It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First female major party nomination in History: Congratulations Ladies!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
I know it’s like a milk warm tribute…Hillary Clinton?

But its progress…

For us who believe this rotten world is too much devoid of the feminine principle tonight is a step forward.

The beginning of a small crack in the male dominated egotistical macho-man world of violence and destruction.

Hopefully better woman than Hillary will follow her and make the world better

Congratulations!

I'm English and remember Margaret Thatcher... Good luck with Hellary!

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Another thing all you smart guys don’t consider

EVERYBODY IN THE WORLD DOESN’T THINK LIKE YOU

Did you know that?

Thank God for that

Everybody doesn’t Hate Hillary like us.

So there are larger realities and issues that transcend Hillary Clinton

Like your 10 year old daughter who may now think.

Well dam...maybe I could be president.

You do realize, smart boys, that there's NEVER been a female president in the history of this country

I think that distilling Hillary down to her gender isn't doing her any favors, and it's the thing I liked least during her campaign. She's a former Walmart board member, First Lady, Senator and SoS, that's much more potent than being female.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: HoldMyBeer
What's the point of having the first woman nominee or President if it's someone so wholly divisive and unprincipled? Has America sunk that low?

It's a two party system, any major candidate is going to be divisive and seen as unprincipled by their opposition.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I really hope this doesn't lead to an overly emotional effeminate menstruation driven matriarchy dominated egotistical bitchy-woman world of violence and destruction.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   

The same way Obama has made it feasible that another black man can be president.

The same way Jackie Robinson made it possible for other black men in the 50’s to play major league baseball

Obama didn't make it possible for another black man to be president. Obama proved that a black man could be president, which is something people weren't sure of (Obama being handsome, half white, and well spoken probably played into this). There is a difference between the two things. Hillary if she wins will prove that a woman could be president, but it doesn't mean she made it possible for a woman to be president, only that she was the first to successfully try.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: desert

Thank you thank you thank you, Will! Yes, women---mothers, sisters, aunts, grandmothers, daughters! At one time I couldn't vote, but now we can. At one time, we were our husband's property, now we're not. At one time, our husbands could hit us and no one said a thing, even made it a public joke, now it isn't so. At one time women were excluded from jobs as engineers, now we can. And, finally, after all those elections for which a white male was my only choice, I have a choice that doesn't involve only a male. Men should not fear women.

And, Will, if the world goes to the dogs, just look out for the dog turds and don't step in them, otherwise you end up having to clean all the crap from your feet/shoes, and you still might smell for awhile. Keep your head up, but notice where the turds are

Your mentality is frightening. You support a candidate purely based on the fact that she's a woman despite the fact that she's an evil, lying witch. Maybe there's a reason women weren't allowed to vote. You're going to vote with emotion and zero common sense...

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Congrats on nominating someone as evil as Dick Cheney the one who made the guy whom he shot in the face apologize.

No matter if the red or blue scum win this election America will lose.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
Your mentality is frightening. You support a candidate purely based on the fact that she's a woman despite the fact that she's an evil, lying witch. Maybe there's a reason women weren't allowed to vote. You're going to vote with emotion and zero common sense...

All voting/politics are emotional. Logic has nothing to do with the process. What do you think "Make America Great Again" is? It's certainly not a detailed policy listing. It's a phrase designed to invoke pride and make you vote out of that pride. What do you think names like Crazy Bernie, Cooked Hillary, Little Marco, Low Energy Jeb, Lying Ted, and others were? They're named designed to dehumanize/rebrand the opponent and delegitimize them along emotional lines. Logically it's the type of crap 4th grades do on the playground, but it worked well because people make decisions based on emotion not on logic.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Were talking about the larger point of the historical event. NOT POLITICS

Amazing you can’t understand that.

The fact of the matter is there is probably no one here who loathes Hillary as I do.

It's just that people here are automatons at this point

You just can’t see beyond your programming

Pavlov is a bitch

You're being very condescending...

How can you possibly suggest that her efficacy as president has no affect on her ability to champion women presidencies? Makes no sense.

If she turned out to be the worst president ever, would that not be worse for women than if she hadn't been elected at all????

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   

You know maybe folks have daughters and even wives who might feel a bit of pride.

The cynics will never understand…something is wrong with their hearts

Oh I understand why some women may feel that way, but I see it as ignorance. That sense of pride and achievement will always be overshadowed by the fact she's a terrible person. Is that really a message which should be sent to young women? In order to succeed they should be like Hillary Clinton? Furthermore, electing a president should not be about color or gender, that is voting based on emotional biases. It should be based on who is the most experienced, the most intelligent, the most trustworthy, the most fit to lead a nation. And by no means am I saying the answer is Trump, that's a solution equally as bad as Hillary. The fact it's now basically down to Hillary and Trump is a sign of something very wrong with society imo.

The beginning of a small crack in the male dominated egotistical macho-man world of violence and destruction.

Hillary may as well be one of the war mongering macho men as far as I'm concerned. She laughed at the death of Gaddafi, saying in an interview "We Came, We Saw, He Died". She's literally a psychopath and part of the reason why the ME is in such a bad state right now. The only "good" thing about her is that she's an evil we already know, her policies and future actions are fairly predictable because she will be propagating long existing agendas.
edit on 8/6/2016 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Many of you guys really think you’re cool, witty and tough

You’re really kind of despicable

Because you have no hearts anymore

I think your not even human anymore

Wow . . . . You already have gotten a lot of replies, but what did you expect?

You immediately start name calling people because they don't care that a presidential candidate is a woman.

It really says a lot about how narrow your view must be if you look to Hillary as a role model who brings "feminine" energy to politics. There are women in leadership roles all across the globe, and even some with actual morals.

Hillary appears to just be more of the PNAC middle east doctrine, more TPP (Obama just said her TPP email release would be moved back until after the election on a date that doesnt exist Nov 31), and why bother bringing up the problems with her charity, her donors, or past associates whom have been convicted of serious crimes.

Who cares about principles so long as the women we now can look at the TV and say, "Finally a corrupt American WOMAN gets to run the show."

I understand how it is a thing for people who rely heavily on appearances and words rather than actions, so enjoy it while it lasts.

-FBB

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: desert

Thank you thank you thank you, Will! Yes, women---mothers, sisters, aunts, grandmothers, daughters! At one time I couldn't vote, but now we can. At one time, we were our husband's property, now we're not. At one time, our husbands could hit us and no one said a thing, even made it a public joke, now it isn't so. At one time women were excluded from jobs as engineers, now we can. And, finally, after all those elections for which a white male was my only choice, I have a choice that doesn't involve only a male. Men should not fear women.

And, Will, if the world goes to the dogs, just look out for the dog turds and don't step in them, otherwise you end up having to clean all the crap from your feet/shoes, and you still might smell for awhile. Keep your head up, but notice where the turds are.

Wow . . . its like you managed to hit every single talking point at once.

voting - check
domestic violence - check
blame white men - check
hate on STEM - check

It seems like you migrated here from someplace like NPR, or Jezebel.

LOL

Congrats, you have joined the club and now one of "yours" gets to oppress the masses for at least four years.
(Trump will never make it)

-FBB

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Say what you like about those voting for Donald Trump, but those who vote for a candidate based exclusively on the gender of that candidate alone do not deserve the right to vote.

Surely character, conviction and policy platform are of far higher significance than the sex of the candidate? Surely that is the mindset of the average reasonable voter?

edit on 8/6/2016 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   

That is kind of a sexist OP, in my opinion.
It caters to all of the blind, stupid people who voted for Hillary just because she is a woman, which is exactly what she was counting on.

As a woman, I don't in any way find this to be a good thing or worthy of congratulations.
Gender should never in any way be a deciding factor in selecting the person to run our country.

If anything, Hillary is such a disastrous choice for a potential commander in chief, that it could cause prejudice among sexists, and it could be a long time before another woman is nominated, even one who is supremely qualified.

edit on 6/8/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   
What a sad day to be alive.

Known criminal got her nomination, over Bernie Sanders who's for one, well not a criminal. And some people applaud it, like it's some kind of a positive thing, just because she's a BLOODY WOMAN?

I don't know about you guys, but if this criminal becomes the next POTUS, I'm going away in my cabin deep in the woods and isolation to prepare for an upcoming apocalypse.

If she becomes the next POTUS, dark days are ahead of us all.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

That is an entirely valid point.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

Yes, I absolutely agree with you. I am just trying to highlight the potential of THIS woman to overshadow the brilliance of being the first female major party nominee by being such a disastrous President that she sets that progress back maybe another 40 years.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   

So you're celebrating the war hawk, nation building, regime changing, gun running Hillary as the person who will crack the "egotistical macho man world of violence and destruction"?

That is pure comedy. She is a heartless warmonger and opportunist who wears $15,000 jackets while preaching about income inequality.

She is a joke.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
So in keeping with the narrative that women make $.75 on the dollar, does this mean she will only be paid $300k per year as president versus the full $400k?

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Give me a good candidate and I will vote for it. Until then, who cares what the package is?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join