It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Called After Transphobic Preacher Trolls Teens Outside High School

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I laughed pretty hard when she brayed out "YOU... NEED... ANGER... MANAGEMENT...!"

Those were nice kids. I wouldn't have been so nice back in the day.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
yeah it's awesome krazy, but it still was the power of the people it took to finaly shut them down
the leo's wouldnt touch it.
only when it's managable will they go near it

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I'm NW England and it's a heartland of evangelical churches - they're all over the place in North Western towns. We've still got the remnant churches from the 17th Century grassroots religious upheavals. They're tucked away and built along such Methodist lines that nobody ever notices them.

I mention all that to concur that I've also never seen preachers like the American model. We'll get a few hell-fire barkers in the middle of Liverpool on a Saturday afternoon and they're pretty rare now. Bottom of Bold Street usually finds a pair of silent evangelicals carrying leaflets and looking like urban ghosts. I always feel sorry for them and want to donate a couple of quid so they feel less ignored, but also scared to death that they'd start spieling.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky
i think it would be pretty cool to see some old druid followers roaming around during solstice

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I hate this double standard... contextually....

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

It makes me sad to watch that poor kitten working out and never getting yoked.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: PLAYERONE01

Oh I see what you are getting at. Your complaints are about police escalation. Keep in mind that the Supreme Court has ruled in favor of the WBC's shenanigans. They kind of have the law in their favor... So really the police's hands are tied in regards to them. Thus it falls to the public to do something about it.

I really don't have a problem with it like that either. WBC isn't technically hurting anyone, so involving the government would needlessly complicate matters (they are already FAR too sensitive already, government would only antagonize them). Plus the public has tired of their shenanigans. They don't make national attention nearly as much as they used to, and clearly local groups are ready to mobilize to deal with.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Text

Text
i went to a big university (in the south) and would see this kinda thing on campus all the time. so much so that it became pretty easy to ignore.
edit on 27-5-2016 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Police Called After Transphobic Preacher Trolls Teens Outside High School

So recently in the world of the crazy. The crazy lady who went to Target to protest the bathroom laws decided it would be a good idea to yell at high school kids.

It's interesting how you get so uppity about ONE PERSON, but deflect and excuse when it comes to the thousands of Bernie supporters who regularly get violent at their anti-Trump protests. It used to be if you didn't like a candidate, you didn't vote for him. Now thanks to the left, getting violent has become an option!

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Man... I knew it was too good to last. Why do you have to ruin a good thing with your petty partisan politics? We were all having a good laugh at this idiot's expense, and then you have to come in with your partisan negativity...

Grow up. Not EVERY thread on ATS needs to be about politics or the election. If that is what you are here to talk about, I ask that you please exit the thread.
edit on 27-5-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
What is wrong with you liberals, she was just exercising her right to protest.

You can't have it both ways, wanting to trespass at Trump paid events to say whatever you want then turn around and deny someone their ability to show up where they don't like what is going on to protest.

Pot calling kettle, good stuff.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I tired to watch this video- but as soon as my dog heard her screaming she went off barking! HAHA

I paused and called her down, but as soon as I started it back, up Emma (dog) went off again. I had to stop the clip, don't want to wake the kids. But now my pup is going around the house, growling and huffing, trying to find the source!

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
We have a street preacher in our little town, that preaches hellfire and brimstone several times a year. He's an older man, and can get a bit loud at times, but he's a lot more respectful than this whack job. He never addresses the current social or political climate. He sticks to preaching the "gospel", and goes home when he's done.

He's a whack job too, as far as I'm concerned, just like I was when I was preaching Jesus to folks on the street, but he's within his rights, and he isn't technically hurting anyone(except those gullible enough to believe him), so the city leaves him alone.

If he were like this woman, I'd be at the courthouse filing a complaint.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

So you think that her actions were in good taste then?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: PLAYERONE01
a reply to: Kandinsky
i think it would be pretty cool to see some old druid followers roaming around during solstice

Closest thing to that are the Morris Dancers in Chester during pagan calendar days of interest. Ironically, one of the most intolerant religious people I've met is a pagan guy. He was thrown out of the local bar for going crazy at two Catholics wearing their crosses. In terms of contrived, faked offence, he really nailed it that day lol

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
No self respecting preacher would list pot above devil worship.

What if it were Pure Kush we were talking about?
God doesn't make mistakes!

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The saddest part about this is that she likely thinks that by screaming biblical quotes and preaching damnation she is somehow winning the hearts and minds of those she is targeting!!

I admire her conviction but she is deluded if she thinks that the method she uses to deliver her massage will have any outcome that she would consider favourable.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So you think that her actions were in good taste then?

I think it is ironic you are not calling yourselves a bunch of Nazis for not wanting to let her rant and rave to her hearts content. Then the expression that she should be removed calls forth your endearment of law enforcement.

This issue is pure entertainment on this end.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

There is no "right to protest." That "right" is contrived from freedom of speech and freedom of assembly.

Both of which have limitations on them.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

So you think that letting some lady rant and rave to a bunch of kids trying to go about their business and a receive and education is ok? (I notice you still haven't clearly answered that question)

Have you ever heard of the crime called "disturbing the peace"? It's a very real thing and no it doesn't violate your 1st amendment rights to be charged with it.
edit on 27-5-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join