It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia!

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

And she was correct, this thread itself showed how many insufferable bigots actually are on ATS. I was actually surprised.
They all came out of the woodwork, the usual bigoted and hateful members, all wishing to derail a thread about irrelevant nomenclature of bigot issues.

The topic was about a particular social demographic raising awareness of the very real suffering some experience in the world.
THAT should have been the discussion, but no, even whining that there are more important things to discuss in the world etc. So what, the discussion was about the day of awareness regarding a particularly nasty aspect of human behaviour.

I know one thing, I'm so glad I don't know anyone in real life who is as bigoted as some in this thread. I said previously that I wondered if they were like that in real life as they are on ATS, you know, safe behind a keyboard.
I'm certain that if they are like that in real life then I feel sorry for any gay or trans people they may know.
'Against' trans and gay people WTF?! Why, how on earth does someone being gay or trans impact on anyone else's life in a tangible way?

It's not the end of the world though, as each generation dies off then so will the bigots be reduced.
I only wish the process could be accelerated for the sake of the poor souls who suffer from their hate fuelled bigotry.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: Bone75

And she was correct, this thread itself showed how many insufferable bigots actually are on ATS. I was actually surprised.
They all came out of the woodwork, the usual bigoted and hateful members

Isn't that an oxymoron?

The topic was about a particular social demographic raising awareness of the very real suffering some experience in the world.

So why aren't you doing that?

In fact after going through your posts in this thread, I noticed you haven't contributed a single shred of information relating to this topic you're so passionate about.

Where are the horror stories one would expect to find in such a thread? Don't you have some Salon or RawStory articles highlighting cases of real life abuse of transgenders and homosexuals that you can share? Do any of you?

Instead, all I've seen you do is stand up on a pedestal bragging about how perfectly tolerant you are and shouting "bigot" at anyone who has the slightest problem with this international day against 2 extremely rare medical conditions.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I'm new here so this is the outing myself post, I'm trans, out, doing HRT, I go to these sorts of events/rally's. Not just to raise awareness and tolerance, but because many cant go without outing themselves, some can't go because of work and others are not the activist sort; me I am an activist sort, you get to meet new people and and other good things so its not like we are an angry mob, where are just getting out their and being proud.

All our rallies we organize, we do so with the appropriate permits. The internal squabbles to arrange these sorts of events is a nightmare because different people with different ideas, but all protests and rallys are lawful and most are non-violent, but I have seen times when we have been attacked at these events.

LBGTI rights are human rights. I'm not going to rant in this, so I'll leave it at that.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Where are the horror stories one would expect to find in such a thread? Don't you have some Salon or RawStory articles highlighting cases of real life abuse of transgenders and homosexuals that you can share? Do any of you?

I can tell you my own. Which would you like, instances of physical abuse or those that fall into the sexual assault category?.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: PBL666
I'm new here so this is the outing myself post, I'm trans, out, doing HRT, I go to these sorts of events/rally's.

Welcome. Thank you for your braveness.

Its hard for me and I'm not LGBT - - just a supporter.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I was tossing up whether to out myself here or not, my first impressions are that its not really very trans friendly. I decided I needed to weigh in, because its part of the whole "awareness" spirit of the thread.

I'm not sure to what to do about tolerance here, but we can do awareness at least.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I was tossing up whether to out myself here or not, my first impressions are that its not really very trans friendly. I decided I needed to weigh in, because its part of the whole "awareness" spirit of the thread.

I'm not sure to what to do about tolerance here, but we can do awareness at least.

Don't let them push your buttons.

Walk away instead.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Been doing "awareness" and trying to educate and provide information here for a year. More voices are appreciated so welcome and you're right, not only is this place not really very trans friendly, it is often hostile and toxic and extremely frustrating. I hope you stick around and we look forward to getting to know you better.

Just so you know, you are not alone and there are people here that are informed about trans issues and will speak the truth but you are going to encounter those that are willfully ignorant. Try to keep your cool and be the bigger person. That's what I tell myself anyway although I don't always succeed.

edit on 5/22/2016 by Freija because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I can tell you my own. Which would you like, instances of physical abuse or those that fall into the sexual assault category?.

Welcome to the site and congratulations on being the first person in this 20 page thread on awareness who actually has something to share.

I guess you should tell us something so that Buzzy's efforts aren't totally in vain.

edit on 22-5-2016 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I guess you should tell us something so that Buzzy's efforts aren't totally in vain.

Are you somehow trying to deny or ignore that gay and trans folks don't face homophobia or transphobia, hate, discrimination and prejudice or are you blind or are you just being a jerk?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freija

Are you somehow trying to deny or ignore that gay and trans folks don't face homophobia or transphobia, hate, discrimination and prejudice or are you blind or are you just being a jerk?

That was me jerkishly pointing out that up until now this thread had nothing to do with awareness... at least you're getting more accurate with your labels though.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

.. at least you're getting more accurate with your labels though.

Thank you!

So, what is it you're looking for? Actual testimony from people that have faced homo/trans phobic people. What is your suggestion so that this thread is more in line with what you think it should be?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija

Nice to meet you and I'm glad you have had the tenacity to do this for a year, I came here telling myself to not get involved with it, not out myself, just stick with topics I'm interested in but a handful of posts later I'm out.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

originally posted by: JIMC5499
Who cares?

Everyone should as hatred and racism (of any kind) affects us all whether they realize it or not, but you don't have to care if you don't want to haha

Since it's based in a false narrative of hate and... what the hell racism!?! Seriously? That's idiotic.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

This day was first celebrated in 2005 - and a lot of progress has been made! And the fight continues.

If you and those people constantly acting like victims 24/7 where really fighting something you would have been doing so in the middle east or any Islamic country where gay people are being thrown of roofs, set on fire, stoned to death and being pulled apart even if they are just rumored and suspected to be gay or any of those groups of people you so dramatically pretend to be "fighting" for.

Do the real thing. Take your "fight" where there actually is a need to "fight". And that does not include places where LGBT's can freely have parades on the streets, be successful and very rich actors, musicians or business people and be praised for it and adored by many. Go to irak, Afghanistan or Saudi arabia go fight for LGBT there and you will earn my respect for putting your money where your actual mouth is Or, dont pretend to be having some sort of dramatic pretend "fight".

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

This day was first celebrated in 2005 - and a lot of progress has been made! And the fight continues.

If you and those people constantly acting like victims 24/7 where really fighting something you would have been doing so in the middle east or any Islamic country where gay people are being thrown of roofs, set on fire, stoned to death and being pulled apart even if they are just rumored and suspected to be gay or any of those groups of people you so dramatically pretend to be "fighting" for.

UGH! Maybe you should go after the American Fundie Christians taking their fight across the pond.

There are LGBT groups in the Middle East.

LGBTQ ORGANIZATIONS WORLD WIDE: internationalspectrum.umich.edu...: internationalspectrum.umich.edu...

edit on 22-5-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone

I am nobody's victim and my fight is against ignorance. Read any of the trans threads here and you see it is rampant. I also don't live in those other countries but do live in the U.S. and as a first world nation, believe setting an example for the rest of the world to follow is valid and with merit.

I'm sorry you think discrimination, prejudice and bigotry doesn't exist against gay and trans folks in this country but I think 99 out of 100 gay or trans folks might disagree with you. There's nothing "pretend" about the fight for equality.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freija

.. at least you're getting more accurate with your labels though.

Thank you!

So, what is it you're looking for? Actual testimony from people that have faced homo/trans phobic people.

What is your suggestion so that this thread is more in line with what you think it should be?

I suggest scrapping it. You guys suck at this whole activism thing.

I'll send you my suggestions when The Transgender Day of Remembrance rolls around in November.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I'll send you my suggestions when The Transgender Day of Remembrance rolls around in November.

Wow! That's pretty revealing about the kind of person you are and I might suggest pretty goddamn offensive.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

So join them where it actually is needed and stop pretending to fight for something in a country where the very thing you pretend to be fighting for is already largely accepted since decades.

These people would have been executed in the places i mentioned earlier. Go their and claim you are fighting a fight and only then you would be right.

Not in a country where the woman of the year is actually a man who changed himself into a woman

Or very successful well known and idolized gay actors:

Or very successful gay talk show hosts who are loved and revered by many :

Where LGBT's can have parades and walk outside like this:

And pretend to be having a struggle in their freedoms and fighting their oppression and claiming how less privileged they are.

Go join that LGBT group you just linked to that actually needs it instead of insulting the freedom your country already has and provides and stop pretending you have the right for full acceptance by anyone and everyone all of the time in this country because you do not. Nobody does.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join