was yet.

The difference is that at some point, motivation plays a factor. Going into a gay club to kill gays because one doesn't like gays isn't necessarily a terrorist act. Because there's no intent to influence the behavior of the government, the intent is purely to kill.

Same situation, but the motivation is to retaliate against the US for legalizing gay marriage, now it becomes an act of terrorism because retaliation for government policy/acts is a motivator.

link   

originally posted by: Konduit
This was just posted in another thread here.

ISIS Announced Florida Threat THREE Days Ago: “We Will Attack Florida”

Dude, don't you know it's not pc to point this out? And the apologists will soon be on here dissing your source. His own father said this has nothing to do with religion and his son was angered by seeing two men kissing. This had everything to do with religious intolerance. It's illegal to be gay in Afghanistan where there from (although the shooter son was born here), where they stone you to death.

link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
This is not about gun control. This is not about the US. This is about radical Islam. When are you all going to wake the # up and realize we are at war? Fifty people...not two or three...fifty. over 50 injured.....

All of you need to STFU with speculation. It was a scumbag with terror ties who killed US citizens....end of story...

Now they have said something about the father
edit on 12-6-2016 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Just read the telegraph and he apparently pledged himself to be daesh and they seem to celebrate this atrocity.

So I correct my statement, no hate crime, but Islamic terror.

edit on 12-6-2016 by Peeple because: Auto

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: crazyewok

Looks to be he is a Wahhabi.

So "muslim" nut job this time round.

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join