It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maniac Attacks Dad With Daughter in Men’s Room at Walmart

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
People like the attacker in the OP are why I Open Carry. If I can't Open Carry (I try to respect the rules of whatever establishment i'm in. If they don't allow Firearms inside, I put my trigger-lock on my gun, and leave it in my locked car; though not in open view) then I bring a blade with me. If this was me...sorry, but not sorry...the attacker wouldn't have walked away; once way or another. He'd need to be carried out. I don't care if you assault me, but if my children are nearby (and i'm a Father of 4 AMAZING kiddos) then I take no chances.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: jjsr420

Nothing to be sorry about.

I'm exactly the same way.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Open carry can be good,but I personally don't like to broadcast that I'm armed when I go anywhere,especially now a days when a trigger hap cop might see you and decide you are a threat to them or people will freak out because you have a gun on your hip. I might open carry 25-30 years ago but I would never in todays anti-gun climate,I'd rather have people pass me by all day without having the slightest clue I'm armed,I learned as an LEO(did some undercover work for a while) that the element of surprise can give you the time you need to react quick and accurately, if the combatant knows you are armed they can predict how you will react,I prefer to be unpredictable to anyone I might have to fire on even if the chances of needing to are low..

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: Willtell

First off, this is a one-sided narrative on "The Daily Beast," so there are two levels of bias, here.

Next, this is just a simple assault that has been deemed motivated by Obama's bathroom policies by the one attacked--because, you know, it's the only thing that makes sense to him.

So...well...hmmm...

Regardless, the assaulter is a douche, either way. The guy attacked seems to have done the right thing by his children. "The Daily Beast" has done a journalistic disservice by printing a one-sided story with unnecessary speculation as to the fella's motive.

It’s a liberal blog…there going to be biased, that’s understood

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: VashTheStampede

Honestly, i've been open carrying for a few years now, and haven't had a single issue. I want people to know i'm armed, because to me, and in my opinion, it's a form of deterrent. Kinda like mosquito spray. Now, that's just my own personal opinion. I (thankfully) had the benefit of recieving military grade combat training. My Great Uncle was a Recon Sniper in Nam, or some such. He wouldn't really talk about it much, but he trained me, and my other cousins ALOT. Also, I don't have a Concealed Carry permit. =( I keep a blade on me though. I only want to use the gun if I have no other option cause it's much easier to cause non-lethal wounds (for me atleast) with a blade. I can cut a person to ribbons without hitting anything vital.

I hate violence though. I've only had to unholster my weapon twice in the entire time of carrying it. I've only used it once, and it wasn't on a Human. Someone's very aggressive Doberman got out of it's fence, and was charging my Oldest son's best friend. Didn't really have much choice. I also pulled it on a guy beating a female. Didn't have to shoot. He complied when I said to get down. Hopefully I am never put into the position of using it on a Human; that would break my heart honestly.

You do have a point though sir, that element of surprise can most certainly turn the preverbial tide in any situation.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

My friend, please don’t admit stuff like that on a public forum

We get your point

Were in a police state...you don't know who is watching

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
My friend, please don’t admit stuff like that on a public forum
We get your point
Were in a police state...you don't know who is watching

Someone is almost guaranteed to be watching weather you are online or not,there are cameras everywhere,and those are just the ones you can see there are many that are so well hidden you won't find them if you are looking for them unless you know exactly where they are,there is more to surveillance than the internet and cameras though. With today's technology you could be listened to from the cell phone you have charging on the other room or in your pocket and that is just the stuff on the lower end scale of the spying technology being used all around us,if you pay attention have good eyes(20/20 or better) and look up in the city sky you might find yourself looking at a drone,I wouldn't be surprised though if they eventually replace those with real-time satellite surveillance.
edit on 26-5-2016 by VashTheStampede because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

If you are the father with the female child, you have a few choices. But his choice is common. There are stalls in men's rooms in Wal Mart.

Yes, some people in the country are going crazy.

link   
a reply to: VashTheStampede

You're absolutely right!

I am WELL aware of this that's why I don't want anyone here to not understand that

link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
How appropriate, all these stories happening at just the right time to reinforce and guide the masses in such a heated debate.

What bothers me the most about all this, is how easily people let themselves be played or influenced by people with agendas(on both sides).

No, they are just being given more media attention.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
This is just disgusting, and the assaulter was an asshole who needs to be jailed. The 5 year old kid just needed to do some business, and this has nothing to do with all the recent crap.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Was this man wrong for letting his daughter, I think 5 years old into the men’s bathroom?

No child should be required to be separated from its caregiver at any time.

That is my stance.

I also support dad's taking their daughters into the ladies room.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjsr420
People like the attacker in the OP are why I Open Carry. If I can't Open Carry (I try to respect the rules of whatever establishment i'm in. If they don't allow Firearms inside, I put my trigger-lock on my gun, and leave it in my locked car; though not in open view) then I bring a blade with me. If this was me...sorry, but not sorry...the attacker wouldn't have walked away; once way or another. He'd need to be carried out. I don't care if you assault me, but if my children are nearby (and i'm a Father of 4 AMAZING kiddos) then I take no chances.

I agree.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Was this man wrong for letting his daughter, I think 5 years old into the men’s bathroom?

No child should be required to be separated from its caregiver at any time.

That is my stance.

I also support dad's taking their daughters into the ladies room.

I agree also.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

Would it have been better for dad to take his daughter in the women's room?

I support either.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

Would it have been better for dad to take his daughter in the women's room?

I support either.

Absolutely, if a Dad feels a women;s room would be safer, he has only to open the door and call out 'Dad taking daughter to the bathroom'. And then go in. I can't imagine any woman complaining. I certainly wouldn't. In fact, some women might try for his phone number , LOL
edit on 26-5-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

"not only did dad take her shopping, he tried for the safest place he thought to take her to the bathroom", that would only get empathy.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

I am a member of two different gyms, both of which have signs on the bathrooms that say "If your daughter is over 5 years of age, please have them use the ladies room," and vice versa for boys over 5 and the ladies room.

So, you're supposed to send a 6 year old girl into a room by herself, that you have no access to - - and can not monitor what she does?

Hell No!
edit on 26-5-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

I am a member of two different gyms, both of which have signs on the bathrooms that say "If your daughter is over 5 years of age, please have them use the ladies room," and vice versa for boys over 5 and the ladies room.

So, you're supposed to send a 6 year old girl into a room by herself, that you have no access to - - and can not monitor what she does?

Hell No!

I don;t like that at that age. I actually think I waited until my daughter was about 10 and still waited outside or went in to fix my hair or whatever.

If I had a son, I would have called out to see if anyone was in the men;s room, and said 'mom taking son to the bathrom'.

People are generally wanting to be courteous.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I'm gonna agree with that.

I'd say there are incidences of some kind all the time, that have gone unreported by the media.

But, now . . .

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I'm gonna agree with that.

I'd say there are incidences of some kind all the time, that have gone unreported by the media.

But, now . . .

Absolutely, being picked apart with a fine toothed comb aand even on nothing blogs and FB.

yes, have seen FB videos on here as a source, backed up by nothing else. I was horrified.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join