It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Called After Transphobic Preacher Trolls Teens Outside High School

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Police Called After Transphobic Preacher Trolls Teens Outside High School

So recently in the world of the crazy. The crazy lady who went to Target to protest the bathroom laws decided it would be a good idea to yell at high school kids.

The woman, identified by Raw Story as Angela Cummings, touched down on the campus of Scotia-Glenville High School in Scotia, New York, on Monday and berated students and staff members about sex and drug use, among other things. She also captured the moment for posterity on video, which can be viewed above.

“The Bible says the fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge. Many of you don’t have knowledge,” she yelled in the video. “You watch too much MTV, gangster music, and you live for the devil. Some of you even smoke pot! It’s time to repent!”

Oh no! Some smoke pot! What is the world coming to? Of course she had to circle back around to what she does best. Ranting and raving about proper bathroom usage.

It wasn’t long, however, before Cummings’s diatribe circled back to transgender bathroom use. “Next year, Obama is going to let you men, you young men, use the girls’ bathroom,” she told passersby. “It’s time for you to start homeschooling!”

As seen in the video, Assistant Principal Thomas Fyvie tried his best to hush Cummings to no avail, according to the Albany Times-Union. Eventually, local police officers intervened and warned Cummings that she would be arrested for disorderly conduct. She then left the premises without incident.

Don't worry, she captured this lovely bit of crazy for all the world to see and posted it on Youtube.

I'm sorry, but when you start looking like that crazy guy standing on the corner yelling how the world is coming to an end soon, you may want to dial it back some. But hey, you gotta love it when the idiots put their own foots in their mouth and post their idiocy on the internet proudly.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   

“You watch too much MTV, gangster music, and you live for the devil. Some of you even smoke pot! It’s time to repent!”

Is she stuck in the late 80's, early 90's?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I think she's just trying to hit the Crazy, Christian lady bingo card. Something for all decades. MTV for the 80's, gangsta rap for the 90's, gays for the 00's and transphobia for the 10's, and I guess pot for the next decade(?).
edit on 27-5-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Ahh thank you for the daily bit of crazy!

Don't know what to say about the wacko's like this other than they should read their own book before preaching it.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I never knew free speech was "disorderly conduct" in the United States.

I like the way she says "you live for the devil, some of you even smoke pot" as if the latter is worse somehow.

That's how you know it's all gibberish amateurism.

No self respecting preacher would list pot above devil worship.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Well I think it's a disturbing the peace thing. She's yelling at kids as they are trying to go to and from school. School is supposed to be a learning environment, and you can easily see how what she is doing isn't conducive to a proper learning environment.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

What if it were Pure Kush we were talking about?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Well I think it's a disturbing the peace thing. She's yelling at kids as they are trying to go to and from school. School is supposed to be a learning environment, and you can easily see how what she is doing isn't conducive to a proper learning environment.

True I was just surprised is all, I wasn't necessarily for or against the arrest threat.

I could also see it as an offence to record children.
Surprised that wasn't thrown at her as well.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

What if it were Pure Kush we were talking about?

Ahhh the devil's own strand, you've brought us a conundrum.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Yea. At the least it's a good idea to get her to move on. Sometimes all it takes is a bluff to clear up the controversy.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
the last crazy video she posted she had her kids with her. i felt so sorry for those kids, poor things, can you imagine having a mother like that?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

I try, but then again I don't like horror stories...

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Wow! Those students are well-behaved!

If she landed outside a UK college or high school, she'd be hit with fruit and a chorus of f-bombs. I didn't see one person even flipping her the middle finger.

I hope the Principal gives them all some praise for ignoring her

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Its strange because I grew up Roman Catholic, went to church every week, went to an RC Secondary school and was even an Alter Boy for some time...

& never in my life have I come across this type of Christian.

It seems isolated to the States, where as the corner preachers in London (that I've witnessed) usually just rant and rave about the Book of Revelation and how the End is Nigh...

The End was Nigh for so long I couldn't follow the faith any longer.
There were other discrepancies that I couldn't quite follow too.

Not many doom & gloom within my own social circle or my former Priests though.

Just love and kindness.

Maybe we have these Evangelicals on the outskirts of London & in the countryside.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
well, how come nobody ever gets the westboro baptist church to "move on"
maybe she was a softer target i guess, really got to pick your fights in the age
of social justice awareness.
i mean , sure it's ok to stand outside a church with placards condemning your country
and it's servicemen to hell along with gay people, whats that called? freedom of speech.
one person does it on their own,oh no we have a live one, better swing back round
'for a seven zero niner cruise in and get her to....."move along"

edit on 27-5-2016 by PLAYERONE01 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: PLAYERONE01

Well the WBC people are a bit more tenacious than she is. People do and HAVE tried to get those wackos to move on. There was that biker gang that used to drive from funeral to funeral to stand between their picketing and the funeral so the grievers didn't have to look at them. Not sure if they are still active or not.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

like i said, softer target.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: PLAYERONE01
well, how come nobody ever gets the westboro baptist church to "move on"
maybe she was a softer target i guess, really got to pick your fights in the age
of social justice awareness.
i mean , sure it's ok to stand outside a church with placards condemning your country
and it's servicemen to hell along with gay people, whats that called? freedom of speech.
one person does it on their own,oh no we have a live one, better swing back round
'for a seven zero niner cruise in and get her to....."move along"

I'm sure WBC leniency has to do with protest planning permission.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
i think it has more to do with balls, and who has them.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: PLAYERONE01
How do you like this?
Westboro Baptist picketers met by overwhelming opposition

CASEY -- Members of Westboro Baptist Church, a congregation of people notorious for their anti-gay and anti-veteran rhetoric, took a pit stop on their way back home Sunday in the city to protest, only to be met by an overwhelming majority of counter-protestors.

A collection of approximately 20 people from the local area and even some from as far as Southern Illinois University in Carbondale followed the small group of protestors from the state of Kansas to the various local sites they planned to protest.

They picketed for about 30 minutes at St. Charles Borromeo Catholic Church, Casey First Baptist Church and Casey United Methodist Church, holding signs saying anti-gay phrases like “F*** Doom Nation.”

They cut their trip short at their last site, Casey United Methodist, reportedly from feeling unsafe or threatened by the counter-protesting group, said Mark Jenkins, Casey chief of police.

“I think it goes to show that they're a group thrives on attention and once attention is taken off them, they don't see a reason to stick around,” said David Bell, a counter-protester. “They couldn't do anything besides walk around and hope maybe the cameras caught them in between the groups of people standing against them.”

That was May 1st.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join