It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia!

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
a reply to: grainofsand
Nope I don't think it was entirely necessary in this particular OP.

Necessary is kind of irrelevant though, just interest enough to comment is all that is needed on a public online platform.
Does that trouble you?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I have known about the challenges that the gay community has faced
for many decades.I have even tried bringing atrocities that gays suffer
from to light on this website.BUT,these atrocities are happening in
other countries.The gays' in the U.S. are only interested in "fighting"
for their rights in their country only.
I would have been more impressed with the gay community if they would
focus some of their indignation towards real atrocities.No, they only
focus on planning their upcoming weddings and which christian bakery
to sue into baking their wedding cakes.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Not really. Just stating my opinion.

edit on 18-5-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

The gays' in the U.S. are only interested in "fighting"
for their rights in their country only.
I would have been more impressed with the gay community if they would
focus some of their indignation towards real atrocities.No, they only
focus on planning their upcoming weddings and which christian bakery
to sue into baking their wedding cakes.

Those are just blatantly patent lies.

Shame on you.

Shall I prove it to you? Or would that be a waste of time?

Start here if you're interested.

Out Right International - Where We Work

OutRight Action International is a leading international organization dedicated to human rights advocacy on behalf of people who experience discrimination or abuse on the basis of their actual or perceived sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. Click on the links below to learn more about our work in the regions and find country-specific information.

(Spoiler Alert: On every f-ing CONTINENT, btw ... since you won't bother to click the link.)
edit on 18-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

The on-topic discussion in this thread is not about cakes in the US though, so I apologise in advance for disregarding your comments.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Not really. Just stating my opinion.

Opinion is always welcome

Questionable criticism or claims of 'unnecessary' opinion will always be challenged by my good self though.
I enjoy the debate...it's the only reason I frequent the forums.

I also support this OP. There is real and violent abuse directed to this social demographic so I support their attempt to raise awareness of it.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

✌🙏

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I have worked with, hired and befriended many homosexuals…and the thing that saddens me the most is that the science on being gay is being stifled by a fringe group within the homosexual community who do not want anyone to question the whats and whys of being gay… if someone no longer wants to be gay, they are not supposed to have a choice. That is wrong, especially since many gays are victims of abuse as children and have other psychological issues that can be addressed in therapy. The former head of the APA says they had a 50% success rate of helping gays who wanted to turn straight way back in the 1970s!

yt: Are People Born Gay? Genetic and Epigenetic Determinism in Homosexuality
youtu.be...
Joseph Davis provides an overview of recent studies in genetics whose findings do not support the self-reporting deterministic claims in homosexuality. Rather, they provide evidence that there is no gene that exclusively determines homosexual sexual identity. This lecture is part of the 2014 Faith and Science Conference.

HOMOSEXUALITY_101
youtu.be...

2011 NARTH Conference Dr. Nicholas Cummings - former head of the APA (American Psychology Association)
youtu.be...

Then you have all the testimonies of gays who turn to Jesus and find love for the opposite sex:

yt: Former Homosexual Speaks Out Part 1
youtu.be...

yt: Ex Homosexual Testimony / Spiritual Warfare Freedom From Spirits Influencing Thoughts & Desires
youtu.be...

yt: Jesus Christ Saved Me from 27 Years of Homosexuality
youtu.be...

yt: Former Gay Man Explains Transition to Heterosexuality
Michael Glatze, pastor in Wyoming, co-founder of Young Gay America, and former gay rights advocate joins David to discuss no longer identifying as gay

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: samerulesapply
Noooooo it's "waiting person"....

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Gay science is all fake, how gays control psychology
youtu.be...

"Gay activist are very fond of throwing science into the face of all that disagree with them. The only problem is--that "science" is FAKE. Dr. Nicholas Andrew Cummings explains in great detail how gay activist got into control of American psychology in the 1970's and manipulated it from then on for political gain, making sure that being gay was never actually studied and thereby no actual scientific results were ever produced.

THIS IS IMPORTANT! This isn't just any old doctor, THIS IS THE MAN that made the resolution that declassified homosexuality as a mental illness, WHICH IS THE REASON SO MANY PEOPLE IN AMERICA THINK THAT THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH BEING GAY, AND THAT ANYONE WHO DOES IS A CAVE MAN. When Dr. Cummings, as president of the American Psychological Association (APA) made the resolution it was stipulated that honest and open unbiased research would be done on the subject to make sure that this change was accurate scientifically. THAT RESEARCH WAS NEVER DONE.

In those days the American Psychological Association had a rule called "The Leona Tyler Principle," that stated that all findings would be based on "scientific data and demonstrable professional experience." After the decision to declassify homosexuality as a mental illness was made, gay activist and their allies gained control of the APA and from then on all findings were cherry picked in favor of what these people wanted the information to say to serve their political needs. The Leona Tyler Principle not only ceased to be followed, it was wiped from the annals of the APA, and with that, dedication to reason and logic stopped. Political stances overrode scientific results, and as time progressed it became about building the case for homosexuality as a civil rights issue, instead of about studying homosexuality scientifically.

Its important to realize that this doctor is not an extremist. He is not even against gay marriage. He is just dedicated to science and thinks that results that are purported as scientific ought to actually be scientific."

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: mouthfullofkefirgrains
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus
...and you on-topic comments were what exactly? Lol

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Oh my, you really believe all that?
Really?
Lol

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The UN is passing out stamps. Could flutter then around at the parades

www.un.org...

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
The UN is passing out stamps. Could flutter then around at the parades

www.un.org...

Thank's for the link...I like those stamps

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

all of what?

that there are MANY testimonies online of gays sincerely turning to Jesus Christ and going straight?

Or that many gays are gay because of psychological issues such as being abused as children?

HOMOSEXUALITY_101
youtu.be...

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

and we are talking about phobias… so why not the fact that there is a fringe group within the gay community who have a phobia against honest science and the fact that MANY gays can and do stop being gay?

2011 NARTH Conference Dr. Nicholas Cummings
youtu.be...

2011 NARTH (National Association of Research and Therapy of Homosexuality) Conference at the Phoenix Marriott Airport Hotel. Dr. Nicholas A. Cummings past President of the American Psychological Association .

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Lol, I love you folk with your god's supporting your arguments!
It's quaint. I totally love it...but you have nothing to support it lol

edit on 18.5.2016 by grainofsand because: typo

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Nicholas Cummings was president of the American Psychological Association (1979-80). Here, we touch the tip of the iceberg of obfuscation in this atrocious piece of work, a screed that USA Today should never have published in the first place. His piece also mentions that he was the chief psychologist for Kaiser Permanente from 1959-1979

So, he left the field of actual science 36 years ago? Wonder why?

Could it be because of his silly ideas that are laughed at by the majority of the medical and psychiatric professional communities? Has knowledge advanced since 1979-80?

NARTH Company Man Publishes Atrocious ‘Ex-Gay’ Op-Ed In USA Today

Ex-Gay Therapist Wants you to Believe that Ex-Gay Therapy Actually Helps People - Salon

The "testimony" of one man plying his trade reverses thousands of rigorous scientific studies, the consensus opinion of the AMA, APA, etc?

Nah.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: mouthfullofkefirgrains

and we are talking about phobias… so why not the fact that there is a fringe group within the gay community who have a phobia against honest science and the fact that MANY gays can and do stop being gay?

2011 NARTH Conference Dr. Nicholas Cummings
youtu.be...

2011 NARTH (National Association of Research and Therapy of Homosexuality) Conference at the Phoenix Marriott Airport Hotel. Dr. Nicholas A. Cummings past President of the American Psychological Association .

Why not show some "honest science" instead of the fringe garbage you're fronting for?

NARTH is one of the fundamental organizations involved in the notorious "ex-gay" therapies scandal.

THIS is who you think we should believe over medical science and psychiatric professionals?

LOL.

What's next, a link to the garbage at "Focus on the Family"? Also known for falsifying and rigging data and studies that support their obnoxious propositions.
edit on 18-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: mouthfullofkefirgrains

. . honest science and the fact that MANY gays can and do stop being gay?

There is zero evidence from any credible source that a homosexual can become heterosexual.

There are homosexuals that CHOOSE to live a heterosexual life. But, the attraction to same gender does not go away.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join