It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American College of Pediatricians Says Reject Transgenderism

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimbo999
a reply to: Gryphon66
You have reading comprehension issues?
"What does this have to do with trans
Issues??" you asked.
"Everything" - I replied.
If you cannot grasp that this is not a real issue, and is merely a social construct injected into the social discourse for nefarious purposes, I can't help you as you have been well and truly fooled. The very fact that you are convinced it really is an "issue" proves my very point.

Yeah ...*I'm* the one with reading comprehension issues. Drop the ham-handed attempts at ad hom, eh?

I say you're a social construct ... along with your misplaced beliefs about others' right to privacy.

Since you apparently think that the only thing you need to be right is your own declaration, right back atcha: I declare that you are mistaken.

You are the one who is under the influence of a "social engineering experiment" to cause you to focus on meaningless, trivial details that don't truly concern you. You are the one blinded by Illuminati attempts to take away basic human dignity, not I.

(See how that works?)

edit on 17-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Your concepts and assumptions about what a government "does" appear somewhat naive and childish. I dont know how old you are, but I would hazard a guess that you are another hapless victim of the modern "social justice" educational system. Unfortunately, these lines of regressive thinking are rapidly becoming widely and systematically condemened by both educational experts and psychologists. Social Marxism and social engineering is NOT a healthy way to view the world, nor to run an educational system.
How you "feel" does not trump logic, and it does not supercede the rights of the majority.

edit on 17-5-2016 by jimbo999 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: jimbo999

Like Gryphon said, one could say that religious people have psychological problems, because there is no physical proof their religion is based on anything real - and yet we think religious rights are so important. Maybe all religious people should be required to have counselling and psychiatric help to rid them of their false beliefs instead?

Oh and can you provide any proof that governments are trying to convince children as young as four that they could be transgender? I'm not even going to ask you to prove they are trying to bring down Western Democracies, because frankly, that's a little coo coo. Maybe some counselling is in order?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Illuminati?? Lol!! Funny stuff.

I can see rationality is not your strong suit.
Continue to believe your governments agenda.
The choice is all yours.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Your concepts and assumptions about ehat a government "does" appear somewhat naive and childish. I dont know how old you are, but I would hazard a guess that you are another hapless victim of the modern "social justice" educational system. Unfortunately, these lines of regressive thinking are rapidly becoming widely and systematically condemened by both educational experts and psychologists. Social Marxism and social engineering is NOT a healthy way to view the world, nor to run an educational system.
How you "feel" does not trump logic, and it does not supercede the rights of the majority.

Thankfully I am not the topic of the conversation. Do you conceive somehow that I care about what you think about me?

Be advised: I do not.

You've proven absolutely diddly-squat here, and now you're trying to dodge the question entirely by falling back on your presumed knowledge and wisdom.

Your thesis, such as it is, is that the fight for trans* privacy and equal rights is social engineering, and I'm agreeing with you, however, I'm stating that it is YOUR take on the matter that is constructed, that you believe that people who are merely seeking to live out their own lives as they choose causing harm to none are within your purview to comment on (and legislate for) is because you have been brainwashed by those NWO Agents of the Super Secret Illuminati (That Everyone Seems to Know About).

You think that your parochial, narrow-minded way of looking at the world is the CORRECT one. I'm so sorry that They've gotten access to you too.

(PS: I haven't made any claims about how I "feel" and, at least in America, we respect the equal rights of all, not just "the majority." So maybe dial the presumptuous asinine assumptions back a bit, eh?)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   

The choice is all yours.

Oh yeah ... "NWO" is full gospel but "Illuminati" is just craaazy.

You're funny.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   

This doesn't matter.. people are DEAD SERIOUS about their "waifus" too. Just as serious as the people in love with dolls, or the people that dress up as dolls. It doesn't matter if we're talking about feeling like you're a dragon or feeling like you're a woman. The fact is, it's a delusion either way. These feelings are delusional, but whether the specific delusion is of a fictional nature or not doesn't really matter. They can still be dead serious about it, so do we cater to such delusions or do we acknowledge it as deviant behaviour? Because at this point we're encouraging this delusional behaviour, hell, we're even brainwashing people to be afraid to point out the obvious reality of a situation. Identity and feelings does not dictate reality.

You don't think other deviants are crawling out of the woodworks already? They smell the scent of conservative blood and want a piece, anything to make the pain of being really, really weird stop. A target to vent their angst, logic rarely comes into it, only half assed relativistic rationalisations by their progressive benefactors. Feelings are primary here.. besides, those asshole conservatives probably locked them into lockers in high school.

All I'm wondering is when will the gates of hell open to flood our World with demons? I've been waiting for a while now.. kind of bummed out about the long wait..

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv
Proof? Try Googling it. It was a big news story in the UK just a few weeks ago.
Who mentioned religion? I am not religious at all. I find it amusing that regressives always assume people who do not buy into their Marxist rhetoric must therefore be "religious". Talk about generalizations.

Social engineering seems to "far out" or kooky for you? Again, do a little research. I am not doing it for you. Ignorance is bliss they say...

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Like Gryphon said, one could say that religious people have psychological problems, because there is no physical proof their religion is based on anything real - and yet we think religious rights are so important. Maybe all religious people should be required to have counselling and psychiatric help to rid them of their false beliefs instead?

Oh and can you provide any proof that governments are trying to convince children as young as four that they could be transgender? I'm not even going to ask you to prove they are trying to bring down Western Democracies, because frankly, that's a little coo coo. Maybe some counselling is in order?

You say in so few and such eloquent words what needs to be said.

Perhaps if we broke out the tired platitudes and maxims some folks would understand?

Maybe: "what's good for the goose is good for the gander"?

If trans* folks are crazy, I think it's very clear that religious folks are. Maybe I don't trust Christians in the bathroom with my kids, eh? A lot of them (as opposed to a lot of trans* folks) actually ARE known pedophiles.

Why, there oughta be a law ...

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod

This doesn't matter.. people are DEAD SERIOUS about their "waifus" too. Just as serious as the people in love with dolls, or the people that dress up as dolls. It doesn't matter if we're talking about feeling like you're a dragon or feeling like you're a woman. The fact is, it's a delusion either way. These feelings are delusional, but whether the specific delusion is of a fictional nature or not doesn't really matter. They can still be dead serious about it, so do we cater to such delusions or do we acknowledge it as deviant behaviour? Because at this point we're encouraging this delusional behaviour, hell, we're even brainwashing people to be afraid to point out the obvious reality of a situation. Identity and feelings does not dictate reality.

You don't think other deviants are crawling out of the woodworks already? They smell the scent of conservative blood and want a piece, anything to make the pain of being really, really weird stop. A target to vent their angst, logic rarely comes into it, only half assed relativistic rationalisations by their progressive benefactors. Feelings are primary here.. besides, those asshole conservatives probably locked them into lockers in high school.

All I'm wondering is when will the gates of hell open to flood our World with demons? I've been waiting for a while now.. kind of bummed out about the long wait..

Let's cut to the nitty-gritty and save some time and screen space.

You want to impose your understanding of the world (and trans* folks) on the rest of us. You have the right to believe whatever wild nonsense you wish. Call whomever you wish a "deviant" in your own private thoughts. Etc.

We're not going to let you rule the world anymore. You're going to have to get over that.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Do you belief religious people have the right to be religious? Or is it a psychological problem that should not be catered to?

I didn't say social engineering was kooky. I said the idea of the government trying to bring down western democracies was kooky.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

LOL ... I overlooked your line "the scent of conservative blood"?

Wow, you really tipped your hand here.

This is really that simplistic for you, isn't it?

It's a matter of conservative vs. liberal, good guys vs. bad guys, ideology against ideology?

I fear you too have fallen to the NWO's social engineering.

I suggest an alternative.

Live your life the way you want. Accept that you are in a world with billions of others who simply want to do the same thing.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

The choice is all yours.

Do you even read news reports other than from the mainream US media? It appears not. If you did, you would have a better grasp on what I'm referring to.
Feel free to remain uniformed. It's entirely your choice. If however you did attempt to round out your understanding of global news and political issues occuring right now in other countries, you would understand exactly what I mean. This has nothing to do with "trans rights" or how people do or don't "feel".
It's your call. I am not here to babysit anyone.
You're funny.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

The choice is all yours.

Do you even read news reports other than from the mainream US media? It appears not. If you did, you would have a better grasp on what I'm referring to.
Feel free to remain uniformed. It's entirely your choice. If however you did attempt to round out your understanding of global news and political issues occuring right now in other countries, you would understand exactly what I mean. This has nothing to do with "trans rights" or how people do or don't "feel".
It's your call. I am not here to babysit anyone.
You're funny.

You still want to talk about your ideas about me. Why is that?

You're just repeating over and over that you're right and I'm wrong while providing no evidence.

And now you're jamming your fingers into your ears so you can hear yourself mo' better.

Bon appetit, mon cher.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Let's summarize.

Trans* people exist.

They have the same rights as all Americans.

One of those is the right to privacy.

We get to use the bathroom that fits our gender, the same as you do.

It's not up for debate.

edit on 17-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

link   
a reply to: Metallicus

In the current draft of the DSM Gender Dysphoria is downgraded from a 'disorder' to 'Dysphoria'.

"it also removes the connotation that the patient is “disordered.”

Link: DSM-V Gender Dysphoria

As you will see from reading the text there is a clear recognition that the main problems with gender dysphoria are associated with the stigma attached to people with mental illnesses and the latest change to the classification is a deliberate attempt to address the stigma.

Gender Dysphoria will continue to be listed in the DSM as long as it is a recognized condition that may require medical treatment and to allow patients who require treatment access to insurance to cover the cost.

link   
Quita reply to: Gryphon66

Quite the contrary actually: There will a new man in the White House soon - and sensible people will no longer be letting regressive marxists rule the world any more. The days of the SJW are done I'm afraid. You are about to go the way of the dinosaur.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   

No, you guys are trying to impose your misunderstanding of the World on others, and actually legislate it. We're talking about the reality of things; not the "feelings", not the "identity". We're pointing out the relativism, we're pointing out the cultural Marxism behind it, and behind that we're pointing out the "hidden hand of history".

No one wants to deny these people any of their rights, so what's the problem? The problem is we don't want to buy into their delusion, and we don't like being bullied into buying into their delusions just because they FEEL so.

Young people need to have a door slammed into their face for once. Because at this point things are getting out of hand. Don't agree? Read this article and tell me young people aren't brainwashed entitled crybabies.

www.claremont.org...

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Quita reply to: Gryphon66

Quite the contrary actually: There will a new man in the White House soon - and sensible people will no longer be letting regressive marxists rule the world any more. The days of the SJW are done I'm afraid. You are about to go the way of the dinosaur.

Who? Trump?

Unlikely, but even so, as we keep pointing out he's in favor of trans* rights.

Don't count your brontosauruses before they hatch, bud, LOL.

Just out of curiosity though ... how do you think "your man" is going to keep people from believing what they wish, and saying what they wish? i.e. you know, all that you and your right-wing comrades want to write off to "SJW" so generically?

What's he going to do? Put us in camps? Cut out our tongues and break our fingers?

How do you think your Hero is going to "shut us up" exactly?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Which bathroom you use is however is very much up for debate. Better get used to it.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join