It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ultra High Definition (4K) Crew Earth Observations

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I find it quite ridiculous to suggest that just because you posted it you can police what ideas pop into other members heads and chastise them if they are ideas that could potentially lead to a subject you don't agree with. That said the guy may buy the flat earth theory he may not, I can think of a million reasons to ask what was asked if you don't know say sorry I don't know and let someone who does answer. You don't get to say sorry I made this thread for beauty's sake so you're outta line. Lastly ats should be a safe place to discuss flat earth if we do have any flat earthers here. My god when even ats starts bullying conspiracy theorists who don't subscribe to the majority's theories, ats has become a worthless pile and nothing of its former open and welcoming glory. I for one find flat earth intriguing finally having given the argument a listen to. I dunno what it would take to convince me but ill sure as heck come ask any questions I may have if I revisit it here. You have tens of thousands of people coming to see this video, guarantee you'll even have hexagonal prism earthers and people who believe were characters in a novel come to life. The only thing ats offers (used to at least) was a safe place to hash out these beliefs and get not judgment but real debate and criticism. Im astounded watching this conversation actually and hope im not in the minority or definitely ats equals hijacked.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

What are you talking about?

We went 6 pages and never once was the problem addressed even after numerous people asked, so sorry that trying to get an answer bothers you, but I don't read minds and just asking my opinion repeatedly isn't explaining the problem he had.

This thread was posted for fun in the space exploration forum...I could have went a different way with it but chose not to, so instead of crying about another member how about you enjoy the beauty of what the videos bring.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat
The OP posted this for the beautiful planet we live on. The video is amazing.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
That is a question I can easily answer for you, since I'm a photographer.
Cameras (Unlike our eyes) can only expose for either bright or dark objects.
Here's a quick experiment you can do. On a clear night (One that shows many stars across the night sky), go outside with a flash light and any camera including the one in your cell.
Raise the flashlight up in the sky (with the stars behind it) and the beam of light pointed towards you. Use the camera to take a picture of the flashlight light source. If the camera exposed for bright beam coming towards it, the picture will not contain any stars.

a reply to: BLee8127

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Beowolfs

I am happy you posted this. Thank you

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Well here you go even more beauty...

Another beautiful view of our little blue marble.

Don't want to forget this...it's live.
edit on 31-5-2016 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Where is the Antarctica Ice wall. If the earth is not curved, the ice wall should be in every edge shot? I think a disk has three sides. So the earth is still multi surfaced with a curved edge. Everyone is right

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
If the earth was flat, wouldn't you be able to get all TV and radio broadcasts transmitted in the world by line of sight?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

NASA is up to it's old tricks again, they really pulled out the stops on this one. The Jesuits really want to make sure we don't figure out that the earth is flat so they can usher in the anti-christ while forcing us all to be homosexual. Ted Cruz would blow the lid off of the sphere model community so fast you couldn't say "thank you yeshua" quick enough. This is all a masonic conspiracy to take people away from the word of God.

The space station is a holographic image and the moon is projected as a backdrop on the dome that covers the flat earth.

/satire

Seriously though, we live in an incredible place. We are not even a wink in history, and people take what we are for granted. We waste our time and energy on things that do not matter when we are blessed to be alive to enjoy the miracle of life.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   
It's amazing how desolate the planet looks from that far above. The whole time I was looking to see if I could spot any manmade structures or city grids. Alas, I saw none.

I think that the great wall of China is the only man made structure that can be seen from space?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Do these "flat earther" people think only the earth is flat, or all celestial bodies? I have directly observed - via telescope - Saturn, Jupiter, Mars, Venus and the Moon and there's no question that they're round.

So just earth is flat then? Is this a joke?

And yes the ISS is visible with the naked eye as well.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

It is a matter of exposures. Please go out on a bright, starry night and take a photo of the stars with a basic camera, then look at it. You won't see much. Take a flashlight and shine it very close to where you're taking your photo, then look at that.

A friend of mine is a night photographer and has various tutorials on the matter. Don't take his word for it, find a decent camera and test this yourself:

www.nightphotographyworkshop.com...

It is odd that someone would argue about this "missing star" issue when the reasons are so simple and more importantly, so easily tested and determined.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: RoyBatty

Do these "flat earther" people think only the earth is flat, or all celestial bodies?

Pretty sure it is just the Earth, as they think it is the only thing flat in the solar system.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Why can we see objects over distances larger then 30 miles when they should be completely obscured by the Earth's curvature?

Why does the horizon always rise to eye level?

Let's say you are looking out over sea, you are standing at the highest point of the curve looking straight ahead. The horizon should drop below eye level if you are standing on a sphere but it doesn't, it rises up to eye level.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: RoyBatty

Pretty sure it is just the Earth, as they think it is the only thing flat in the solar system.

Well, that defies further logic!

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Mapmakers use curvature to plot out land point at varying altitudes.
The diameter of the Earth is about 8000 miles, and a person can
perceive perhaps 20 miles on a clear day, too small a distance to
detect the curvature.

(Sorry but the original 4k video is no longer supported with youtube
new player but maybe it can be downloaded in 4k using 5k player.)

Jupiter

4k looks better even on a 1080 p monitor. That is because
HD averages two pixels around a point to give four pixels however the
4k standard down-converted to HD will result in three pixels around a
point giving 4 pixels. This means there is an extra bit of detail in each
four pixel group that is shown on a tv or monitor.

a reply to: SemperFried

edit on 1-6-2016 by Drawsoho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Drawsoho

Mapmakers use curvature to plot out land point at varying altitudes. The diameter of the Earth is about 8000 miles, and a person can perceive perhaps 20 miles on a clear day, too small a distance to detect the curvature.

With the aid of telescopes or camera zoom we can look way further, you can even see the Toronto skyline across lake Ontario which is more than 30 miles away and should be obscured by 100's of feet of curvature, yet you can still see all of it.

There are way more examples like this all over the world.
edit on 1-6-2016 by SemperFried because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: Quantum12

I just think it's beautiful and thank you for this thread!

Your welcome...

To some everything is a conspiracy...especially when NASA is concerned.

To others nothing is a conspiracy...especially when NASA is concerned.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace

originally posted by: nothingiscoincidence
You believe this crap? to me it says the more tax NASA takes in the more they can waste it on computer graphics

So how is it that spaceflight and having a space station in Earth's orbit is impossible? I'd love to hear your reasons.

Or is it just an inflamed conspiracy-ridden mind talking?

You should be questioning NASA and the rest of all the agencies why at least the public side of spaceflight has been TERMINATED for over 40 years.....

Earth Orbit, is flat out boring, and these videos prove as much.

How is it that you can get so excited for stuff that should have taken place at least 40 years ago ??

Why do you so easily believe all the excuses as for why no one will even travel a human to the moon, AT LEAST IN THE PUBLIC EYE.

YAWN!!

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

The earth is so bright the camera will not pick up the stars!

Certainly this type of answer must bore you to death by now, why must the camera be fooled by the brightness of the earth and not be able to see the stars,, this is supposed to be UltraHD, are you telling us they STILL can't produce a decent enough camera with all their Trillions spent that would rectify this situation ??

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join