It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American College of Pediatricians Says Reject Transgenderism

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod
a reply to: Annee

Schizophrenic and bipolar people on the right medications function normally also. What's your point?

In both cases they need outside assistance in the form of either medication or extreme surgery.

But if these professionals were to view it as anything but what is politically expedient they would in fact be considered hateful, which would probably come with a side dish of complementary attacks by social justice warriors.

What if these people had strong enough minds for them to endure and deal with their psychological issues instead?
When dealing with plastic surgery we always talk about how maybe people should deal with their insecurities instead of getting bigger breasts.. why isn't this view valid when dealing with transgender people? I think they're entitled. I think all young people are entitled scumbags. They need to learn that not every aspect of reality will cater to their whim. In fact, I think they need to be whipped. If these transgender people were whipped every time they indulged in these petty and selfish dramas I'm sure we wouldn't hear as much from them.

I long for the ancient days when the masses were wantonly slaughtered by the whims of tyrants. This is what people deserve I think. If people act like worthless sheep, they'll be treated like worthless sheep. I think freedom is overrated when it is squandered by animals. I sure hope "the Illuminati" can put these animals in line, at this point it is what they deserve.

Wow, is this a real post? Your views are terrifying.
Long term conditioning won, humanity lost.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: SmurfRider

Schizophrenic and bipolar people on the right medications function normally also. What's your point?

In both cases they need outside assistance in the form of either medication or extreme surgery.

But if these professionals were to view it as anything but what is politically expedient they would in fact be considered hateful, which would probably come with a side dish of complementary attacks by social justice warriors.

What if these people had strong enough minds for them to endure and deal with their psychological issues instead?
When dealing with plastic surgery we always talk about how maybe people should deal with their insecurities instead of getting bigger breasts.. why isn't this view valid when dealing with transgender people? I think they're entitled. I think all young people are entitled scumbags. They need to learn that not every aspect of reality will cater to their whim. In fact, I think they need to be whipped. If these transgender people were whipped every time they indulged in these petty and selfish dramas I'm sure we wouldn't hear as much from them.

I long for the ancient days when the masses were wantonly slaughtered by the whims of tyrants. This is what people deserve I think. If people act like worthless sheep, they'll be treated like worthless sheep. I think freedom is overrated when it is squandered by animals. I sure hope "the Illuminati" can put these animals in line, at this point it is what they deserve.

I left the building in response to the original post.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

I hope you left the planet.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: SmurfRider

meh, I thought it made sense. As long as he includes himself in the slaughter, I can live with it.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: SmurfRider

Oh wow, illustrated for wt#

I'm sure some of the same people who happily rallied around Hitler or Stalin at the time who readily(as opposed to forced into) thought. However, their reality was meant with execution, gassing or sent to the gulag.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
What do YOU think?

If someone is a male but thinks that they are a female, they're mentally ill.
If someone is a female but thinks that they are a male, they're mentally ill.

If a person has an imbalance of chemicals in their brain that causes them to be chronically depressed, it's considered a mental illness. If a person hears voices that aren't really there, it's considered a mental illness. And yet, when a person is so uncomfortable in their own body that they feel the need to mutilate themselves in order to imitate the opposite sex, it's considered "brave" or "heroic". It's all a disgusting perversion of nature in my own opinion. And no, you're not special. How many overweight people feel uncomfortable in their own skin, or ashamed of themselves? How many people who were injured or disabled are embarrassed to go out in public? You think those people don't wish their bodies were different?

Rates of suicide are twenty times greater among adults who use cross-sex hormones and undergo sex reassignment surgery, even in Sweden which is among the most LGBQT – affirming countries.

Yeah, that's what happens when you cater to delusions instead of treating it like the mental illness it is. The fact alone that the suicide rate is 20 times higher with these people should be telling enough.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

What do YOU think?

If someone is a male but thinks that they are a female, they're mentally ill.
If someone is a female but thinks that they are a male, they're mentally ill.

If a person has an imbalance of chemicals in their brain that causes them to be chronically depressed, it's considered a mental illness. If a person hears voices that aren't really there, it's considered a mental illness. And yet, when a person is so uncomfortable in their own body that they feel the need to mutilate themselves in order to imitate the opposite sex, it's considered "brave" or "heroic". It's all a disgusting perversion of nature in my own opinion. And no, you're not special. How many overweight people feel uncomfortable in their own skin, or ashamed of themselves? How many people who were injured or disabled are embarrassed to go out in public? You think those people don't wish their bodies were different?

Rates of suicide are twenty times greater among adults who use cross-sex hormones and undergo sex reassignment surgery, even in Sweden which is among the most LGBQT – affirming countries.

Yeah, that's what happens when you cater to delusions instead of treating it like the mental illness it is. The fact alone that the suicide rate is 20 times higher with these people should be telling enough.

You know youre living up to that user name.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Yeah? So If I decide that I'm a cat trapped in a human body and demand to be given a human-sized litterbox to do my business in, will you stand up for my bravery or will you think there's something wrong with me?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
a reply to: yuppa

Yeah? So If I decide that I'm a cat trapped in a human body and demand to be given a human-sized litterbox to do my business in, will you stand up for my bravery or will you think there's something wrong with me?

Well arent you a big kitty. want a scratching post?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

The American College of Pediatricians is a small right wing conservative group. They have from 60 to 200 members.

Try the American Academy of Pediatrics.They have 60,000 pediatricians as members. I think they have some different views.

So wait. Let's assume all 60,000 members of the AAP agree on transgenderism. So the tiny ACP has between .1% and .333% of the members, and they all view transgenderism in the way explained in the OP...

You're right, why would we ever believe and cater our decisions based on what such a minuscule minority thinks and feels... You, for example, would NEVER advocate doing that /sarc

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Achilles92x

Ummm, we're talking about a group of doctors who sometimes make the difference between life and death with their opinions on treatments. Not the same as talking about civil rights for a group of people that might not have large numbers in their population.

Nice try though.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   
There seems to be the (intentional?) misunderstanding among some here that being trans* is just whimsical or trivial.

As if a person just woke up one day and said to themselves "hey, I need some extra attention today, I think I'll pretend to be the opposite gender. I don't have enough problems in my life, so I'm going to do something that will bring a whole rash of crap down on me from the great majority of society. You know, just for today."

This completely ignores the fact that to be considered gender dysphoric requires a long-term pattern of self-identification and self-analysis.

Being trans* (and/or gender dysphoric) means that in the innermost self one feels/senses/believes themselves to be the opposite gender.

Someone tried to make the case above that there are only two options for human gender which is preposterous. The great majority of us have at least one or two behaviors or characteristics that "belong to" the other gender at least culturally.

Yes, of course, "feeling that you're in the wrong body" (a gross oversimplification of reality, but whatever) could be indicative of a mental illness. Let's be real about that possibility. Trans* folk are just as likely as gay folk or straight folk or religious folk or political folk or highly-emotional folk to have mental/emotional problems.

For example, my religious beliefs tell me that I am specially called by God to bring justice to the world by killing those I think are sinners.

The problem is not, per se, with my religious beliefs, but with the fact that I apparently don't understand that murder is wrong.

There are straight schizophrenics, gay psychotics, and religious neurotics who are caused great discomfort in their lives because of some aspect of themselves ...
But that doesn't mean that being straight, or being gay, or being religious or being trans* per se, demonstrates an illness.

And for goodness sakes, comparing folks who "believe" themselves to be a dragon or a fox to someone who is trans* is just tired rhetoric.

We acknowledge many identifying characteristics in our culture that have no firm physical or material basis as being "real. "

To repeatedly point gender identity out (as many people still do with sexual orientation) and claim that alone makes us insane is more indicative of the biases of the person making the claim than anything else.

Sorry, the world is not built, for all of us, on your tiny dichotomous sense of "right and wrong."

If it doesn't involve you, it's none of your business. You're not the Pee Police.

Get over yourself.
edit on 17-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Well, it's what people are gonna get if they keep up this ridiculous performance.

If they are stupid enough to be enslaved and fooled so easily, I think they deserve it. I mean the way politicians act, you can't make this stuff up.. yet people are going about their business as usual. They're hopelessly brainwashed, basically clamouring for their chains. Nothing ever perturbs their stupor.. they're wasted potential. Humanity already lost the game. We're chattel.. you think this is our planet? Pfft.... liberals want to talk about every stupid issue under the sun, but they'll never directly attack the control system and its attendants.. instead they vote for them.

Fine, go about your business then. But don't complain to me when they actually bring the police state online, don't complain to me when tyranny goes high tech. Humanity have made its bed, sooner or later they'll have to lie in it. But don't be surprised if it's full of corpses.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Well, it's what people are gonna get if they keep up this ridiculous performance.

If they are stupid enough to be enslaved and fooled so easily, I think they deserve it. I mean the way politicians act, you can't make this stuff up.. yet people are going about their business as usual. They're hopelessly brainwashed, basically clamouring for their chains. Nothing ever perturbs their stupor.. they're wasted potential. Humanity already lost the game. We're chattel.. you think this is our planet? Pfft.... liberals want to talk about every stupid issue under the sun, but they'll never directly attack the control system and its attendants.. instead they vote for them.

Fine, go about your business then. But don't complain to me when they actually bring the police state online, don't complain to me when tyranny goes high tech. Humanity have made its bed, sooner or later they'll have to lie in it. But don't be surprised if it's full of corpses.

What are YOU doing to "attack the control system and its attendants"?

Actually nevermind: What does any of that have to do with trans* issues?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74
Absolutely. You didn't know that?

2nd

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

1: He's announcing it exists right here on ATS

2. Everything. "Trans Issues" are NOT an issue at all. It's simply another social engineering construct. You have been fooled.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimbo999

1: He's announcing it exists right here on ATS

2. Everything. "Trans Issues" are NOT an issue at all. It's simply another social engineering construct. You have been fooled.

1. Are you Laughing God's spokesman?

2. Obviously, trans* issues are an issue. We're talking about it. Trying to deny this as merely a "social engineering construct" is ludicrous. What could not be said to fit into such a vague, meaningless, catch-all term?

According to you "everything." If that's true (it's not in any meaningful way) then all realities, all cultural values, etc. are engineered, INCLUDING the belief among some that they are "standing like a candle in the dark" against an overwhelmingly ignorant world.

LOL. Try again.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Actually it DOES involve us - as now the gov. is trying to force the issue on us via washrooms, showers etc.

The people you describe need counciling, perhaps psychiatric help as well. It must be difficult I'm sure. But it is not a "right" at all. It's a psychological issue. Governments trying to convince children as young as four that they could be "transgender" is outrageous and dangerous. Obviously there is an agenda here - and it has nothing to do with "rights". It's a social engineering experiment of dubious and ominous origins that is part of the NWO's plan to weaken, disrupt, and eventually bring down Western Democracies.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimbo999
Actually it DOES involve us - as now the gov. is trying to force the issue on us via washrooms, showers etc.

The people you describe need counciling, perhaps psychiatric help as well. It must be difficult I'm sure. But it is not a "right" at all. It's a psychological issue. Governments trying to convince children as young as four that they could be "transgender" is outrageous and dangerous. Obviously there is an agenda here - and it has nothing to do with "rights". It's a social engineering experiment of dubious and ominous origins that is part of the NWO's plan to weaken, disrupt, and eventually bring down Western Democracies.

You make it a habit to check out other's "genital status" in the restroom? That seems like your own problem.

Sadly, our government routinely has to step in to keep us from mistreating each other, and harming each other. That's one of the things that government "does."

"The people I describe" ? So, you believe that you have the .. what credentials, understanding, intellect (not to mention, apparently, "right") to make such a summary judgement for millions of Americans ... based on what, exactly?

Your belief that someone doesn't have the "right" to live their lives according to the dictates of their own conscience and self-understanding?

People don't have the same "right" to privacy as other cisgendered Americans (which simply means, they get to use the bathroom of the gender they are?)

Your argument defeats itself.

Blata blata NWO. Off-topic but I'll play for a moment. How do you know that your take on the matter is not the result of a "dangerous experiments by mind-control engineers" yourself? How is it that you are immune? If there is as wide-spread a phenomenon as you're suggesting ... you're just as caught up in it as anyone and you're playing the "role" you've been "assigned."

Stop worrying about what others are doing in the bathroom; mind your own business, let them tend to theirs.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   
You have reading comprehension issues?
"What does this have to do with trans
Issues??" you asked.
"Everything" - I replied.
If you cannot grasp that this is not a real issue, and is merely a social construct injected into the social discourse for nefarious purposes, I can't help you as you have been well and truly fooled. The very fact that you are convinced it really is an "issue" proves my very point.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join