It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orlando Nightclub Massacre

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

All of you need to STFU with speculation. It was a scumbag with terror ties who killed US citizens....end of story...

Corrcetion is was scumbag US citizen with terror ties who killed US citizens.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Do we know what happened to the officer? I haven't seen anything.

Did anybody else see the picture they released of the SWAT officer that took a round to the helmet? Right at the top of the T-zone. Two inches lower and boom, lights out. Jesus

I meant the helmet, not the officer. My bad
edit on 12-6-2016 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: JimBielson

a reply to: JimBielson

I'm sure it was very terrorizing for the victims.

Just as rape is terrorizing. As is armed robbery. And murder. And attempted murder. And kidnapping.

Apply your logic and reasoning to the fact (not hyperbole, actual fact) that something being scary does not make it terrorism. Using the US Code definition of terrorism and the crime of terrorism does not make me a sheep or a lefty or whatever other cute name you want to try and throw at me.

Not calling everything scary "terrorism" does not make me a lefty or a sheep or whatever other name you want to try and apply to me. It means I understand there's a difference between legitimate acts of terrorism and the all too trendy trope of applying the terrorism label at every last little thing that happens.

And again, this may well turn out to be an ACTUAL act of terrorism. Nothing I've said can be taken, without extraordinary levels of twisting and spinning, as somehow me saying this is definitely not terrorism.

Information is good.

It does make you a sheep if you dont realize what this was and you need some bureaucrat to tell you want it was. I don't know where you come from but a radical (Insert your name for it) going into anywhere and spraying people with lead is the very definition of terrorism.

This is just as much terrorism as any mass shooting in America.

Again people, the "Official" version of terrorism has been used to convict people of lesser crimes. With reasoning and thoughtful reflection, you too can come to the same conclusion of what most Americans are calling this..

The US Code disagrees with you. You can't seem to wrap your head around the fact (again, fact and not rhetoric) that something being scary is not the sole requirement for what makes an act of terrorism.

And since I prefer to use one working definition instead of whatever one you make up on the fly to suit your narrative (very sheepish-like, isn't it?), we're done here.

You cant seem to wrap your mind around the fact that sanitizing the meaning of what this really is wont change the definition. One working definition from the governments point of view and working from that definition is a recipe for disaster.

Claiming the Fort Hood shooting as workplace violence is a great example of the Governments definition. Even in the face of motive, that was called workplace violence.

I can't wait for the definition of what this will be coming out of the current administration. If its labeled anything but Terrorism I guess I am wrong..

(post by jhn7537 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

ATTENTION!!!!

Please discuss the topic and not each other.
Personal attacks and bickering have no place in the discussion.

Posts will continue to be removed....and temporary Posting Bans issued.
Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

*** ALL MEMBERS *** Ending Rudeness, Hate, Bigotry: Getting Back to Basics

You are responsible for your own posts.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I can't wait to see President Obama's statement on this. Think he'll launch any meaningful initiatives?

link   

Did anybody else see the picture they released of the SWAT officer that took a round to the helmet? Right at the top of the T-zone. Two inches lower and boom, lights out. Jesus

Just saw a photo of that helmet.

Just heard he was wounded to the face, but fine.
edit on 12-6-2016 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

link   

Yea, I just saw the helmet. He is lucky to be alive! I hope he comes out of it without brain damage. It certainly looked like the lead penetrated thru.....

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Certainly true. Honestly, I'm not sure how those cases should be dealt with while still respecting due process, and I do think you have to respect due process. In any event, its a mess.

link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I can't wait to see President Obama's statement on this. Think he'll launch any meaningful initiatives?

no

link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Listen to yourselves.

Remember me talking about operation culture creation at the beginning of the thread...

Now look at how all of a sudden the conversation of how did he get a gun and why didn't we take away is his rights sooner becomes your reaction.

WAKE UP!!!!

I wonder... would it be wrong to tell immigrants they cannot own firearms? Anyway figured this was another extremist. Now here is where we need to halt immigration for a few years. a decade should do. Its a shame but the few are gonna ruin it for the many.

Now trump just has to promise to protect the LGBT community and lock in their votes.

link   

They will likley use this to launch a whole new round of anti terror laws that will restrict all your freedom and set up a a dozen more alphabet agencys.

Just wait for the Super patriotic liberty act.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

The media spin will be interesting their two pet causes LGBT and Muslim immigration just met head on,maybe they can photoshop a Trump hat onto the suspect.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
Just thinking, should someone who is on the radar be able to legally own a firearm?

This is an excellent question.

I think a lot of people would be afraid that taking away the right of someone to own a gun because they were on a watch list would mean gun rights could be too easily infringed.

Yeah, how do you decide what constitutes the watch list and what constitutes who should go on it? I mean, this administration uses the Southern Poverty Law Center a lot, so we had military members being taught to watch out for Catholics as religious extremists. When was the last time you had a Catholic outside of the IRA perpetrating something like this?

Should every Catholic in the US be put on a watch list for religious extremism and thus be denied their right to buy a gun?

That same org also lists Evangelicals.

link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: onequestion
Listen to yourselves.

Remember me talking about operation culture creation at the beginning of the thread...

Now look at how all of a sudden the conversation of how did he get a gun and why didn't we take away is his rights sooner becomes your reaction.

WAKE UP!!!!

I wonder... would it be wrong to tell immigrants they cannot own firearms? Anyway figured this was another extremist. Now here is where we need to halt immigration for a few years. a decade should do. Its a shame but the few are gonna ruin it for the many.

Now trump just has to promise to protect the LGBT community and lock in their votes.

Dude was american born and raised

link   
50 killed and 53 Injure... jeez
Time for gun legislation?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

He won't give a statement that's the status quo from our wiener and chief.

link   

originally posted by: yuppa

I wonder... would it be wrong to tell immigrants they cannot own firearms?

Yes if they are full US citzens.

You cant have two levels of citizenship.

If they only have a green card or illegal then yeah I can see a case for banning the ownership of firearms.

link   

The only thing Obama is likely to do is propose more restrictions on the rights of people who aren't guilty of anything. That's what he usually does.

new topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join