It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orlando Nightclub Massacre

page: 104
<< 101  102  103    105  106  107 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
a reply to: SomeDumbBroad

The stories are heartbreaking. I have a gay son. I worry for his safety, especially with politics currently fanning the flames.

I've been reading about the victims identified so far. Many families are right now having hearts broken and dreams shattered.

This story also broke my heart in reading about the victims.

At 2 a.m. on Sunday morning, Eddie Justice texted his mom. “Mommy I love you,” he wrote. “In club they shooting.”

Mina Justice, who’d been fast asleep when she received her son’s first text, told AP that she immediately tried calling her son but got no response. A few seconds later, he texted again to say that he was trapped in a Pulse restroom.

“Call police,” he typed. A minute later: “I’m gonna die.”

Frantic, she called 911 and the dispatcher asked her to stay on the line. At 2:39 a.m., Justice texted again. “He’s coming,” he wrote.

“He’s in the bathroom with us,” Justice said in a text a few minutes later. “He’s a terror.”

That was one of the last texts his mom received.

Justice was an accountant, she said, who “liked to eat and work out” and to “make everyone laugh.”

Source

So very sorry for all the victims and those who loved them who are left behind.

Heartbreaking

I'm Sorry, but in that situation i dont think i would be swapping texts back and forth with anyone. I would be removing something really heavy like a toilet or cistern lid to crown the bastard with as soon as he walked in that door.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: Wildbob77
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You use rebar for structural strength in a cinder block building

I believe that the local building code would mandate a certain strength for those types of buildings

If you use rebar to re-enforce cinderblock, then you fill the cinderblock chambers or "cells" with concrete around the rebar to make a solid wall. The walls in those pics have hollow chambers. That rebar would be useless in hollow chambers. It's electrical conduit.

One photo shows a chunk of concrete block that is solid. It is probably because some of the cells were poured full of concrete.
Electrical conduits can be found inside concrete block walls, but they are usually not, for reasons of accessibility.

More so in a night club that might have had another leaser before them...often new electrical is added (not initial construction) and those contractors will fish conduit up and down through the hollow chambers of cinder block..example to run electrical from the basement access to the ceiling lights. I am not a structural architect, but my friend is and has been for 30 years. I have visited a lot of construction sites and talked structural integrity and understand the principles of rebar...that is not rebar in my strong opinion.

I am going to guess that you have never had to fish flexible metal electrical conduit through concrete block walls.

I have.

the webs in the blocks don't line up when you lay blocks correctly. The holes don't line up. It is a nightmare to fish them through.

Yes...a pain in the ass. I made due with a slightly flexible 6 ft. steel pole about a quarter inch in diameter taped to the end of the conduit as a snake. Having ceiling access on the second floor helps and flashlight to scope out a clear path.

Then we will go to the point about a lower level in that building. Most buildings in Florida are built on slabs, unless it is a high rise building. There is a reason for that too.

Where that rebar or Conduit exits is not filled cinderblock as best I can tell. If you are going all in that you think this is rebar let me know and I can do some closer analysis of that pic and others yada yada looking for more clues..if you are just feeling trolly...cut me a break on a busy day.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

He was saying goodbye. I understand that. I also understand your point and would have grabbed a toilet tank cover too, with the other hand. Truly heartbreaking exchange between him and his mother.
:'(

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

Knowing what happened to her immediately after the video ended, is very heartbreaking. If guns were only sold to the military and law enforcement, dear Amanda would still be alive, happy...and her family wouldn't be making funeral plans.

In this situation, no I can't agree these victims would be alive if only LE and military had guns. He worked security at a courthouse. He would be armed by virtue of his work regardless. We do agree that the entire incident is heartbreaking.
Peace
edit on 13-6-2016 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

No mother should have to go through that.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ImmortalLegend527

I know every one is playing its mortal role but

Can we really include racially motivated killings that occured before the civil rights movement?

It kind of goes against Trumps lets make America white again movement.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

a snake.

Any electrician will quickly tell you that a plumber has no business doing wiring.
Plumbers use 'snakes' to clear drains.
Electricians use a 'fish' to pull wires.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Miracula2

Can we really include racially motivated killings that occured before the civil rights movement?

LoL, that's not what the movement is.

The other poster should have added WACO to the list...

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Miracula2

Oh boy arent we the snowflake.. This massacre didn't happen on Trumps watch but you people sure try to blame him for it at every turn.

No one said you can't have your safe zones and gun free zones. Do whatever you want! I don't see the big deal here other than the fact that you want the rest of us to suffer the same fate as these 49.

I'll take Trump over Obama any day of the week and I'll bet the 49 that died wish someone would have been there to protect them because Obama let this happen. Own it liberals, you have a weak leader that allowed another 49 to die in the name of Islam. Own it, wear it, embrace it...

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: Timely

Why are assault rifles even on the market?

I'm starting to sound like a broken record. These weapons should only be available to troops, the fact that civilians can get their hands on one is worrying. Then you have the stubborn seconds who claim that these guns are smuggled into the country despite the fact that many are actually manufactured in the U.S! if someone shot someone with a unregistered Kalashnikov then I'd be worried about gun smuggling.

I'm sick of hearing of bumpkin preppers defend the ability to own a weapon like an assault rifle because they are afraid of a commie invasion or a NWO. A Pistol can protect, A rifle can hunt for game and protect, why do some people think that an assault rifle is necessary?

Well first of all THEY ARENT ASSAULT RIFLES. A assault rifle is a MILITARY ONLY WEAPON Unless you have a class 3 weapons licence. The rifle LOOKS the same but it is NOT INTERNALLY THE SAME. CIvlilian AR-15 is single shot single trigger pull repeater rifle. That means a trigger pull for each round.

THIS needs to be educated to the masses so they understand this because it can lead to stupid laws being passed due to ignorance.

Please educate yourselves before shooting off about something. Yeah this shooter was a sick freak but dont go blaming the tools he used. Blame him.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnMandell

You do realize that there are liberals who also own guns? Yes?
You do realize that even Mr. Trump needs Progressive/liberal votes to come close to winning?
You do realize sweeping accusations and insults toward all liberals from people like you helps ensure Mr. Trump will never be president?
Oh wait...keep posting. Keep insulting. You appear to be right "on message"

*eyeroll*

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
It seems odd to me that he had to go buy guns, I know people in military and police, they own guns, he once being a security guard didn't own any weapons?
edit on 13-6-2016 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
When a white guy murdered 9 black church goers in South Carolina, Obama, Hillary, and others blamed the South and the Confederate Flag. A Muslim Terrorists murders 50 innocent people because they are gay, and Obama, Hillary, and others blame....guns. Am I missing something here?

edit on 13-6-2016 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ker2010
Am I missing something here?

An all round perspective not blinkered by politics perhaps?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

I believe the word you are searching for is racism. Dylann Roof is racist. His intent was to set off a race war. Racism gets the blame there like homophobia here and probably mental illness is a shared trait with this incident.

Guns are a wedge issue that comes up in both cases.
Peace
edit on 13-6-2016 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

Nope. I'd say you are at the same place as a lot of us.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

That is so horrible. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
a reply to: JohnMandell

You do realize that there are liberals who also own guns? Yes?
You do realize that even Mr. Trump needs Progressive/liberal votes to come close to winning?
You do realize sweeping accusations and insults toward all liberals from people like you helps ensure Mr. Trump will never be president?
Oh wait...keep posting. Keep insulting. You appear to be right "on message"

*eyeroll*

No, we do not realize that liberals are gun owners too. They are the ones that want us to suffer the same fate of the 49 who were murdered. You liberals can keep your gun free zones.

It is nice how you ignore the original posters insult though and jump all over this poster. The original poster said Trump wanted to make America White again. Who has ever heard Trump say that?

Crickets..

Snowflake syndrome when insults are returned.. Boo hoo

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Knowing what happened to her immediately after the video ended, is very heartbreaking. If guns were only sold to the military and law enforcement, dear Amanda would still be alive, happy...and her family wouldn't be making funeral plans.

Well go live in an country that subscribes to that nonsense. Oh and btw this happens where guns are not freely available as you wish maybe with the exception of North Korea or China. Why dont you move you there? Seems you would be happier as a boot licker..

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimBielson
Snowflake syndrome when insults are returned.. Boo hoo

I realise that snowflake is meant to be an insult, but its just that it sounds like something a kindergarten kid would come out with.

Are you 5 and incapable of communicating in a rational manner?

top topics

<< 101  102  103    105  106  107 >>

join