It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First female major party nomination in History: Congratulations Ladies!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

I think what it means is that some people think that having a woman nominee is such a big deal, that it is somehow acceptable that the woman is an evil, corrupt criminal.

A person's gender should have NOTHING to do with electing them to office. THAT would be the most progressive attitude. And it has been the attitude in this country for a long time. We have women serving in many powerful positions. No one has ever stopped a woman from trying to run for the presidency. (at least not for many years) So, this is not such a big accomplishment. It's not like Hillary changed anything. There was nothing stopping any woman from running.

It is the opposite of progressive to somehow think that it is ok to celebrate a nomination only because the nominee is a woman.

How hard is that to understand?

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: James1982

Is equality of race or gender according to the American moral conscience or constitution?

No

So you want woman forever second class citizens because you think equality is an abstract

Abstract means something intangible.

Equality is very tangible

Please look up the meaning of tangible. Equality does not fit in there. A missile from a drone is tangible. The victims of US aggression which clinton supports can lay their hands upon the twisted metal and dead bodies that came as a result. That's tangible.

Equality cannot exist in any real sense because it existence is entirely dependent upon perspective.

Lets look at the gay marriage issue to explain what I mean:

A gay man can get married to a woman. A straight man can get married to a woman. A gay man can not marry another man. A straight man can not marry another man. Both the gay man and the straight man in this example enjoy equality, because their restrictions are equal. They can both marry a woman, and neither can marry a man. The same. Equal. But we are only looking at this situation from one perspective. The variable we are using here is what gender can this person marry, and in that sense both the gay and straight men are equal, they can both only marry the same gender.

But they are not equal. If a man loves a man, and another man loves a woman, only one can marry the person they love. Not equal. It's all in how a situation is presented. As a gay man, if I can't marry a man, well that IS equality in one sense because straight men can't marry other men either. There is equality between men if they can all only marry women. But we know that's silly. We know the reality of the situation is that a gay man is being stopped from marrying who they love because of gender. In that sense it's not equal at all.

Taxes can provide another example of how equality depends on perspective. Say every person pays the exact same tax of 10,000 a year. That's equality. Everyone pays the exact same amount, so that should be a nice equal system. But it's not, because some people don't even make 10,000 a year. Their tax would mean they die. To another person, with far more money, the tax they pay has no effect whatsoever on any aspect of their life. Not exactly equal is it?

Behaving as if equality is some simple concept (either to define or to obtain) is very dangerous.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Not picking on you or women BUT:

Celebrating a candidates accomplishments along with attributes such as their sex or color, is about as worthwhile as celebrating a the first Fat POTUS, First skinny POTUS, First Short POTUS, First Tall POTUS, First Ugly POTUS , first HOT POTUS ,etc.

The power of the MSM and how they distract the people from things that REALLY matter is amazing.

shake heads.

With that said, Yes congratulations to over weight, ugly,pathological liars,scandalous women out there that can relate with Hillary.

Hopefully in next election we can celebrate healthy, Hot , ethical women .
edit on 58630America/ChicagoWed, 08 Jun 2016 11:58:13 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Hillary is not the first woman to be nominated as presidential candidate - Lenora Fulani was the candidate for the New Alliance Party Ticket in 1988 (she placed 4th in the running after Ron Paul on the libertarian ticket).

Jill Stein was also the Green Party nominee for president in 2012.

The fact that Hillary supporters are espousing this as some historical moment shows two things to me (I'm a libertarian voter)...

1) Hillary's supporters buy into her egomaniacal self aggrandizement hook, line, and sinker despite real history
2) This shows that the people are so indoctrinated into the two party dichotomy by the media and public 'education' system that they don't even give credence to other legitimate political parties

The two party system is the problem and the cause of a Trump / Hillary matchup, and the people who try to link Hillary to some noble feminist cause just highlight their ignorance of the historical record and the fact that she is a warmonger corporatist in bed with the military industrial complex and wall street.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

It is the opposite of progressive to somehow think that it is ok to celebrate a nomination only because the nominee is a woman.

How hard is that to understand?

How hard? The opposite of progressive you say?

You do not have to like Hillary Clinton to recognize what just happened and appreciate it for what it is

Feeling just a wee bit doggy in the mangerish are we?

A person's gender should have NOTHING to do with electing them to office

Of course not. I've said as much myself - in other threads

This has nothing to do with the point of the OP

edit on 6/8/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: thought better of something...

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Equality is tangible when you don’t have it, when you’re oppressed

That’s what is tangible and very near inequality

Ill say it one more time; no one is celebrating Hillary but the advancement of woman

Millions of woman are proud

If you can’t understand the TANGIBLE benefit of that then so be it that’s your problem

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

MAJOR PARTY

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

The two party system is the problem and the cause of a Trump / Hillary matchup, and the people who try to link Hillary to some noble feminist cause just highlight their ignorance of the historical record and the fact that she is a warmonger corporatist in bed with the military industrial complex and wall street.

yada, yada, yada...

She just won the nomination (we think) to represent one party in a two party system

If she wins (if) she will be the first woman in these United States of America to be president since this country was nothing more than a twinkle in our founding father's eyes

Jibber jabber all you want - some of us are not above acknowledging what's true and important above and beyond this petty need some have to state their hate for Hillary

Hate her - nobody is stopping you

edit on 6/8/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Ill say it one more time; no one is celebrating Hillary but the advancement of woman

If you can’t understand the TANGIBLE benefit of that then so be it that’s your problem

Why are you proud? She is not president. She is just a nominee. She is not the first female nominee. The others didn't get any of this fanfare.

Perspective...

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: James1982

Why are you proud? She is not president. She is just a nominee. She is not the first female nominee. The others didn't get any of this fanfare.

Perspective...

The perspective exists on many levels.

Sure Hillary is problematic to beat the band. But so were the founders of this great country that has evolved to a better, much better place than when the founders started it with their slaves and genocidal wars on Indians and horrible treatment of woman…

So this breakthrough is only a beginning where the female energy can tag along and make a better world overall as we evolve to be better and more humane planet.

edit on 8-6-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

You are no warrior for women. What a joke. Support women, not crooks. Women have the right to serve in positions of power.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAstaroth

You are no warrior for women. What a joke. Support women, not crooks. Women have the right to serve in positions of power.

So if we elected a saintly woman for office, GOP or Dem you'd then be proud

BTW, when did we or do we ever nominate or elect good human beings?

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The party is pushing through a criminal to be the nominee, but because she's female, lets be proud!!

But lets be honest, the left side doesn't give two bleeps if she's indicted or not, heck, 71% said an indictment wouldn't change their stance to whether they'd vote for her.. That's how broken our political system is, where the public will gladly vote for a criminal to run this country. And at a time when it's more broken then ever..

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
What people don’t understand is that even to be president you have to have the psychological mentality of a serial killer.

Granted, we are better than the 1800’s. 1700’s, 1600’s 1500’s etc., but still have a long way to go considering my point above.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Not buying it.

When Sarah Palin was nominated as veep, there was so much hatred and ridicule from the left that it was nauseating.

Now you all want to celebrate simply because she's a woman and ignore the political partisan aspects?

Hillary sucks. She's an embarrassment to everyone!

(see? I was inclusive!)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

No I wouldnt be proud then. I dont care what is between the legs of a leader. Not exactly what I care about. If these are the standards placed on candidates nowadays I see no hope.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
A donkey could do a better job....and it would be a first.
Should we give it an award?
NO it's still a disaster

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Not buying it.

When Sarah Palin was nominated as veep, there was so much hatred and ridicule from the left that it was nauseating.

Now you all want to celebrate simply because she's a woman and ignore the political partisan aspects?

Hillary sucks. She's an embarrassment to everyone!

(see? I was inclusive!)

We already had a VP nominee in Geraldine Ferraro, by Mondale in 1984.

But if Sarah Palin was the first I would have thought that as progress even though I have no liking for her politically

Its a shame folks can't for a second get free from the polarity of politics. That's the point...the freeing of your thinking...opening up you mind

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

"yada, yada" "jibber jabber"

Thanks for proving my point about the types of people who support Hillary. The system is broken and even with her in office it will be more of the same.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Open my mind by judging people by their genitalia?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join