It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 6

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Yay! Someone who appreciates my rambles!

I, too, am someone who writes and writes and writes, only to feel disheartened when in response I receive nothing but a simple "k" or "lol" or "heh"... *shakes fist*!!

That house sounds absolutely horrible! Definitely a Hell-House!

My feelings were correct just before, when I said that I would probably be awake in the wee hours. My son just woke up in tears (is back asleep now!!), and appears to have his first fever of the season.. hooray.. a sleepless night and plenty of caffeine on the morrow

Trouble is attracted to this boy. 3 years old and has been to the emergency room twice, one visit required stitches because he had ripped his lip when falling over, if the tear had been any larger he would've needed plastic surgery. And sick constantly every winter. Last year he ended up with a mild (thankfully) whooping cough and roseola too, scary seeing a little person break out head to toe in red marks.

Sooo, I'm off to bed to garner what little sleep I can!

Farewell everyone who see's this, and may your day be bright
~*HUGS TO ALL*~

edit on 20 5 2016 by kaelci because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

Sleep well hunny, I hope your little one feels better soon.

It was nice talking to you...we rarely get any one-on-one chat time in here.
And yes...I enjoy your ramblings...you have a great conversational way of writing.

See you later, or tomorrow...
jacy

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I knew it would happen.

Got a nasty SMS about one of my emails, and she is going to see the boss about me on Monday.

And so far, two emails to me from others.
edit on 20-5-2016 by 1984hasarrived because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Morning Fam!

Gorgeous Louisa, I may be needing to turn the T Bird into an airplane, just for a bit.

Yes, you can come too! LOL

The kiddos are up and wildly chasing each other around, excited, and planning on breakfast. There'll be a group going and I pity the diner staff! It's funny, to me, kids won't hardly eat at home but, when they go out? Good Grief!
Perhaps that's a reflection of my cooking skills, or lack thereof?!

There's a scandal with graduation tickets. Can you imagine? They were given out yesterday around 12pm and by 12:15pm they were on the internet selling for $50 open bid. Everyone was supposed to get 10/student. The class number was higher than expected so, they were limited to 8. It's a shame. People can be so cruel. If I were to have extra I would certainly give to someone in need. You can still attend without a ticket but, seating would be the issue in that case.

My daughter called me yesterday when she received her GPA. She was sobbing so hard that I couldn't even understand her. I was already on my way to school to get them both, early, as they were able to leave after practice/finals.
Had she not missed so many days she would have likely sailed through with 4.0. She made 3.7. She felt that she had disappointed me. With all of the (stuff) she went through, how could I be disappointed?

We cried together for awhile and she is okay now.
Life lessons learned.
I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
I know that I will!

Loved all of the stories!
*sigh*
Such talented folks I am humbled to be in your presence.

Jace, seriously, I am glad that the visitor isn't able to disturb you.
Strength.

((hugs)) and XXs

~Chirp

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: 1984hasarrived

Hi Bob...I'm sorry you have to deal with this. It sucks having a position of authority, and having to deal with employees behaving like children. I don't know any of the details...just hope you don't take it personally.
Everybody loves to shoot the messenger, right?
*squishy*

Chirp/Thelma...We're flying now? Oh geez, you might have to sedate me!!

I'm actually jealous hearing about your busy household. I miss those days so much. My place was always where all the other kids gathered...it was a beautiful chaos, lol.
Your kids get 10 tickets to grad? Wow, mine only ever got 4...which was ridiculous considering divorce/remarriage and multiple parents/grandparents.
How sad that your daughter was disappointed with her 3.7...and thought YOU would be upset! She did great, and I'm sure a lot of kids would have been thrilled with that score. Besides, scoring means nothing...man-made educational garbage numbers...kinda like IQ scores. I've known a few idiots with high IQ's. Tell her Auntie Jacy says she's beautiful and intelligent and what's most important is that she is healthy and happy!

Yeah, I'm okay here. My 'visitor' didn't scare me...maybe next time I will offer it a coffee, hehe...
Much love,
jacy

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
You're all talking about your kids... I'm not even halfway to 19 yet.

Ah, also, here's a nice drawing of Dany, Jacy. Not done by me, of course, just my favorite image of her. Truly a princess.
edit on 20/5/2016 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

She is stoopid, and yes you are right, but they are worse than kids.

I ran both of the emails by the boss before sending them, and he endorsed both 100%, before I sent them out so he has my back. She is not aware of that, and does not think to do that herself before she sends emails.

As for the emails, they are just whinging, but replying in an inappropriate manner - to all staff, not just me. I will deal with them on Monday morning, and any others that come in over the weekend.

The boss may intervene anyway, I will see him tomorrow. He rates me, and we often have a moan/laugh about the staff and some of the stupid things that they say and do.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn

Ah, also, here's a nice drawing of Dany, Jacy. Not done by me, of course, just my favorite image of her. Truly a princess.

Hey Eilas...Well I met a guy who's 20, and we became friends. When he comes home from university we always meet up for coffee.
I told him age is not a factor in determining friendship and he agreed.

That picture is really pretty. Doesn't exactly look like the actress, but it's really gentle and delicate. Thank you.
I used to draw, mostly portraits. For a while I was actually getting paid for them too.
Now I prefer to write but I always appreciate another person's art.
jacy

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Bob, well at least you've got the support of your boss...and apparently he's already aware that they do and say stupid things.
I never wanted a position of authority, I'm #1 at being #2, lol. I'm a good helper...tell me what you want/need and I will get on it! I've never liked telling people what to do, probably because I don't like being told what to do, lol.

Don't let it ruin your weekend though. It can all be dealt with after you have a break.
jacy

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Oh, I know that better than almost anyone. It wasn't the point I was trying to make. Merely noting that all of you are relatively advanced in years, (aside from possibly Kaelci.)

One thing I do find strange is someone presumably forty at a minimum being interested in ASOIAF/GoT. Then again, the first book was released the year before I was born, so it isn't too inconceivable that someone following it from the start would still enjoy it.

Actually, the books I can understand, but the TV series...

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I have met some 19 year olds who are more mature than people much older. In fact there is a guy at work who is 20 and when I was drinking with him a week ago I asked how old he was, as I thought he was mid 20s at least, but he has a good head on his shoulders and is very switched on.

Age is just a number - remember that especially when you meet someone you like. I am younger than my wife and had to pester her as she kept telling me to go away and find someone younger, but I persevered.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

(((((hugs)))))

thanks, jacy.

I have The Shed as my refuge. And I will deal with it (silent sh) on Monday, and not before. Unfortunately I will see some of them tomorrow, but I will also drop a word in the shell like of the boss.

link   
Good morning, hope all is well! Here is some breakfast.

link   

I'd consider it an indicator rather than a number, but I understand your point. Personally, I am both very young and very old.

Haha, I am very unlucky in love. I doubt that will be a problem.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

That is a great drawing, can I use her for my Avatar lol

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

It only takes one encounter, and bam - you are done for the rest of your life.

Trust me on that, you will know - just be patient.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Oh, does anyone know if you can use colors more specific than the ones ATS offers? I'd like to use some relatively specific shades, but hexadecimal codes don't seem to work.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Gooood Morning my friends!

Hope this finds all well.

Bob: just reading what the recipients of the emails reactions are pretty much explains to me why they probably got them to begin with! Some people just don't think do they? No wonder you and your boss get such the chuckle...

Jacy: Have I mentioned how nice it is to have you back? I love your between the lines humor... I can just imagine how many things you say in real life that sails right over peoples heads! I keep meaning to tell you that I have skype as well if you ever want to chit chat that way. Care for a Bavarian Crème Donut fresh from the oven?

I was going to post my usual type of sunrise to start the day, but since this is the weekend and this picture really reminded me of something happening in the shed, I decided to share it instead.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Oh, I know that better than almost anyone. It wasn't the point I was trying to make. Merely noting that all of you are relatively advanced in years, (aside from possibly Kaelci.)

One thing I do find strange is someone presumably forty at a minimum being interested in ASOIAF/GoT. Then again, the first book was released the year before I was born, so it isn't too inconceivable that someone following it from the start would still enjoy it.

Actually, the books I can understand, but the TV series...

One thing you find out as you get into those 'advanced years' is that INSIDE you don't really change much.
If I was going to list the things I like anonymously...clothes, music, movies etc...you wouldn't be able to guess my age.

I haven't read the GoT books, but I'm a big sci-fi/fantasy fan, and that's what I write. I have a sci-fi book started that I'd love to finish one day.
Why wouldn't anyone 'older' like GoT? I get sick of this societal idea that getting older means you're supposed to act all virginal and timid.
My way of looking at it is that we are the people who have literally 'been there done that', and should be more bad-ass than prim and proper. I love GoT and the only part I don't like is the violence...but I've never liked watching people get tortured or killed so that's nothing new.
jacy

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Of course. It's not my drawing, and I doubt the artist would care. If you have issues getting it to fit properly, I should be able to help.

Though if you use it, we'll have two Danys here.

new topics

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join