It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orlando Nightclub Massacre

page: 102
<< 99  100  101    103  104  105 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

What do you think that piece of rod that has the appearance of rusty steel and cross hatched marks might be then?

Not sure but it ends right beneath her elbow. What would be the point of putting rebar in without pouring concrete?

Zoom in, you can see it in the photo between her left shoulder and her sunglasses.

That looks like electrical line to me, the metal around the wires I think. Doesn't look like rebar to me.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

a reply to: starviego

The metal protruding next to the female agent appears to be rebar.

Why would they use rebar in cinderblock? The cinderblock is not filled, it's hollow and rebar does not bend that way naturally unless superman was pulling it out of the way.

That is electrical conduit that was dropped through the hollow chambers of the cinderblock during construction...In my strong opinion.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

a reporter on the news just interviewed the dr for the hospital where all the victims were taken...they did 26 surgeries yesterday and another 6 today

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

During the conference this morning they said they used both breaching tools and the armored vehicle to breach into the building.

ETA - they also said that their initial breach was unsatisfactory and they had to work on it. Which could also explain why there's several holes closer together.

As for the multiple holes, you tend to want to create as many possible entrances as possible so the other side can't just sit and look at one hole in the wall.

As far as I remember from the presser, law enforcement was in contact with not only the shooter but several people inside the club during the standoff. There was a small group in the bathroom with the shooter and a much larger group in the other bathroom.

The decision was made to breach because negotiators felt loss of life was imminent. At that point you have to get into the building. You do whatever you can to mitigate the risk to hostages inside, but you still have to get in somehow.
edit on 13-6-2016 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Cinder-block is an extremely common building material in Fla.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
Why would they use rebar in cinderblock? The cinderblock is not filled, it's hollow and rebar does not bend that way naturally unless superman was pulling it out of the way.

I said 'appears to be' but I am of the opinion there is none in there. I need to see a better photo of that hole.

That is electrical conduit that was dropped through the hollow chambers of the cinderblock during construction...In my strong opinion.

That is most likely what we are seeing.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You use rebar for structural strength in a cinder block building

I believe that the local building code would mandate a certain strength for those types of buildings

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wildbob77
You use rebar for structural strength in a cinder block building

I understand that, I just do not see any poured concrete in there as well.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
OK, who's the joker who added a toilet to the debris field? (behind the tech's leg at the far left):

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Because there was a bathroom on the other side of the wall they breached?

And if they knew there were hostages inside the bathroom, perhaps that was a strategic point of entry, or at least to add confusion what with all the points of breach and to save as many people as possible?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Wildbob77

Yes, it depends on the code.

I've seen a LOT of single story structures with block walls where rebar was not used.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

What do you think that piece of rod that has the appearance of rusty steel and cross hatched marks might be then?

Not sure but it ends right beneath her elbow. What would be the point of putting rebar in without pouring concrete?

Zoom in, you can see it in the photo between her left shoulder and her sunglasses.

That looks like electrical line to me, the metal around the wires I think. Doesn't look like rebar to me.

It could be BX, but the piece that I was referring to was very straight, and BX (although electricians would rather not run it inside of block walls) tends to have bows and sways in it, as it is very flexible (it comes in rolls). Rebar is straight when it is delivered for construction use.
edit on b000000302016-06-13T11:18:24-05:0011America/ChicagoMon, 13 Jun 2016 11:18:24 -05001100000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I am posting this here because honestly, I have an account and feel like I have to share it somewhere. I do believe people are dead and this is a complete tragedy.

I am going to be a bit vague on purpose, it's pathetic I feel like I shouldn't talk about this, but the state of the world we live in makes people afraid to say anything. See something, say something amirite? ugh.

A friend of a friend worked with the alleged shooter in Port St Lucie.

At the time they worked together, it was at the Port St. Lucie courthouse and the alleged shooter was working SECURITY THERE. At a courthouse.

How is it possible this person was working at a courthouse?? Wasn't he allegedly under investigation for quite a while?

It should be noted friend of friend is posting on social media that they are in disbelief, alleged shooter was always so kind, even remarked how weird it is to see a picture of him not smiling because he was always smiling.

I don't know what it means, but that's some information.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Mateen was apparently the world's best-paid security guard:

www.dailymail.co.uk... -killed-him.html#ixzz4BTcfOYeH
Mateen was said to be in a 'distressed' state when he bought number 937(a 3 bedroom unit) for $95,000 in September 2013. Today it is thought to be worth about $190,000.
The Palm Beach Post reported that he took out a $76,000 loan to finance the home. It was advertised as a 'spacious pool home' which needs 'a little TLC'.

I'll say it again: this native Afghan speaker did not spend his time guarding a convenience store. He was, instead, a private contractor(aka a mercenary) in the middle east.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: Wildbob77

Yes, it depends on the code.

I've seen a LOT of single story structures with block walls where rebar was not used.

Correct. It has mostly to do with the single story and the load of the building on the wall in question.
Type of roof that the wall is supporting is involved too.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: starviego

Mateen was apparently the world's best-paid security guard:

www.dailymail.co.uk... -killed-him.html#ixzz4BTcfOYeH
Mateen was said to be in a 'distressed' state when he bought number 937(a 3 bedroom unit) for $95,000 in September 2013. Today it is thought to be worth about $190,000.
The Palm Beach Post reported that he took out a $76,000 loan to finance the home. It was advertised as a 'spacious pool home' which needs 'a little TLC'.

I'll say it again: this native Afghan speaker did not spend his time guarding a convenience store. He was, instead, a private contractor(aka a mercenary) in the middle east.

Good points.
We have seen posts in the thread where his father had a slew of shell corporations and supposed ties to the CIA.
There often seems to be shady stuff surrounding these stories.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Something else that's kind of weird: the death toll suddenly went from around 20 to 50 about 9am yesterday(local time). But it hasn't budged since then, despite many being critically wounded, and despite them saying the number would go up.

----------------

originally posted by: NEB0168
At the time they worked together, it was at the Port St. Lucie courthouse and the alleged shooter was working SECURITY THERE. At a courthouse.

Confirmed:

www.cnn.com...
The company assigned him to the St. Lucie County Courthouse.

edit on 13-6-2016 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

www.dailymail.co.uk...

turns out it is true he remarried and has a child, the 2nd wife,named nook zahi salman around 2012..,but she was currently listed as a different address from him so they may not have still been together.

it seems he wasn't anti gay back in 2004 after he graduated high school...but he started working at G4S in 2007 whereat some point down the line, he was very hateful and the worker transfered because they wouldn't fire him and he was threatening to kill blacks and gays
edit on 13-6-2016 by research100 because: added sentence

oh, and the shooters dad said he should not have shot the gays because God will punish them......what a piece of work the dad is

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: research100

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: dragonridr

If it were only that easy. There is likely more to this than one incident. Does a devote Muslim beat women on a frequent basis.

Yes having lived in Saudi for a year it's quite common actually.

www.dailymail.co.uk... omen-loved-violence.html

a coworker where the shooter worked saids

Mateen would use 'horrible words' whenever he saw a 'female or black person' according to Gilroy, and on one occasion said 'I would just like to kill all those n******.'

he was very religious..brought his prayer mat to work and prayed several times a day...he wou;lld goff about jewish people and gays, talking about killing them...there were many complaints, the business did nothing so the co-worker got a transfer so he didn't have to work with him anymore

They even contacted the FBI with their concerns. This apparently wasn't a surprise to anyone that knew him.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
It is being reported that five of the hospitalized victims are in "grave" condition. Prayers for their recovery.

There is Snapchat video being shared by the brother of one of the victims who did not survive of the first moments where shots can be heard.

So very sad.

new topics

top topics

<< 99  100  101    103  104  105 >>

join