It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ultra High Definition (4K) Crew Earth Observations

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Your may perceive my posts as nonsense, but this has nothing to do with your unrelated and illogical responses to what was said, wether it was nonsense or not.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: CollidinParticules

If you had any sense you wouldn't even try to prolong this particular discussion which exists due to you not understanding the context of posts, and your inability to make a logical continuation.

Wow, so I don't understand the context of posts...

In case you missed this the thread is about seeing the Earth from space in 4K, you were the one who started this trip down silly lane with this comment...

Yes, only a handful of people can potentially verify this.

Now remember you aren't saying it's fake...but you are alluding to it from the comment above.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Tell me why, in every space video, why is there complete darkness in the background? Where are the stars, Where are the colorful gases? There is....nothing...

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BLee8127

The earth is so bright the camera will not pick up the stars!

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: CollidinParticules

Your may perceive my posts as nonsense, but this has nothing to do with your unrelated and illogical responses to what was said, wether it was nonsense or not.

I reply in the way the question is asked, if it's nonsense that is the reply your going to get.

And asking questions is far from being illogical responses, but feel free to believe what you want as it is your right.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

You forgot to warn me!, that my computer would crash playing this at 4K ..

I also imagine we won't see to many flat Earth believers visiting this thread.

Well, they could say the wide angle fisheye lens curved the Earth?

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BLee8127

Where are the stars, Where are the colorful gases?

In the same place they have always been.

Right here...

Where they always are.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: CollidinParticules
a reply to: Box of Rain

You read all 6 pages, including the final explanation which I accepted and you still don't get what the perceived problem was?

It was never clear to me what all of your issues were. Did it have something to do with the solar panel? Did it have something to do with the idea of whether or not the ISS changes altitude? Did it have something to do with the camera zooming in?

I did see you accept something a a possible explanation to at least part of you issue, but did it answer all of your questions? I can't tell, because I don't know what those questions were. You outright questioned the authenticity of the videos, but did that one answer convince you of their authenticity, or do you have more questions?

I mean, when you said way back on page 1 why it was important whether or not they camera zoomed, then right then and there you could have told us why it's important.

edit on 5/30/2016 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Box of Rain

Well said!

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

You forgot to warn me!, that my computer would crash playing this at 4K ..

I didn't even know that would happen...NASA owes you an apology.

Well, they could say the wide angle fisheye lens curved the Earth?

Except the solar panel in the first video is too straight for it to be a fisheye lense, but I imagine that wouldn't matter to them .

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Except the solar panel in the first video is too straight for it to be a fisheye lense, but I imagine that wouldn't matter to them .

Ah. But you forgot that NASA is a crafty bunch. They built that solar panel with a specific curve in it so that when viewed with the fish-eye lens, it looks straight.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I wonder if this rethoric is the same in the inner science circle.

If every single nasa media that is put out to the public , they will be put under a microscope and queried, does that happen in the scientific community as well.

E.g. Chinese space agency knows when nasa is fluffing stuff up andd they query them...

Probably not because they can just look at for themselves.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: BLee8127
Tell me why, in every space video, why is there complete darkness in the background? Where are the stars, Where are the colorful gases? There is....nothing...

"earthshine"

The glow of earth is too bright to see them. Like an optical illusion where red looks brown or blue looks green depending on the background.

As for the colorful gases, you need a telescope, they are all very very small from where are, and most can't be seen except with infrared.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Box of Rain

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Ah. But you forgot that NASA is a crafty bunch. They built that solar panel with a specific curve in it so that when viewed with the fish-eye lens, it looks straight.

Now that is forward thinking conspiracy theory at its finest folks!!!

Well played sir!

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace
What's the bloody point? When you buy a can of soup, do you really doubt that it's soup that's inside?

How do I KNOW that the soup wasn't always in the can? Perhaps it's an OOP, removed from a long buried Store Of The Ancients, and just relabeled? Perhaps the elves that make cookies made it. I can't KNOW it was Campbell's. I didn't see it. Did YOU?

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: CollidinParticules
Well it would matter since this is not possible if they are in a orbit.

Not at all. ALL orbits are elliptical to some extent, even supposedly circularized ones. Some are radically elliptical. This is why we have apogee and perigee numbers for orbits.

That being the case, any orbiting body will constantly move closer to and farther from the barycenter of the orbit.

You've also forgotten that the video editor may have changed the cropping in post, 'simulating' a zoom.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Sargeras

Poor fella, having his entire world view shattered in glorious 1080 p HD.

What are you talking about. I've got them up in 4K on a 50" LED screen feet away.

WOW these are beautiful! Thank you OP for these vids.

As to the confused person who can't even make a cogent argument as to what they find problematic...[shakes his head and walks away...pass that popcorn, will ya?]

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   

NASA owes you an apology.

Not only me!

Great video tho.

I really love to see what they discover and still do out there..

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Earths beauty is something that'll always enthrall me

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   
No one is saying the Earth is flat, at least not in this thread.
Also, calling someone a "Flat Earther" is quite an insult as the Earth is very clearly and obviously round.
We have multiple threads on ATS where I've shown ways of proving the globe shape over and over.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join