It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia!

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

People getting beaten up and sometimes killed for just being themselves. And, you know, it could happen to you; bullies don't just bully LGBT people. So standing up for their right to be who they are also serves to affirm your right to be who you are. That is why you should care.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: lunatux

He won't reply back to you, because he's left this thread knowing that he was wrong with what he posted.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Google says so on their home page!

International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia unfe.org...

The global movement for lesbian, gay, bi and trans (LGBT) equality encompasses millions of individuals, groups, organizations and campaigns all of whom are fighting for change in their own countries and communities.

And there are billions of people, groups and organizations who are not LGBTQ. So, the LGBTQ want "tail wag dog?" The 2% or so control the policy of the 98%? Screw that. They should stop this constant BS, many of us are tired of hearing the whining. We have much greater problems to deal with than this little forced agenda driven distraction.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 5/20.2016 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
If it's one thing I am sick of hearing about it is transsexuals. This is only a big thing because someone wants it to be a big distraction. And furthermore I don't think it is a right, it is a disease.

I think sex and gender are the same thing. Gender is determined by your sex. If you want to be a different gender than your sex is, then I honestly think you have a chemical imbalance or mental illness, whether chemically or environmentally (abuse) based.

It is not something to be celebrated - it is something to be fixed.

Homosexuality is different; it has been around for millennia, but transgenderism is only a modern thing based on mental problems and the availability of surgery that doesn't even make a real 'woman' or 'man' where one didn't' exist before, it makes some sort of Frankenstein's monster that everyone looks at because they can tell it is not a natural process.

Rant over and now you can all flame me.

I'm not going to flame you, but I'll tell you this:

I would be willing to bet real money that I could find at least twenty trannies, right here in my city, any one of whom you could stand right next to and have an entire conversation with and never once suspect that you were talking to a biological male. Easily. These women are stunning.

Not all trans people look like Caitlin Jenner. In fact, big, hulking, manly looking trannies like that are by far the exception rather than the rule. All my tranny friends are girly girls too...never a hair out of place or makeup smeared. True story.

It's funny when I keep hearing this brought up. Unless these people are wearing a sign, hanging their junk outside their pants, or in some way looking for attention, NOBODY would know, or say anything to they, which kind of negates the whole point being made here. I see pictures of little kids who look like girls but am told they are transgender. Unless you told me they were, nobody would know. So again, the point seems to be missing.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

And there are billions of people, groups and organizations who are not LGBTQ. So, the LGBTQ want "tail wag dog?" The 2% or so control the policy of the 98%? Screw that. They should stop this constant BS, many of us are tired of hearing the whining. We have much greater problems to deal with than this little forced agenda driven distraction.

LOL!!
I Know!! Right?

Just like soon I hope we have

"International Day Against Organized Religious Nonsense"

Many of us are tired of hearing the 'believers in magical invisible judges' spewing their nonsense, too.
Talk about whining.....

Yeah - whining.

"We're so put-upon and persecuted! What? NO! I will not sign this piece of paper that is representative of the rights of others who I deem scum....!"

Save it, man.
Y'all had your day in the sun...made hay while it shone.....now you get to eat what you reaped.

edit on 5/20/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: NONSENSE. Religion is nonsense. It just is. And no, I'm not sorry for saying so.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Holy cow, you guys!! - this thread is still going?

I think there is some "cause" for every day of the year - and it's really no different from "Orthodox Christian" and "High Catholic" stuff - a 'saint' for every day.

That day was to emphasize the need for less hatred.
Today could be "peanut butter & jelly on Wonder-Bread day!" and it would have about as much impact.

International Meditation Day

Annual Chillaxing Day

etc.
&

I'm so tired of the snarking.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

a reply to: bobs_uruncle

"International Day Against Organized Religious Nonsense"

Of interest:

The National Day of Reason is a secular celebration for humanists, atheists, and other secularists and freethinkers in response to the National Day of Prayer, a legal holiday in the United States. The day is celebrated on the first Thursday in May of every year, to coincide with the National Day of Prayer, which many atheist and secular groups view to be unconstitutional. en.wikipedia.org...

Should campaign to make it official.

edit on 20-5-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

CRAP I missed it!!!

Thanks ever so much for sharing that, Annee.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

O FFS, deadlyhope.
I saw a thing on Google's home page. I thought I'd bring it here.
I did so.
It made some people talk.

There was no "job" involved.
Yes - the world is hideous - making it just a little less hideous by discouraging hatred makes sense to me.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

I call it "Wizard of Oz Syndrome". Some people seem to feel they wield a significant amount of power when they're hidden behind a screen.

That's quite good! I'm impressed and laughing

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I agree lol. The whole lot of it has become very tiresome.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Lol I was wondering how long it would take you to drop an FFS.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Summarize for me. I'm late for the party.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

People participated in a day to highlight the real abuse and violence against people who are trans or gay. The OP was created to discuss this awareness day, and lots of ATS members seem to be upset and angry about it for no apparent rational reason.

I think that just about sums it up.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

We learned that homophobia and transphobia are inaccurate and antagonistic terms.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

We also learned it was a complete sidetrack to the topic at hand, and I suspect leapt on solely in an attempt to derail an interesting thread about real abuse of trans and gay people.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

A thing I rarely do - but when people insist on being obtuse, what's a girl to do???

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

If you wanted to set aside a day to raise awareness about the abuse of children, would you call it "The International Day Against Pedophobia"?

(Pedophobia is the fear of children btw.)

edit on 22-5-2016 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

I wouldn't bitch about the nomenclature, I'd focus on the topic which was awareness of real abuse and violence towards people who are gay or trans.

For the record I have issues with the phobia thing myself but they have become accepted words in society now so I run with it instead of blatantly derailing a thread with off topic comments.

You should have started your own thread about such things in my opinion. It was blatant derailment.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

See, my secret motivation for this thread was not to provide some subject matter and positive world progress, but to piss off the insufferable bigots that have been squatting on this forum for some time now.

She also stated in the OP that any discussion was welcome as long as I'm not hateful.... which is a clear indication that this wasn't intended to be a one-sided discussion.

edit on 22-5-2016 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join