It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ultra High Definition (4K) Crew Earth Observations

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: CollidinParticules
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

In your opinion, are they zooming in, or is the ISS moving closer to the Earth? In the 2nd vid.

Ok here's an opinion.
In the second video as the terminator line approaches and the ISS starts to travel on the dark side. The camera is panned to the right in effort to keep the observable sun lit portion in the field of view. At 0:56 you can clearly see one of the solar panel arrays come into view(pan) from the upper right corner. And continues to pan right till the end of the video. It may have been slowly panning the whole shot, it's just not so obvious until after they reached the terminator.
And zooming in.. no it doesn't look like it to me.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo
a reply to: CollidinParticules

I did. I followed up with more searching too.

However if you want to gather the information to make a point, do it yourself.

So do you have the info I was looking for. I wasn't asking you for anything. You responded to me acting like the info I needed was at the YT link. It is not, so your comment was BS.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I kept it succinct.
I am not interested in totally derailing this thread. Perhaps some other day, in some other thread.
peace

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

You posted, you act like you know what you are talking about.

Where?

Since I can't find the info I am asking your opinion.

You have the same information I do what makes you think I know more than anyone else with the same info?

Well it would matter since this is not possible if they are in a orbit.

Guess you need to do some better research as the ISS did move closer to Earth by 1.6 miles in January of 2015.

ISS moves closer to home: Space station lowers its orbit to make the commute from Earth to space shorter

www.dailymail.co.uk...

And the fact that the videos were uploaded in 2016 shows it can and it did. Does that help you out?
edit on 30-5-2016 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Guess you need to do some better research as the ISS did move closer to Earth by 1.6 miles in January of 2015.

Yes off course it is possible to get into a lower orbit. It is not something that is done on a whim while they were filming this video. Jeez.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
You believe this crap? to me it says the more tax NASA takes in the more they can waste it on computer graphics
edit on 30-5-2016 by nothingiscoincidence because: wrong auto correct

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: nothingiscoincidence

Yea, cause half a cent per dollar so sooo much.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: jappee

At 0:56 you can clearly see one of the solar panel arrays come into view(pan) from the upper right corner. And continues to pan right till the end of the video. It may have been slowly panning the whole shot, it's just not so obvious until after they reached the terminator. And zooming in.. no it doesn't look like it to me.

Yes, So this is shot from the cupola, not zoomed in, camera pans to the right, solar panel enters the shot.

Shouldn't we be seeing a a windowframe?
edit on 30-5-2016 by CollidinParticules because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Yes off course it is possible to get into a lower orbit. It is not something that is done on a whim while they were filming this video. Jeez.

Never said it was done for the video...you just asked if they were moving closer and yes they did.

Now how about explaining your problem with the video because this little dance is getting old fast.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: nothingiscoincidence

You believe this crap?

Please provide proof this is what you think it is?

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: nothingiscoincidence
You believe this crap? to me it says the more tax NASA takes in the more they can waste it on computer graphics

So how is it that spaceflight and having a space station in Earth's orbit is impossible? I'd love to hear your reasons.

Or is it just an inflamed conspiracy-ridden mind talking?

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Never said it was done for the video...you just asked if they were moving closer and yes they did.

Sigh, and I never said that you said it was done for this video. I was asking if they are zooming in,in this vid. The other option would be that the ISS was getting closer to Earth, in this vid, which is not possible, or only if this vid was shot during that change in orbit, which it wasn't.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

Right, I just saw the ISS the other night.
He can see if it will be in his area! spotthestation.nasa.gov...

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Shouldn't we be seeing a a windowframe?

WHy would you think that?

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Sigh, and I never said that you said it was done for this video. I was asking if they are zooming in,in this vid. The other option would be that the ISS was getting closer to Earth, in this vid, which is not possible, or only if this vid was shot during that change in orbit, which it wasn't.

WHy are you trying to make this into something it isn't?

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

They are not zooming in.

You can check this very easily by just overlaying some frames and seeing if the horizon's curvature and position is the same.
edit on 30/5/2016 by OneBigMonkeyToo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

You are the one that has trouble sticking to the logical course of a discussion. You say one thing, I counter with a relevant comment, you respond with something that doesn't fit the context.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Wonderful and amazing footage and isn't Gravity amazing..

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Why would I think that? Besides the setup of the ISS, the thickness of the window, the proposed non zoom and a grasp on perspectives?

Are you saying that there is unlimited pan from this window without ever getting the windowframe into the shot?

Not saying this shot is not possible but I am right when I say that you can't pan very much when not zoomed in, without catching a windowframe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join