It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American College of Pediatricians Says Reject Transgenderism

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Marriage - you guys trying to force marriage as between a man and a woman (oh and ignore the multiple divorces).
Schools? Trying to force Creationism on kids.

Shall I continue?

Actually, the people asking for Creationism in schools (Which I oppose) are very few and in small clusters in certain towns.

Obama just made a sweeping Federal Mandate, over people who pay LOCAL and STATES taxes to even fund those schools.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

(post by MysticPearl removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

Actually, the people asking for Creationism in schools (Which I oppose) are very few and in small clusters in certain towns.

Thanks. That shows that the number is dwindling which is a good thing. It shows that some of them realize that they are losing or understand the topic a little better. But some Republicans who hold offices can be powerful. That is why I am glad Cruz is out.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

LAMO. That's rich. We see the bigger picture and DO understand your and your people's concerns, which is why we are progressives! We work together to try to get society rolling forward. To try to improve and get better as a society. Conservatives are the ones who want to stick to the status quo and refuse to move forward.
edit on Tue May 17 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

There's something wrong with their mind. They deviate from the norm. They're not normal.
It's usually at this point we start throwing labels at people.. when they do deviate from the norm.

My point is, when on medication they function 100% normally too. Which was your whole f'ing point.. that transgender people function 100% normally after "transition". A "transition" is hardly a natural occurrence. Apparently.. at least according to you, they need massive medical intervention for them to function normally. Somewhat similar to being on medication..

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Religion and politics is a bad mix for both parties in this country and will be until we have open atheists and agnostics in office.

Right now either is a death sentence to a political career on either side.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

You don't know how much I agree with you. It's truly amazing that the politicians even had to talk about religions just to cater to the religious people. This is a secular nation!

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Having gone through medical training we had a guest lecturer that was an OB/GYN involved in transgender surgeries. He was not the actual surgeon but was involved with hormonal therapy. The people that had surgeries went through a battery of psychological and medical testing to even be considered. There is a true genotype/phenotype problem with all candidates accepted for surgery. Genotype being the genetic code responsible for a particular trait. Phenotype is the expression of that trait. Can be confusing. Example can be mice are mice. They have the same genotype. A gray mouse and white mouse have different phenotypes. Some where buried in the genetic code something happened.
The other theory IMHO has to do with the soul. For those who do not believe in the spiritual matters this explanation will have no meaning. There are many examples of reincarnation that have been substantiated. One being the Dali Lama.
I think sometimes the soul incarnates into the body but may not be ready for the gender for that lifetime. These are just a couple of thoughts to chew on.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

They are just playing around with words so that the movement wont freak out and get all mad. Its still in the diagnostic manual for disorders.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
American College of Paediatricians (ACP):

Human sexuality is an objective biological binary trait. No one is born with a gender. Everyone is born with a biological sex. Gender (an awareness and sense of oneself as male or female) is a sociological and psychological concept; not an objective biological one.

There are a number of things wrong with these statements from the ACP. One of the which is that it looks like dogma, and not scientific truisms. A simple case where the ACP states that human sexuality is 'this', and gender is 'that'...why, because they say it is.

The first statement that human sexuality is an objective biological binary trait is not a telling of the whole story. Sex determination does not end once the sex of a foetus takes the path to biological 'maleness' or 'femaleness'. Being born with either male or female reproductive organs does not in itself determine sexual orientation. Sexual orientation follows on later in life and is never 'fixed', but remains malleable through particular triggers of arousal, and these are provided by environmental stimuli.

Gender is not just a psychological or sociological issue. If it was, then the constant positive feedback of seeing of one's own sex organs would reinforce the issue, but it doesn't. Sexuality and gender are words being misappropriated here. ACP want to use the term 'sexuality' to pertain to the physical biological sex organs, and want to use the term 'gender' to represent the abstract sense of feeling either male or female. Unfortunately for the ACP, the term sexuality is equally abstract, but the term 'gender' is not.

For instance, suppose you are detective and are just being told that a human body has just been found. You would not ask what the sexuality of the body is, you would ask what is its sex, or even what is its gender? ACP's definitions are inappropriate. I should suggest that the term 'sexuality' is more apropos to the understanding of sexual orientation, rather than physical gender. Gender relates more to the physical characteristics than sexuality does.

Transgenderism is more to do with the chemical (hormonal) interplay inside the body, regardless whether or not the body has the physical gender of either male or female. What is it that enables us to feel our gender? What is it that orientates us to a particular gender? Clearly, the ACP do not know the answer to these questions, or if they do, they are purposefully obscuring them.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Ansuzrune

I have also mentioned reincarnation. If one has reincarnated many times as one gender then gets thrust into the opposite I can see how it might make one feel uncomfortable....but it doesn't mean they should change their gender and have sex change operation. In metaphysical terms the soul must need to reincarnate as the opposite to develop balanced outlook. But people mostly do not want to look at that.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
a reply to: Ansuzrune

I have also mentioned reincarnation. If one has reincarnated many times as one gender then gets thrust into the opposite I can see how it might make one feel uncomfortable....but it doesn't mean they should change their gender and have sex change operation. In metaphysical terms the soul must need to reincarnate as the opposite to develop balanced outlook. But people mostly do not want to look at that.

I was brought up with reincarnation. I don't see it that way.

Energy consciousness - - - and physical packaging. 2 different things IMO.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   

The old Star Trek teleportation argument

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire
American College of Paediatricians (ACP).

AMERICAN COLLEGE OF PEDIATRICIANS DEFAMES GAYS AND LESBIANS IN THE NAME OF PROTECTING CHILDREN

Along with NARTH, a deceptively named pediatricians’ group is a second primary source used vilify gay people. The National Association for Research and Therapy of Homosexuality (NARTH) is not the only game in town when it comes to providing “scientific” support for anti-gay groups. The American College of Pediatricians (ACPeds) has done as much to defame gays and lesbians, all in the name of protecting children. A professional organization for socially conservative pediatricians and healthcare professionals, the group has taken a number of hard-line positions when it comes to LGBT rights, advocating for a prohibition against adoption rights for same-sex couples and also offering high praise for reparative therapy. www.splcenter.org...

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

They are just playing around with words so that the movement wont freak out and get all mad. Its still in the diagnostic manual for disorders.

Actually, the reasons are provided in the link I posted and DSM-5 is the manual.

The claim was that DSM-5 classifies transgenderism as a mental illness. The claim is false.

edit on 5/16/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

The old Star Trek teleportation argument

Hey, I thought you went to bed

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   

New_here was but yeah I should be going to bed LOL.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I was fairly certain the source was faulty when I clicked on it. I came back here and saw kaylaluv had it right off the bat.

Bad source=bad thread=questionable OP.

Don't post crap and expect a good reaction.

edit on 17-5-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join