It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American College of Pediatricians Says Reject Transgenderism

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: ketsuko

"She says her name is Anne Coulter and that she's a female but I just... I just can't be sure. Her hands are huge. Please send help quickly! Society is in immediate danger of being upended."

Thats not male or female, she is Political Talking Head Encarnate

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Hahaha. You nailed it. Both sides use propaganda to try and support their view. I think what it comes down to is that, biologically, you are either a boy or a girl. And mentally, a person can can have dysphoria and confusion because well, look at society, people are teaching ignorant sexually and puberty vulnerable children that if you think you're gay then you're gay, and if you think you're a girl your a girl. Now kids are growing up confused and mentally ill. When in reality, if you're a boy, you're a boy. These people with gender dysphoria do not show any genetic or mental signs as to why they feel that way. That's because it's environmental. It's all a choice. Yhe veteran gays and transsexuals want to fit in with society because there has always been a struggle for them. Well because, naturally, it's counterproductive to the human race. So they try to make people think it's 'who you are,' when really, subconsciously, they are choosing that life style. It's all their thoughts, then their personal actions. Just cause you're a child turning sixteen and turning new leaves I life, which can cause general confusion, doesn't mean you're a tranny, non-binary, or gay. People may want you to pin it on that for their own agenda, but that's not the case most of the time. The world is sick. I have gay family members and transsexual acquaintances btw so I'm not subjective like most people on here who have an agenda. I'm on the side lines. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand, but it takes delusions to make excuses.

a reply to: schuyler

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Gender dysphoria is clearly a mental illness and is in fact defined as such by the American Psychiatric Association in the DSM-5 if certain criteria are met. I am not sure why we are supposed to cater to these people.

You have a catering business and you must cater to a transgender party? I bet they tip well, you should feel lucky

However, if you really DO have a catering business, you must cater to a transgender or gay party or you get fined
edit on 16-5-2016 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
In an attempt at being honest.

This transgender issue isn't important enough to garner as much attention as it's getting. This issue is indicative of what discourse has turned into on both sides. Find any hot button issue you can poke the other side with for an extended period of time and have at it.

Sorry, but I don't ever recall this being a big issue until recently. Me personally, I don't really care who uses what bathrooms. It's just not even close to being important enough to focus so much attention on.

But have at it. Go to www.I'mright.com to back up your silly positions and have your silly debates about silly topics.
It's clearly what the OP did.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: GD21D

This transgender issue isn't important enough to garner as much attention as it's getting.

Yeah, and who made it an issue?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

However, if you really DO have a catering business, you must cater to a transgender or gay party or you get fined

Yes, it's called the commerce clause. Look it up sometime.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

This transgender issue isn't important enough to garner as much attention as it's getting.

I don't really care... Both sides are fully participating.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I don't really care... Both sides are fully participating.

Sure, and if trans people had just been left alone, there wouldn't be an issue.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

www.ifge.org...

For the adult criteria, we propose, on a preliminary basis, the requirement of only 2 indicators. This is based on a preliminary secondary data analysis of 154 adolescent and adults patients with GID compared to 684 controls (Deogracias et al., 2007; Singh et al., 2010). From a 27-item dimensional measure of gender dysphoria, the Gender Identity/Gender Dysphoria Questionnaire for Adolescents and Adults (GIDYQ), we extracted five items that correspond to the proposed A2-A6 indicators (we could not extract a corresponding item for A1). Each item was rated on a 5-point response scale, ranging from Never to Always, with the past 12 months as the time frame. For the current analysis, we coded a symptom as present if the participant endorsed one of the two most extreme response options (frequently or always) and as absent if the participant endorsed one of the three other options (never, rarely, sometimes). This yielded a true positive rate of 94.2% and a false positive rate of 0.7%. Because the wording of the items on the GIDYQ is not identical to the wording of the proposed indicators, further validational work will be required during field trials.

Just stories...with real life implications

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I'm not quite sure why as thinking adults we can't figure this out. I don't know why this is such a big mystery.

Bulimia and anorexia are both types of dysmorphias. They are both considered a mental illness.
People with these types of dysmorphias believe that they are fat. They can be deathly thin and still believe that they are obese and need to lose more weight. They know that they wear a size 0, they know that all of their clothes hang off of their skeletal frames lika a sack, and still they think they are fat.

I don't think it is a huge stretch to conclude that transgender people are suffering from some type of dysmorphia. A man thinks he is really a woman. He knows he has a penis like other males, but he refuses to believe that he is indeed a male.

So we have a person that weighs 80 pounds that thinks they are obese, and they are classified as having a mental illness. We have a man with a penis that thinks he is a woman and he is considered to NOT have a mental illness. Come on people.....THINK!!

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Oh no!? You don't say? It's been labelled hateful by the SPLC, stop the press! Well, I guess we've got no other choice but to ignore what they have to say then.. they're hateful as defined by postmodern relativists. We better check ourselves lest we be defined as hateful too. Maybe check our privilege? Would that be the proper response in this situation? I just don't know what is correct anymore, better check with a SPLC commissar.

Is this the thought process that goes behind your myopic perspective?

Am I a Dark Elf if that's how I identify? Would you consider me a Dark Elf? Please? I need you and society to respect my identity or I might not be able to live with myself anymore..

These people deviate from normal behaviour, their disorder should be seen as such if only just for 'taxonomical' reasons. Their feelings be damned. Otherwise we might as well throw the DSM-V in the dumpster. After all, why should mentally ill people not be spared their feelings of otherness? No one in the progressive lemming horde ever wants to talk about the mentally ill as a special interest group.. why is that? Because they're conformists and they need the movement and people in general to take up this fight before they're willing to. Some specific group needs to be made into a target of oppression as defined by the progressive intelligentsia.

What's the next target of your overlords I ask? Otakus with waifus?

You people are too much.. bunch of god damn sheep.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon

originally posted by: Metallicus

Gender dysphoria is clearly a mental illness and is in fact defined as such by the American Psychiatric Association in the DSM-5 if certain criteria are met. I am not sure why we are supposed to cater to these people.

Do we not cater for others with "mental illnesses"

Do we validate their delusions though? Really.. you managed to miss the difference there?

I don't know.. I don't think people deserve the right to vote at this point. Democracy was a failed experiment.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod
Democracy was a failed experiment.

We're not a Democracy.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: newsoul

We have a man with a penis that thinks he is a woman and he is considered to NOT have a mental illness. Come on people.....THINK!!

Like homosexuality?

Attraction to same gender, but functions 100% normally in life? THINK.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

A right-wing hate group masquerading as a professional body, try harder to find sources with CREDIBILITY next time.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

No, one credible group uses a system of criteria to establish when a fake group masquerading as a professional body makes claims based on nothing but hate and ignorance, and identifies them as such using that recognized criteria.

You can claim it's "unfair" all you like, this is a hate group, it's recognized as a hate group, their intention is to pass themselves off as a professional body when it's nothing more than a bunch of far-right evangelical ignoramuses attempting to use propaganda to bolster the already ignorant views of incredibly ignorant people.

And it seems to work on some of the less intelligent ATS members.

The motto here is deny ignorance, but once again the truly ignorant positively embrace it when it suits their hatred of others.
edit on 16-5-2016 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-5-2016 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

it's like Schrödinger's penis!) and it didn't hurt me one little bit.....

" When I got into a public restroom, I do what I went in there to do and I don't concern myself with crap

Ok...glad to know your toilet habits

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Here's a novel thought!

Why not leave the issue with the individual and the parents!

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

The ACP made a common sense statement, and you posted it (S&F for that), so I expect to see a lot of nasty comments as a result.

It IS common sense. People are either male or female, and anyone that thinks otherwise has a head problem, and needs treatment. We don't coddle some dude that thinks he's Napoleon, and I don't see any difference. The pediatricians care about the children. The politicians and lobbyists? Not so much. I know who I trust, between the two!

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I think I'd trust the 60,000 pediatricians who agree with the current standard treatment of transgender youth before I'd trust the 60 or so who don't agree.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join