It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the best self defence tactic u can use?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   
What's the best self defence tactic u can use if attacked or threatened???

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
SPAM REMOVED BY ADMIN
edit on May 22nd 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

First off feign in a way as to confuse the opponent as to what you are about to do.

Attack first and aim for the chin as it's a button when pressed and will drop the opponent very qucikly.
Also the Elbow is the hardest point on the body and will do more damage than a fist.
Your main aim is get out of the situation unscathed so if your ooponent is rock solid and does not budge then it's time to make the floor burn and beat a hasty exit path.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth.- Mike Tyson

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
lavatrance

·Avoid confrontation if at all possible.

·If confrontation appears imminent, employ all venues of de-escalation immediately.

·If aggressor(s) lack weapons, prepare for hand-to-hand (CQC) combat. Fight until one side concedes remembering to keep you head up, mouth closed and eyes fixed upon your opponent(s).

·If aggressor(s) possess CQC weapons (I.e. knives, bludgeons, etcetera) do your best to avoid blows from these weapons, distancing yourself from your assailant(s) as best as possible. Choose your advances, parries and retreats wisely. There are no second chances. No respawn points.

·If your attacker(s) possess a firearm, retreat via the fastest route possible employing as many evasive maneuvers as you can reasonably perform without breaking your momentum.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Run, locate people and run, screaming help at the top of your lungs. you can't know what your assailants capabilities are in a split second decision, assume they are better and more equipped than you.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Calmly surrender and acquiesce to whatever your attacker demands. A wallet isn't worth being stabbed or shot.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: lavatrance
What's the best self defence tactic u can use if attacked or threatened???

Appear less intelligent then the would be potential opponent. Lowering their expectations of attack and or threat...

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Buy a can of capsicum spray...here is a link to make your own at home.www.instructables.com/id/Homemade-pepper-spray/

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   
dirty-fu always worked for me

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I've always been a huge proponent of the eye gouge.

I tell all my female friends that if you're ever attacked or someone attempts to rape you, close your eyes & jab your thumb or two fingers as hard as you possibly can right into the offenders eye. There's no way they'll be able to do anything but scream in pain. If you're lucky they'll be blind for life in that eye or lose it altogether.
edit on 22-5-2016 by SmurfRider because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: southbeach

Hahaha yes! Elbow smashing! Do you watch the show Leverage? Elliot, their "hitter"/bodyguard always fight with his elbows. It's genius actually, harder than a fist & way less likely to break any of your own bones.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
Taekwondo

Worst advice. You don't win with points in a fight.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Lol not a chance.

Mma.

Solid mauy ThaI with some BJJ/wrestling.
You will out strike any normal person, you will be able to easily take them down and break or hold them.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: SmurfRider
I've always been a huge proponent of the eye gouge.

I tell all my female friends that if you're ever attacked or someone attempts to rape you, close your eyes & jab your thumb or two fingers as hard as you possibly can right into the offenders eye. There's no way they'll be able to do anything but scream in pain. If you're lucky they'll be blind for life in that eye or lose it altogether.

My buddy did this to a much bigger opponent. This big guy was bullying around people at a party, he walked up to my friend who was sitting in a car in the driveway with a friend listening to music.

The bully started talking smack and tried to hit my friend. My buddy climbed up over the top of the open car door and onto the guys back, he then reached around and stuck his finger deep into the guys eye socket plucking his eyeball out. The confrontation ended immediately after that with the bully screaming like a girl about his eye.

It was funny to watch because my buddy is like 5'5", skinny and has cerebral palsy and this guy was huge.
edit on 5/22/2016 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   

All I can answer to this (if you don't have a hand gun) use use anything to hurt the attacker, piece of wood, length of timber, chair, whatever. Get angry, real angry and hurt the assailant first up. Majority of them are cowards.

If the robber has a gun, he would in all probability be untrained. If you get a chance in these circumstances, swipe the effer with whatever you have.

Sure, if you have nothing to protect yourself with then give it up. I work in a shop that has cash. If I am threatened I don't aim for the head with the baseball bat, I look them in the eye and wack their weapon hand and then keep belting the effer across the face. Hate dirt bags. Bring it on scum!!!!

My kind regards as always,

Bally.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   

A calm mind paired with a deliberate intent to only do what is necessary to diffuse the threat. Any method that might be offered beyond this is semantic and secondary - whether it be street fighting tricks, MMA, martial arts or guns. Once emotional balance is lost, so is the fight and the point.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Creating distance between the conflict is the best way to diffuse a situation.

Asking 'What is the problem?' has been the best approach to a tricky situation.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join