It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen King Joins Hundreds of Authors in Open Letter Blasting Trump

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

What??? Stephen King??? Oh no...

Is his opinion any more important or more valid than any one of the millions of Americans who support Trump??? Big Deal...

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Great letter.

It portrays accurately Trump’s nature

I’m proud of the signers and the authors.

Trump is an embarrassment and a disgrace.

Only to a deranged few of you...

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   

I guest I missed their letter to Obama to stop funding and running Isis.......

Wait, that's right, they didn't write one.

Real heroes. Don't think I could possibly care any less.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   
It's a class war.

writers and other credential-holders are part of the capitalist/ownership class, because they own intellectual property.

Trump is the first candidate to raise a voice for the white underclass in 3 generations.

Of course they hate him, but only because they hate his supporters more.
edit on 27/5/2016 by redempsh because: speaking up for the proles

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

originally posted by: seeker1963

Awesome! One more jagoff I will refuse to spend money on their product!

I love celebrities who think I give a damn about their opinions!

I never understood why celebrities think their opinion means anything about anything.

I never understand why posters on internet forums think that about their opinions either, strange that isn't it?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
a reply to: Gryphon66
I did not state that very well. Trump's treatment of women is poor. He cheated on his first two wives, as is well documented but it also appears that professionally he does not treat women as equally as men employees. He calls the women employees "the girls" and with the exception of his daughter, he doesn't seem to promote or pay equally.

Thanks for the clarification.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

If people want to live in the stone age then let them do what they please. Is all I have read from Trump supporters here is name calling, labeling, whining about "the left", and constantly bringing up the color of their skin (white) as if whites aren't the most well off group in America.

When did writers become celebrities? Literature is a gift to the world and our authors should be cherished. All of this is incredibly telling about the level of intellect from Trump supporters. Maybe they can't read, I don't know. The one thing I do know is that Trump supporters fall into the left/right trap just as much as anyone else out there. Played by the system. Owned by the investor class.

I can only ask, if the middle class is disappearing, the investor class has become the rulers of the world, and the poor are left to do their bidding, then how in the hell is another billionaire investor suppose to understand the plight of the poor? Why would he participate in the creation of a society that rebalances the flow of money when that flow would be away from the pocket of people like him? He's literally said nothing of this. Just uses the fear mongering of how Muslims and illegal immigrants are the ones to blame. No! Illegal immigrants aren't removing billions of dollars from the people. It's his kind, the investor class that hordes the money. It's so sad that people are blind to this. All of this applies to Hillary too. These people make money off their money and then some. Then they hide it offshore and never contribute to our society. Fck all of these people. One day the poor will take everything back by force and we do not want it to get to that point. That's what we should really be fighting for...saving our children's futures and ensuring they'll have decent lives, but no one seems to care about that. Its like you're all owned and you like it. This is slavery plain and simple.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Winstonian

Because it wouldn't piss of the skinny jean nancy boys if I voted for Hillary now would it?

Or, maybe I identify with him. Maybe I am sick of people calling others racist when they are clearly not, just because they are white. Maybe I am sick of the leftist idea that because I am white I owe something to someone else. Every time someone calls Trump a racist, it just reminds me of another "white people are racist" article,video,comment,protest, whatever.

I am sick of it, and so is everyone else.[/quotey]

you're gonna vote trump to piss off the skinny jean boys? gotcha

what a weird reason to vote for someone, sounds like you're jealous. or, did someone in skinny jeans hurt your feelings once?
edit on 27-5-2016 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Awesome, I was just going to go and buy one of Stephen King's books, I won't say which one, to take on summer vacation with me, but not now or ever again.

These morons just do not get it, just like with some of the Hollywood idiots, they only hurt their own brand by opening up their pie holes about their political views.

There are many folks now who have become very sick and tired of being lectured by people who suffer from narcisstic personality disorder.

We have had enough of that already from Obama. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
You know , I would post something serious if Could stop laughing and thinking " Why in Hades would I give a rat's a>>about what any author says" What in Sheol makes them an expert in politics ? Nevermind , I will answer that myself : nothing , nada , zip , zilch , empty set , empty nest , zero .

Almost as bad as singers, models , any actor or actress, comedians, politicians....

edit on 5/27/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation
These morons just do not get it, just like with some of the Hollywood idiots, they only hurt their own brand by opening up their pie holes about their political views.

Of course they knew they would lose readers by speaking out...but chose to pay that price and speak out anyways.

They are the precise opposite of an anonymous debate forum. They signed their name and knowingly spent part of their economic security to make these statements.

Why do you think they thought it was worth that price?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Winstonian
Every day I see another leftist spouting off crybaby opinions, the closer I am to voting for Trump. I hate the system. I hate Republicans and Democrats. I cannot stand any of the mainstream candidates. Every time I see another progressive crap talking Trump, the closer I am to casting my vote.

I am not kidding, I am a hair away from throwing a protest vote to Trump just because of all of these leftist crybabies.

How do you feel when you hear Right Wingers "crybabies" "spouting off crybaby opinions"?

The idea that Trump is only opposed by "leftists" is false...a large chunk of the "rightests" think he is neither a conservative nor qualified for office.
edit on 27-5-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

I got loads of fortitude, just not much skill!!!

I said something similar to that to my girlfriend in the back of a Honda Civic when I was 15.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I don't care what celebritards think about anything. It works the same way with tow-truck drivers and garage door installers, and talk-show hosts.

It's mind over matter. No one else matters, and I don't mind, so who cares?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Attention...

Civil political debate does not allow snarkiness, bickering, attacks on other members and the like:
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

*** ALL MEMBERS *** Ending Rudeness, Hate, Bigotry: Getting Back to Basics

Please read the above and post responsibly.....
You are responsible for your own posts.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

edit on Fri May 27 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

There is nothing inherently "bad" about being a Trump supporter...it is the "why" that always seems to end up in some dark, angry place where truth and logic has been abused or banished.

I was not deriding support for Trump...I was pointing out the crazy irony of loyal trump supporter quipping
"I never understood why celebrities think their opinion means anything about anything. "

When of course Trump is precisely the pinnacle of modern day reality TV celebrity status...courting controversy and whoring himself to the media at every turn.

The double irony that the poster also obviously didn't read the OP?

Because neither wealth nor celebrity qualifies anyone to speak for the United States, to lead its military, to maintain its alliances, or to represent its people;

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
More negative press from the ivy league elite, more votes for Trump

keep it coming

edit on -050010am5kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: SheopleNation

Of course they knew they would lose readers by speaking out...but chose to pay that price and speak out anyways.

They are the precise opposite of an anonymous debate forum. They signed their name and knowingly spent part of their economic security to make these statements.

Why do you think they thought it was worth that price?

Because their delusion is so well ingrained, compliments of the power of the MSM, that their clouded outlook seems good to them, and they are being told that Trump is a threat to their own status quo, which is the delusion the MSM has sold them over the years. The status quo is "good" and Trump will destroy that.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Word...Sorry, couldn't do it.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

The political establishment is getting desperate now, this letter reads like them having hit panic stations.

An absolutely wonderful piece of propaganda designed to...how did they put it...appeal to the basest and most violent elements in society - this 'letter' will further encourage anti-Trumpers to keep doing what they do at his rallies.

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join