It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orlando Nightclub Massacre

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: carewemust
I can't wait to see President Obama's statement on this. Think he'll launch any meaningful initiatives?

They will likley use this to launch a whole new round of anti terror laws that will restrict all your freedom and set up a a dozen more alphabet agencys.

Just wait for the Super patriotic liberty act.

No doubt. But first we'll have days of CNN red banners showing the dead count increasing, followed by funeral after funeral...

Then it's back to life as usual in the USA, before the next attack. Wash-rinse-repeat, over and over again.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That's what I meant when I said an investigation doesn't constitute a crime.

You know how many people wouldn't have rights or jobs if that were true?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: JimBielson

Yea and I disagreed with the government's stance that it was workplace violence and not terrorism.

And then last year Obama called it a radical Islam inspired attack, and the DoD classified it as an act of terrorism and awarded Purple Hearts to the wounded.

So I guess they called it what it is? Took them a while, but it happened.

I'm sure you knew all that though.

As I said, we're done here.

link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

No, no demands have to be made.

Thank you. That all makes sense.

But on that note bear in mind that there was a hostage standoff and there was communication between the shooter and law enforcement, and we don't know what that communication was yet.

Good point. I knew that -- but didn't make that connection. D'oh! Given the LE confirmation that it is being investigated as a terrorist act, the shooter must have said something to LE that confirmed terrorist intentions... I guess we'll have to wait to hear more to understand better.

Thanks again -- much appreciated... and here's a beer for your trouble!

link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: onequestion
Listen to yourselves.

Remember me talking about operation culture creation at the beginning of the thread...

Now look at how all of a sudden the conversation of how did he get a gun and why didn't we take away is his rights sooner becomes your reaction.

WAKE UP!!!!

I wonder... would it be wrong to tell immigrants they cannot own firearms? Anyway figured this was another extremist. Now here is where we need to halt immigration for a few years. a decade should do. Its a shame but the few are gonna ruin it for the many.

Now trump just has to promise to protect the LGBT community and lock in their votes.

Dude was american born and raised

And radicalized by Islam.

Islam... not even once.

edit on 12-6-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

link   
He had a G licence, and he was on a terrorist watch list?

What's wrong with this picture?
edit on 12-6-2016 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

How would have that helped in this situation.

The guy was a natural born citizen and he has been here almost 30 years.

Halting immigration or denying immigrants wouldn't help.

His parents immigrated from Afganistan which might have been from the Reagan years.

link   
Just reported that the terrorist was a registered Democrat...and married to a woman from Uzbekistan.

link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I wonder if he was a Bernie supporter.

link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I can't wait to see President Obama's statement on this. Think he'll launch any meaningful initiatives?

You used Obama and 'meaningful initiatives' in the same sentence...lol!

I will eat my hat if he doesn't talk about gun control more than he talks about the homegrown radicalization of muslims in America and their growing extremism.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: AboveBoard

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
Just thinking, should someone who is on the radar be able to legally own a firearm?

This is an excellent question.

I think a lot of people would be afraid that taking away the right of someone to own a gun because they were on a watch list would mean gun rights could be too easily infringed.

Yeah, how do you decide what constitutes the watch list and what constitutes who should go on it? I mean, this administration uses the Southern Poverty Law Center a lot, so we had military members being taught to watch out for Catholics as religious extremists. When was the last time you had a Catholic outside of the IRA perpetrating something like this?

Should every Catholic in the US be put on a watch list for religious extremism and thus be denied their right to buy a gun?

That same org also lists Evangelicals.

I'm agreeing with you. (Don't be shocked!)

I'm also thinking he owned guns prior to the watchlist - they wouldn't want to come in jackbooted and take his gun away while alerting him to the fact that he was on a watchlist...

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
If he had an iPhone, I'm going to be PISSED.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
There is no extreme islam, there is no moderate islam, there is only islam.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
And all of this could of been prevented easily if someone/people had a gun and CCP in the crowd. Ridiculous. Now que the antigun people.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I am sorry to hear that. So sorry. More than you know and many would believe.

link   

originally posted by: kef33890
And all of this could of been prevented easily if someone/people had a gun and CCP in the crowd. Ridiculous. Now que the antigun people.

The club had security, off duty cop with a gun.

link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: onequestion
Listen to yourselves.

Remember me talking about operation culture creation at the beginning of the thread...

Now look at how all of a sudden the conversation of how did he get a gun and why didn't we take away is his rights sooner becomes your reaction.

WAKE UP!!!!

I wonder... would it be wrong to tell immigrants they cannot own firearms? Anyway figured this was another extremist. Now here is where we need to halt immigration for a few years. a decade should do. Its a shame but the few are gonna ruin it for the many.

Now trump just has to promise to protect the LGBT community and lock in their votes.

To late Yuppa, this will never end

link   
What constitutes an FBI investigation for "ties" to ISIS? What are "ties" to ISIS?

Personally I'd be much more concerned that he had "ties" to the FBI. Was their "investigation" into his ISIS connections a round of introductions?

His father sounds like Mohammed Atta's father, i.e., full of baloney. He himself looks like a Tamarlan Tsarnaev, FBI connected style dupe.

This guy saw two gays kissing, months ago, and now he goes berserk? Give me a break. He was some kind of law student, on speaking terms with the FBI. He kills over 50 people and finishes proceedings dead. This thing smells bad to me.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: imod02
There is no extreme islam, there is no moderate islam, there is only islam.

And the knee jerk reaction starts.

There have been a number of "christian" shootings too in the USA.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Reports that many of the injured are in critical condition. The death toll may rise even higher.

edit on 12-6-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join