It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen King Joins Hundreds of Authors in Open Letter Blasting Trump

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

There are many folks now who have become very sick and tired of being lectured by people who suffer from narcisstic personality disorder.

If there was an award for irony.....you just won it!!

These morons just do not get it, just like with some of the Hollywood idiots, they only hurt their own brand by opening up their pie holes about their political views.

Do you realize that Trump is a member of SAG/AFTRA.....the Hollywood union?
edit on 27-5-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: amazing

How do I know they are calling me base ? The letter says his appeal is to the base and most violent of people's nature. In other words, there is no legitimate reason to like him.

Hmmmmm...

Here's a truth...the anger and frustration that Trump appeals to is 110% real and it's something that needs to be addressed.

The sleight of hand that Trump employs is substituting emotional appeal for solutions..

For effs sake...All politics aside...he is not building a wall...not only is it impossible from an economic and practical perspective, but it is just a dumb idea. He knows this. It is the emotional appeal that serves him well.

It is an appeal to people's xenophobia and fear...immigrants and terrorists...

Xenophobia and fear are real...and both the "leftists" and "right wing" experience it...It is what we do with those feelings that differentiate the two.

But any sane observer, left or right, watching Trump flip-flop his words and policies quickly understands he is not selling solutions...he is just saying crap people want to hear.

So...no...he is not offering any solutions and the solutions he is offering he has flip flopped on depending on the time of day. So left or right...it is impossible to claim he is speaking about problem solving...it is emotion, pure emotion and most often an appeal to ALL of our emotions. He is playing the Culture War divide perfectly..

On PC?...He tells the Far Right that he needs to fake being "Presidential" now...He tells mainstream Americans that he was playing the Far Right to get the nomination, but the real him is not that way.

I could list everything he has said with the same flip-flopity demonstrations and full crazy quotes if you like.

He is not real...but the frustration he is appealing to is and at some point that needs to be examined by both parties and all of us.
edit on 27-5-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
More negative press from the ivy league elite, more votes for Trump

keep it coming

You do know that Trump regularly brags about his Ivy League education on the stump?

Example Speaking at a campaign rally in Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
"I went to an Ivy League School, I am very highly educated. I know words, I have the best words."

Does an Ivy League education only qualify someone as the dreaded "elite" when they say something you don't like?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I was hoping to read a well written argument to not vote for Trump. I've been looking for one for a while. Maybe an explanation for why they think his policies are bad, or maybe some logical reason as to why they think he's a bigot, or even maybe just any reason why he's worse than the other serious contender. This is the best they can come up with? "I don't like the way he uses words" is their reason not to vote for him?
edit on 5/27/2016 by Pyrrho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: Indigo5

The political establishment is getting desperate now, this letter reads like them having hit panic stations.

When you declare Stephen King "the political establishment" it might be time to reflect on what level of delusion you are willing to employ to continue to ignore and dismiss criticisms of Trump.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

How do I know they are calling me base ? The letter says his appeal is to the base and most violent of people's nature. In other words, there is no legitimate reason to like him.

Hmmmmm...

Here's a truth...the anger and frustration that Trump appeals to is 110% real and it's something that needs to be addressed.

The sleight of hand that Trump employs is substituting emotional appeal for solutions..

For effs sake...All politics aside...he is not building a wall...not only is it impossible from an economic and practical perspective, but it is just a dumb idea. He knows this. It is the emotional appeal that serves him well.

Xenophobia and fear are real...and both the "leftists" and "right wing" experience it...It is what we do with those feelings that differentiate the two.

But any sane observer, left or right, watching Trump flip-flop his words and polices quickly understands he is not selling solutions...he is just saying crap people want to hear.

So...no...he is not offering any solutions and the solutions he is offering he has flip flopped on depending on the time of day. So left or right...it is impossible to claim he is speaking about problem solving...it is emotion, pure emotion and most often an appeal to ALL of our emotions. He is playing the Culture War divide perfectly..

On PC?...He tells the Far Right that he needs to fake being "Presidential" now...He tells mainstream Americans that he was playing the Far Right to get the nomination, but now he will behave.

I could list everything he has said with the same flip-flopity demonstrations and full crazy quotes if you like.

He is not real...but the frustration he is appealing to is and at some point that needs to be examined by both parties and all of us.

The wall is sensational but it is also the least important reason to vote for him. And you do realize that we've already been building a barrier on the border, right? It's not a new idea. It's something that's been worked on for a long time now.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyrrho

This is the best they can come up with? "I don't like the way he uses words" is their reason not to vote for him?

I like to imagine you actually read more than the first sentence of the OP before deciding to contribute? There was a list there.

But as far as "words" being important for our leaders?

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are ..."

Ya...Words matter in the business of leading...

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Hmmmmm...

But any sane observer, left or right, watching Trump flip-flop his words and polices quickly understands he is not selling solutions...he is just saying crap people want to hear.

On PC?...He tells the Far Right that he needs to fake being "Presidential" now...He tells mainstream Americans that he was playing the Far Right to get the nomination, but now he will behave.

The wall is sensational but it is also the least important reason to vote for him.

I don't mean this snarkily...but your post doesn't offer anything to respond to.

You explain that the "wall" is the least important reason to vote for him...What is the most important reason?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

This is the best they can come up with? "I don't like the way he uses words" is their reason not to vote for him?

I like to imagine you actually read more than the first sentence of the OP before deciding to contribute? There was a list there.

But as far as "words" being important for our leaders?

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are ..."

Ya...Words matter in the business of leading...

Of course. I just opened it again now to make sure I didn't miss something.

What list? I see nothing but more lies being spread without any explanation. I would honestly love to see an explanation.

More rhetoric such as this: " and denigrates women and minorities"

Where are the supporting facts for this claim? Because I have many examples of the opposite.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Hmmmmm...

The wall is sensational but it is also the least important reason to vote for him.

I don't mean this snarkily...but your post doesn't offer anything to respond to.

You explain that the "wall" is the least important reason to vote for him...What is the most important reason?

On the topic of immigration, I'd have to say that his stance on raising the prevailing wage for H-1B vias holders is a pretty big deal.

Yes the barrier on the border should be finished correctly rather than the mess that it is now. It will get done regardless of which candidate gets elected, it's just a matter of who will do it properly and efficiently. I'm more interested in the actions that will be taken to tackle the exhausting immigration system we have which does more harm than good.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyrrho

So as far as the OP...You reply "what list?" (unwilling to discuss the OP)

And as far as my simple question of ..

You ignore as well?

not really interested in that kind of willfully obtuse exchange...

To your question (notice I am responding)

Where are the supporting facts for this claim?

In 2005, when promoting the pageant on Stern’s show, Trump said,

“If you’re looking for a rocket scientist, don’t tune in tonight, but if you’re looking for a really beautiful woman, you should watch.”

He said of one of the actors, Nicollette Sheridan:

“A person who is very flat-chested is very hard to be a 10.”

he has called Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly a “bimbo”

ex-wife Marla Maples, “Nice tits, no brains,”

“It’s certainly not groundbreaking news that the early victories by the women on ‘The Apprentice’ were, to a very large extent, dependent on their sex appeal.”

“You know, it doesn’t really matter what [the media] write as long as you’ve got a young and beautiful piece of ass.” — from an interview with Esquire, 1991

On Celebrity Apprentice: All-Stars in 2013, he mused about the “pretty picture” of former Playboy Playmate Brande Roderick “dropping to your knees.”

In his book, How to Get Rich, he wrote: “All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me—consciously or unconsciously. That’s to be expected.”

Let me know if you want links...or more...

When you think about the history books ...I simply don't want “A person who is very flat-chested is very hard to be a 10.” listed in some future volume of presidential quotes that my daughter might read.

(post by RadioKnecht removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: SheopleNation

There are many folks now who have become very sick and tired of being lectured by people who suffer from narcisstic personality disorder.

If there was an award for irony.....you just won it!!

These morons just do not get it, just like with some of the Hollywood idiots, they only hurt their own brand by opening up their pie holes about their political views.

Do you realize that Trump is a member of SAG/AFTRA.....the Hollywood union?

Not only that, he draws a $110,000K pension per year from SAG.

Inside Donald Trump’s $110,000 Hollywood Pension Disclosure - Bloomberg

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Hmmmmm...

On the topic of immigration, I'd have to say that his stance on raising the prevailing wage for H-1B vias holders is a pretty big deal.

Maybe you should catch-up on his platform? I do know it is hard to follow..

Moderator Megyn Kelly: “Mr. Trump, your campaign website to this day argues that more visas for highly skilled workers would, quote, ‘decimate’ American workers. However, at the CNBC debate, you spoke enthusiastically in favor of these visas. So, which is it?”

Trump: “I’m changing. I’m changing. We need highly skilled people in this country, and if we can’t do it, we’ll get them in. But, and we do need in Silicon Valley, we absolutely have to have. So, we do need highly skilled, and one of the biggest problems we have is people go to the best colleges. They’ll go to Harvard, they’ll go to Stanford, they’ll go to Wharton, as soon as they’re finished they’ll get shoved out. They want to stay in this country. They want to stay here desperately, they’re not able to stay here. For that purpose, we absolutely have to be able to keep the brain power in this country.”

Trump was confronted about the answer he gave during the CNBC debate in October, showing support for the H-1B program.

He admitted that his stance is changing. When Kelly asked in a follow-up question whether he was abandoning the position on his website, Trump answered:

“I’m changing it, and I’m softening the position because we have to have talented people in this country.”

www.washingtonpost.com...

And that's the whole issue with hanging your hat on substance when it comes to Trump...

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

That's a mighty big hole you're trying to poke. I have seen this article and it is not the first of it's kind. Wash Post clearly doesn't understand the meaning of "flip flop" and wants to make the issue seem simpler than it is.

People are allowed to change their stance. It's the only acceptable result when presented with new and conflicting information. It's what moves the world forward. Lying about changing your stance, however, is not acceptable.

If Hillary gets knocked out, then maybe the independent nominee will have a chance at the polls for once. I look forward to this but I'm not depending on it. Until then, Trump is the only opposition to Hillary and I'll take his slightly changed stance to Hillary's complete flip flopping and lying about it.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I stopped watching his crappy movies decades ago. He's been overrated for years. Go away.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

You ignore as well?

“If you’re looking for a rocket scientist, don’t tune in tonight, but if you’re looking for a really beautiful woman, you should watch.”

“It’s certainly not groundbreaking news that the early victories by the women on ‘The Apprentice’ were, to a very large extent, dependent on their sex appeal.”

“You know, it doesn’t really matter what [the media] write as long as you’ve got a young and beautiful piece of ass.” — from an interview with Esquire, 1991

On Celebrity Apprentice: All-Stars in 2013, he mused about the “pretty picture” of former Playboy Playmate Brande Roderick “dropping to your knees.”

In his book, How to Get Rich, he wrote: “All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me—consciously or unconsciously. That’s to be expected.”

When you think about the history books ...I simply don't want “A person who is very flat-chested is very hard to be a 10.” listed in some future volume of presidential quotes that my daughter might read.

You should work for CNN or NBC. You'd do well in the propaganda department. Is there any specific reason you didn't source the webpage you pulled those quotes from (yes they are accurate quotes, just find it interesting that you wouldn't source it)?

Can you explain why this is worse than Hillary who has done much worse than say some "controversial" things? Let's also not ignore the fact that nothing you quoted was a lie or false. You're just choosing to be offended, or you're being told to be offended. You don't have to be, you're free to be how you want.

Here's some articles on the topic you may be interested in

Daily Caller

Wash Post

Yahoo

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

You ignore as well?

You should work for CNN or NBC. You'd do well in the propaganda department. Is there any specific reason you didn't source the webpage you pulled those quotes from (yes they are accurate quotes, just find it interesting that you wouldn't source it)?

I did not provide links...but offered to because I was clicking through different sites Cutting and Pasting and closed some windows and didn't have the time to search and C&P links...but I offered to if challenged?

So very strange that you would at the same time declare them "Propaganda" and in the next sentence say "Yes, they are accurate quotes"..while baiting me with the "you should work for" bit..

Nothing personal...but I am smelling a not so honest debate...G'Day...feel free to post, but not interested in responding.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

You ignore as well?

I did not provide links...but offered to because I was clicking through different sites Cutting and Pasting and closed some windows and didn't have the time to search and C&P links...but I offered to if challenged?

So very strange that you would at the same time declare them "Propaganda" and in the next sentence say "Yes, they are accurate quotes"..while baiting me with the "you should work for" bit..

Nothing personal...but I am smelling a not so honest debate...G'Day...feel free to post, but not interested in responding.

I did show why they are propaganda. That is why I posted sources to show the truth.

I was clicking through different sites Cutting and Pasting and closed some windows and didn't have the time to search and C&P links

Sure

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Because like I said, They clearly suffer from narcisstic personality disorder. ~$heopleNation

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join