It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The scandal in Washington no one is talking about (Fast/Furious was about gun control)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+39 more 
posted on May, 22 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   
MODS - I put this in Breaking Political because of the nature of the info released. if you need to move go ahead.

The scandal in Washington no one is talking about

The deadly-but-forgotten government gun-running scandal known as “Fast and Furious” has lain dormant for years, thanks to White House stonewalling and media compliance. But newly uncovered e-mails have reopened the case, exposing the anatomy of a coverup by an administration that promised to be the most transparent in history.

A federal judge has forced the release of more than 20,000 pages of emails and memos previously locked up under President Obama’s phony executive-privilege claim. A preliminary review shows top Obama officials deliberately obstructing congressional probes into the border gun-running operation.

Fast and Furious was a Justice Department program that allowed assault weapons — including .50-caliber rifles powerful enough to take down a helicopter — to be sold to Mexican drug cartels allegedly as a way to track them. But internal documents later revealed the real goal was to gin up a crisis requiring a crackdown on guns in America. Fast and Furious was merely a pretext for imposing stricter gun laws.

Now we know why Obama invoked executive privilege to try and prevent these communications from becoming public (and in my opinion he should be impeached / charged). It also explains why the replacement for Holder was someone close to his ideology / political background.

continuing -

The program came to light only after Terry’s 2010 death at the hands of Mexican bandits, who shot him in the back with government-issued semiautomatic weapons. Caught red-handed, “the most transparent administration in history” flat-out lied about the program to Congress, denying it ever even existed.

Then Team Obama conspired to derail investigations into who was responsible by first withholding documents under subpoena — for which Holder earned a contempt-of-Congress citation — and later claiming executive privilege to keep evidence sealed.

But thanks to the court order, Justice has to cough up the “sensitive” documents. So far it’s produced 20,500 lightly redacted pages, though congressional investigators say they hardly cover all the internal department communications under subpoena. They maintain the administration continues to “withhold thousands of documents.”

It makes one wonder just how far this scandal reaches and makes one wonder about some of the mass shootings we have had and their legitimacy. I stayed away from the Sandyhook threads but now I have to wonder what was in the federal reports that earned them a classified label and why the state passed laws restricting information from being released.

continuing

Even so, the batch in hand reveals the lengths to which senior Obama operatives went to keep information from Congress.

The degree of obstruction was “more than previously understood,” House Oversight and Government Reform Chairman Jason Chaffetz said in a recent memo to other members of his panel.

“The documents reveal how senior Justice Department officials — including Attorney General Holder — intensely followed and managed an effort to carefully limit and obstruct the information produced to Congress,” he asserted.

They also indict Holder deputy Lanny Breuer, an old Clinton hand, who had to step down in 2013 after falsely denying authorizing Fast and Furious.

Their efforts to impede investigations included:

Devising strategies to redact or otherwise withhold relevant information;
Manipulating media coverage to control fallout;
Scapegoating the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) for the scandal.

Had this involved rank and file we would be in prison for life. The level of corruption is insane and must be addressed. Seeing a former Clinton confidant involved doesn't help Hillary either.

Obama insists Fast and Furious is just another “phony” scandal whipped up by Republicans to dog his presidency. What does his heir apparent Hillary Clinton think?

The anti-gun zealot has been silent on the gun-proliferation scandal. But then, she’s been busy sweeping subpoenaed e-mails under the rug of her own scandal.

Click link for entire article which has more details about what they did to try and hide the scandal. Contact your reps people and demand action.
edit on 22-5-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

+31 more 
posted on May, 22 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Now we know why Obama invoked executive privilege to try and prevent these communications from becoming public (and in my opinion he should be impeached / charged). It also explains why the replacement for Holder was someone close to his ideology / political background.

How is this not the biggest news story of the century?
Running an illegal gun operation to swing publuc opinion against the Second Amendment is an attempt subvert the US Constitution, imo.

+2 more 
posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I guess there is only so much room for Obama / Clinton scandals.. It was only a matter of time before we hit ceiling I guess.

The State of Oklahoma sent a request to Congress for articles of impeachment against Obama and other members of his administration for continual violations of the Constitution. I shrugged it off but with stuff like this coming out I think it may gain traction. With Hillary's push on the 2nd amendment recently I think this will come up, especially since a former Clinton confidant is involved.

+4 more 
posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   
And more CT vindication.

Many theorists at the time nailed this on its head.

Will wonders never cease?

+12 more 
posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   
"We" said it was all designed as an attack on the 2nd.
Innit it funny how we "nutjobs" keep getting it right?
You have to ask yourself, why are they so damned desperate to disarm us? I think we all know the answer to that and it's not because they're worried about our safety.
edit on 22-5-2016 by DAVID64 because: add

+1 more 
posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I think it is safe to say the "nutjobs" are in Washington DC.

I am more and more in favor of Trump being President with the hopes he will unleash the DOJ to prosecute these idiots.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   

While I have always maintained there was more to Fast and Furious than just tracking cartel movements, I also wonder how long this had been going on for. Brian Terry was killed in Dec 2010, only about 23 months after Obama took office.

This scandal seems to be pretty deep, almost too deep to have only happened in a 23 month period.

+4 more 
posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: C8H10N4O2

There was an operation in place during GW's administration but it did not include the straw purchase. That was all Obama's administration. I wondered why Holder and company tried to blame Bush when all this happened.

Now it makes sense to take a program the former President had running, turn it into something completely different and if you get caught - boom, it was the previous administrations fault.

If Bush had any link to this Obama would have thrown him under the bus and buried him in a document dump that would show he (Obama) had nothing to do with it. When he invoked executive privilege and refused to cooperate with the hearings it was clear this was all Obama.

If it wasnt he would have no need to hide documents, obstruct investigations and violate court orders.

I also think its why Holder left. Without him the story would slowly die out.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   

I wasn't necessarily trying to imply Bush himself, but some of the other unconstitutional autonomous 3 letter agencies.

None of which would have ever reported such activities.

ETA: I can see your point about changing the original operation into something else. That would explain how such a massive trusted workforce could have been put in place in so little time.

edit on 22-5-2016 by C8H10N4O2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Why isn't anyone questioning the firearms manufacturers? guns don't make themselves and they could be the 'smoking gun' pun completely intended.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

The weapons manufacturer is not an element in this. The DOJ allowed federal / state laws to be violated in order to get the guns into the hands of the cartels. From everything I have seen these purchases were from stores / pawn shops etc and not directly from the manufacturers.

Should we hold auto makers responsible for the way people drive? Auto dealerships?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Sometimes, the "devil is in the details" of news reports. That was not the situation with this case. It was obvious to anyone with a decent brain that the very top officials in the government has devised a plan to help push gun restrictions. This affair was a criminal act. There is no need to scratch your head and wonder out loud, "What were they thinking?" Holder and the supposed leader of our country had their agenda and they attempted to work it with the aid of criminals both in the US and in the Mexican cartels. Another absolutely gone wrong aspect of the so-called War on Drugs.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
"We" said it was all designed as an attack on the 2nd.
Innit it funny how we "nutjobs" keep getting it right?
You have to ask yourself, why are they so damned desperate to disarm us? I think we all know the answer to that and it's not because they're worried about our safety.

Another sign to make you wonder is the fact that the anti-gun legislation that they push tends to be against rifles.
Why rifles, when they are not used in most gun injuries and deaths?
The answer is staring us right in the face.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Why rifles indeed?

In my professional experience, out of the dozens of murder cases I have worked, only one was with an "assault rifle."

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig

Why rifles indeed?

In my professional experience, out of the dozens of murder cases I have worked, only one was with an "assault rifle."

Rifles allow the possessor to 'reach out and touch someone' from a much greater distance than a handgun or shotgun.
They are thinking about their own protection, not ours.
Thanks for adding your professional experience in this matter.
edit on b000000312016-05-22T08:25:05-05:0008America/ChicagoSun, 22 May 2016 08:25:05 -0500800000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Agreed.

Also, one should wonder why are they after "high capacity" magazines when the average criminal shooting involves less than 10 rounds...

www.nssf.org...
edit on 22-5-2016 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

Excellent point.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
And somehow, some way, ISIS rebels, and the thugs in Benghazu ended up with a good number of those guns.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

I can remember a few years ago a certain Medical Examiner at a large press conference describing the fatalities caused by a certain "long gun".....

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

It's things like this and the story about the DOJ being sanctioned that give me little hope in our justice system. When those who are supposed to be responsible for stopping crime instead perpetuate it, something seriously wrong is in existence.

It is also why I have little to no hope of Hillary facing charges no matter how egregious her blatant violations were and continue (does anyone think she has stopped?) to be. The government itself engages in criminal activity, they will certainly not go after one of their own.

It is situations like this which validate my total lack of faith in our federal government.

(pretty sure the cake was being sarcastic (or at least tongue in cheek) abut suing the gun manufacturers)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join