It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orlando Nightclub Massacre

page: 103
<< 100  101  102    104  105  106 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

here is the link you can click on the victims name and learn who they were heavy.com...

Edward Sotomayor Jr., 34

Stanley Almodovar III, 23

Luis Omar Ocasio-Capo, 20

Juan Ramon Guerrero, 22

Eric Ivan Ortiz-Rivera, 36

Peter O. Gonzalez-Cruz, 22

Luis S. Vielma, 22

Kimberly Morris, 37

Eddie Jamoldroy Justice, 30

Darryl Roman Burt II, 29
Deonka Deidra Drayton, 32

Alejandro Barrios Martinez, 21

Anthony Luis Laureano Disla, 25

Jean Carlos Mendez Perez, 35

Franky Jimmy Dejesus Velazquez, 50

Martin Benitez Torres, 33

Luis Daniel Wilson-Leon, 37

Mercedez Marisol Flores, 26

Amanda Alvear, 25

Xavier Emmanuel Serrano Rosado, 35

Gilberto Ramon Silva Menendez, 25

Simon Adrian Carrillo Fernandez, 31

Oscar A Aracena-Montero, 26

Enrique L. Rios, Jr., 25

Miguel Angel Honorato, 30

Javier Jorge-Reyes, 40

Joel Rayon Paniagua, 32

Jason Benjamin Josaphat, 19

Cory James Connell, 21

Juan P. Rivera Velazquez, 37

Luis Daniel Conde, 39

Shane Evan Tomlinson, 33

Juan Chevez-Martinez, 25

Jerald Arthur Wright, 31

Leroy Valentin Fernandez, 25

Tevin Eugene Crosby, 25
edit on 13-6-2016 by research100 because: copied the list twice,deleted the extra copy

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

www.cnn.com...
At around 5 a.m., police used an armored vehicle to punch through a wall and began pulling people to safety. The gunman came out of that hole, too, and exchanged fire with police, who shot him dead, Mina said.

So why didn't the gunman try to kill many more hostages when he noticed the police activiity?

----------------------

And what happened to the off-duty cop/security guard who initially engaged the shooter? He's disappeared.
edit on 13-6-2016 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego

not sure if this has anything to to do with it, but ,someone who survived hiding under the dead bodies for 3 hours said he was asking the hostages what their nationality was

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

The point about him using horrible words when he saw a female doesn't jive with the story from the friend of my friend.

She's a woman, and apparently Mateen had openly flirted with another woman all the time and it was a running joke. He was also friendly to other women at the courthouse.

Not sure what to believe.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: NEB0168

when did your friend know the shooter??? it seems after he graduated high school and for a while before 2009 he got along with the gays and then at some point when he was working at G4S....he was hateful ranting that he hated jews and gays and was going to kill

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

it is a friend (let's call her A) of my friend (let's call them B). B and I have been friends for almost 20 yrs. Probably my closest friend. A went to high school with B. B and I went to separate high schools but remained good friends. B sent a Facebook message to A today asking her if she was okay trying to get a feel for when they worked together. It definitely was within the last few years, so post 2010 ish. B said that A recently had a baby (last year or so) but was working at the courthouse beforehand.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego

www.cnn.com...
At around 5 a.m., police used an armored vehicle to punch through a wall and began pulling people to safety. The gunman came out of that hole, too, and exchanged fire with police, who shot him dead, Mina said.

So why didn't the gunman try to kill many more hostages when he noticed the police activiity?

Who said he didn't?

ETA - no the off duty cop hasn't disappeared. You're confusing your lack of knowledge for holes in the story. The off duty engaged him, backup arrived and they continued to engage him and forced him to retreat to a bathroom, at which point they started getting people out of the club and kept him contained.
edit on 13-6-2016 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
It is being reported that five of the hospitalized victims are in "grave" condition. Prayers for their recovery.

There is Snapchat video being shared by the brother of one of the victims who did not survive of the first moments where shots can be heard.

So very sad.

Thank you for sharing but this honestly broke my heart

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wildbob77
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You use rebar for structural strength in a cinder block building

I believe that the local building code would mandate a certain strength for those types of buildings

If you use rebar to re-enforce cinderblock, then you fill the cinderblock chambers or "cells" with concrete around the rebar to make a solid wall. The walls in those pics have hollow chambers. That rebar would be useless in hollow chambers. It's electrical conduit.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego

www.cnn.com...

Why would the gunman come out?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Why are assault rifles even on the market?

I'm starting to sound like a broken record. These weapons should only be available to troops, the fact that civilians can get their hands on one is worrying. Then you have the stubborn seconds who claim that these guns are smuggled into the country despite the fact that many are actually manufactured in the U.S! if someone shot someone with a unregistered Kalashnikov then I'd be worried about gun smuggling.

I'm sick of hearing of bumpkin preppers defend the ability to own a weapon like an assault rifle because they are afraid of a commie invasion or a NWO. A Pistol can protect, A rifle can hunt for game and protect, why do some people think that an assault rifle is necessary?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

I believe that the local building code would mandate a certain strength for those types of buildings

If you use rebar to re-enforce cinderblock, then you fill the cinderblock chambers or "cells" with concrete around the rebar to make a solid wall. The walls in those pics have hollow chambers. That rebar would be useless in hollow chambers. It's electrical conduit.

One photo shows a chunk of concrete block that is solid. It is probably because some of the cells were poured full of concrete.
Electrical conduits can be found inside concrete block walls, but they are usually not, for reasons of accessibility.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

I'm starting to sound like a broken record. These weapons should only be available to troops, the fact that civilians can get their hands on one is worrying. Then you have the stubborn seconds who claim that these guns are smuggled into the country despite the fact that many are actually manufactured in the U.S! if someone shot someone with a unregistered Kalashnikov then I'd be worried about gun smuggling.

I'm sick of hearing of bumpkin preppers defend the ability to own a weapon like an assault rifle because they are afraid of a commie invasion or a NWO. A Pistol can protect, A rifle can hunt for game and protect, why do some people think that an assault rifle is necessary?

Cause they look so damn Sexy and everyone wants to be a "Warrior" without having to go through that "Military" training rubbish.
If a AR15 looked like a Flash Gordon Laser weapon do you think people would buy them.? They could fire the same rounds and hit the same target at the same distance, but no-one would be seen dead with one down the Range. It's a Macho thong...eh, thing...Na i was probably correct the first time.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

so the shooter claimed he knew the boston marathon bombing brothers

www.dailymail.co.uk... ied-buy-military-grade-body-armor-store-weeks-Orlando-gay-club-massacre.html

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Because people are willing to pay money to buy them.

i am sick of hearing people that don't want to own a rifle saying that no one else should.

I am sick of hearing people say that it is ok to own a pistol but not a rifle..... when handguns kill far more Americans than rifles do!!!
Why ban the less dangerous of the two???

edit on b000000302016-06-13T12:57:33-05:0012America/ChicagoMon, 13 Jun 2016 12:57:33 -05001200000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

One photo shows a chunk of concrete block that is solid. It is probably because some of the cells were poured full of concrete.
Electrical conduits can be found inside concrete block walls, but they are usually not, for reasons of accessibility.

More so in a night club that might have had another leaser before them...often new electrical is added (not initial construction) and those contractors will fish conduit up and down through the hollow chambers of cinder block..example to run electrical from the basement access to the ceiling lights. I am not a structural architect, but my friend is and has been for 30 years. I have visited a lot of construction sites and talked structural integrity and understand the principles of rebar...that is not rebar in my strong opinion.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

Knowing what happened to her immediately after the video ended, is very heartbreaking. If guns were only sold to the military and law enforcement, dear Amanda would still be alive, happy...and her family wouldn't be making funeral plans.

edit on 6/13/2016 by carewemust because: guns should only be shipped to the military and law enforcement

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

More so in a night club that might have had another leaser before them...often new electrical is added (not initial construction) and those contractors will fish conduit up and down through the hollow chambers of cinder block..example to run electrical from the basement access to the ceiling lights. I am not a structural architect, but my friend is and has been for 30 years. I have visited a lot of construction sites and talked structural integrity and understand the principles of rebar...that is not rebar in my strong opinion.

I am going to guess that you have never had to fish flexible metal electrical conduit through concrete block walls. the webs in the blocks don't line up when you lay blocks correctly. The holes don't line up. It is a nightmare to fish them through.
Then we will go to the point about a lower level in that building. Most buildings in Florida are built on slabs, unless it is a high rise building. There is a reason for that too.
edit on b000000302016-06-13T13:05:55-05:0001America/ChicagoMon, 13 Jun 2016 13:05:55 -0500100000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Bumpkin Preppers? Ok, how about this... I am sick of hearing about LGBT Queens that are afraid of getting mowed down by Terrorists.. You think just because 49 LGBT Queens were murdered the rest should sacrifice our own protection so you have an illusion of safety?

See how insulting that was? You think you can just start spewing hate because you disagree with them preppers? Has it ever occurred to you that a Terrorist doesn't go after "them there preppers" because they are armed?

Use that head for more than a hat rack pal..

edit on 13-6-2016 by JohnMandell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SomeDumbBroad

The stories are heartbreaking. I have a gay son. I worry for his safety, especially with politics currently fanning the flames.

I've been reading about the victims identified so far. Many families are right now having hearts broken and dreams shattered.

This story also broke my heart in reading about the victims.

At 2 a.m. on Sunday morning, Eddie Justice texted his mom. “Mommy I love you,” he wrote. “In club they shooting.”

Mina Justice, who’d been fast asleep when she received her son’s first text, told AP that she immediately tried calling her son but got no response. A few seconds later, he texted again to say that he was trapped in a Pulse restroom.

“Call police,” he typed. A minute later: “I’m gonna die.”

Frantic, she called 911 and the dispatcher asked her to stay on the line. At 2:39 a.m., Justice texted again. “He’s coming,” he wrote.

“He’s in the bathroom with us,” Justice said in a text a few minutes later. “He’s a terror.”

That was one of the last texts his mom received.

Justice was an accountant, she said, who “liked to eat and work out” and to “make everyone laugh.”

Source

So very sorry for all the victims and those who loved them who are left behind.

Heartbreaking

new topics

top topics

<< 100  101  102    104  105  106 >>

join