It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First female major party nomination in History: Congratulations Ladies!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: thedarkone9966

Meh - splitting hairs, but HuffPo had an image up where it was 100% women, mostly white as well.

The real point being that one could point at organizations from both sides of the spectrum and call out bias.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReprobateRaccoon
a reply to: Willtell

I don't vote for people because of what's between their legs, I vote based on their platform and values.

Voting for someone because she's a woman would be offensive, and says that we lack the ability to formulate opinions based on relevant issues. Being a woman doesn't impress me. Many of us are born this way. It's no big deal.

Hillary 2016? HELL NO!

I agree with you, but this thread is about representation in government and Hillary sure has perseverance and other positive qualities I am sure, or she would not have made it this far.

www.unwomen.org...

edit on 8-6-2016 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: thedarkone9966
Progress is a term they do not like. Not a fan of Hillary but a woman nominee is progress.

And you understand the point of this thread, too!

originally posted by: InTheLight
I got it wasn't political immediately, but some here do indeed salivate instantaneously but not by their own will.

It is indeed progress as many studies show, when young people can identify with any role model who has attained true power through hard work, open-mindedness, perseverance and fairness, then that sets the wheels in motion.

Beautiful post! ....and you got it, too

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
The cynics will never understand…something is wrong with their hearts

The principle of moving forward to include the feminine energy in this case in sharing power transcends the candidate

LOL...are you serious? You think that something is wrong with MY heart just because I find it disgusting that Hillary Clinton is the first major-party woman nominee? There is so much wrong with that method of determination that I don't even know where to begin with the specifics, so I guess I just won't, as it will probably fall on dismissive deaf ears anyhow.

just like the first black president in history 8 years ago brought joy to millions

If people cant understand that and can only make cynical jokes then God help you

Yes, and then the first black president caused millions of people to have "buyers' remorse," too.

The real problem, here, is not those of us who dismiss the "significance" of this event, but with those who find it significant BECAUSE of race, or sex, or whatever.

I dismiss it because I've moved on from the old idea that race or sex matters, and I base my opinions on the content of character. In doing so, I find Hillary to be excessively lacking, and absolutely undeserving of any praise in this accomplishment.

And don't even get me started on her lack of qualification--I don't care how many offices or positions that she has held, when you do a terrible job, you're not qualified for crap.
edit on 8-6-2016 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: LordAstaroth
I just wanted to add. You support Clinton and celebrate her victory because she is a woman. How pathetic. A woman won woo hoo! I have a great amount of respect for women. Anyone that knows me could vouch for this, but really this is pitiful

I’m not celebrating Hillary

I’m celebrating the advancement of humanity towards total inclusion....balance

I don’t like Hillary

CAN'T I GET THAT THROUGH THE THICK SKULLS HERE!

JESUS H CHRIST!!!!

Have fun celebrating abstract ideas, while the rest of the world realizes that the president of the USA controls vast power and influence across the globe and whoever occupies that chair can cause a LOT of strife for a LOT of people. The president is supposed to be a policy maker, not a mascot.

But that's all OK because she has a vagina.

I wonder if you required surgery, and all the best surgeons at the hospital were male, would you purposefully find yourself a less qualified female surgeon just to maintain balance? What does that even mean?

Be very careful, we've spent decades getting over the idea that gender or race entitles you to certain things, now your pushing us back there. I now understand why people keep calling this new movement regressive, it literally is.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

“There is a special place in hell for women who don't help other women."

Maybe

Not too long ago Madeleine and Gloria encouraged us to support our first female nominee because she's a woman

I was hoping for an amalgam of her and Bernard - but Ms. Warren wasn't cooperating :-)

Historic. The fact that this is historic is just more evidence of how backwards our nation really is at times

Onwards and upwards!

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

I agree with you, but this thread is about representation in government and Hillary sure has perseverance and other positive qualities I am sure, or she would not have made it this far.

www.unwomen.org...

Hillary is a snake oil salesman without morals, and with a temperament that WILL put this nation in jeopardy. She can't be trusted. Having served two years in the White House Military Office during the Clinton Administration, I've spent enough time around the Clintons that I'd sooner vote for a regressive fool like Trump than to buy into her lies and deceit. Believe me when I say she's dangerous.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ReprobateRaccoon

Believe me when I say she's dangerous.

then:

...I'd sooner vote for a regressive fool like Trump...

Goes to credibility
edit on 6/8/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: space...

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: James1982

Is equality of race or gender according to the American moral conscience or constitution?

No

So you want woman forever second class citizens because you think equality is an abstract

Abstract means something intangible.

Equality is very tangible

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

Believe me when I say she's dangerous.

then:

...I'd sooner vote for a regressive fool like Trump...

Goes to credibility

The difference is that a lot of people believe her lies. That makes her dangerous. Everyone knows Trump is a moron, so people are more skeptical and cautious.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I'm sorry to go off topic a little, but the OP of this thread is a little "soft", and soft in the sense of how our country acts today.. I feel the OP is the exact person in the overly PC crowd that makes something out of everything today.... Hillary is a BAD person, this isn't a good/cool/progressive thing thats happening to our country. It's essentially the worst thing that could happen to our country, and you want us to celebrate this day??? Nope... On 8/18/1920, we saw progress when females were allowed to vote, but this, this is not progress..

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Don’t worry ladies…Sir Galahad is back…I’ll deal with all these knuckle heads as I did last night!

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I'm shaking my head at your response to the thread you are responding to.
And I'm thinking "wow, how can anyone really have such a total failure to grasp reality?"

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Everyone knows Trump is a moron, so people are more skeptical and cautious.

Still voting for him then?

:-)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

And I'm thinking "wow, how can anyone really have such a total failure to grasp reality?"

One might ask the same question about you. It's obvious this country didn't end up with the choices it should have...Still think Drumpf is the answer?

The point of this thread is not something that would be easy to miss under ordinary circumstances. First woman nominated for president since the birth of our nation. Do you honestly have to like her to not appreciate what this means?
edit on 6/8/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

The reality is that the OP was about the advancement of woman so the human race can one day achieve balance as it is off balance now with an extreme male polarity ruling or misruling the world.

The lower intellect can’t understand nuance or evolutionary development as the horrible responses to this OP illustrates…

This OP isn’t about Hillary Clinton

All over the country and the world many Woman are thrilled not with Hillary Clinton per se but with breaking a glass ceiling.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Keep reading maybe you'll learn somthing

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

A woman won the nomination. This has never happened before

I feel the OP is the exact person in the overly PC crowd that makes something out of everything today....

Who is it exactly that's being PC? It's your own sense of political correctness that prevents you from thinking - and being able to separate one thing from another

edit on 6/8/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

I understand its never happened before, and it doesn't look good that the first time it happens ihe nominee is under federal investigation and a possible indictment.... You may consider this a "historic" moment, but I can't celebrate when a criminal just smirks her way through our political system right to the party nomination... it just shows how broken our system is.. you can celebrate this moment, but It makes people like me totally sick

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

Can't let it go can you?

:-)

Well - part of the reason we are where we are is because of political correctness. That is for sure - that is for damn sure

And no - that wasn't me tossing you a bone

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join