It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Bust Largest Food Stamp Fraud Operation in U.S. History

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
There are shelters that take homeless people's food stamps and give them DONATED food. This is a problem with people, not Obama.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: paradoxious

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: xuenchen

So it is somehow Obama's fault that people are abusing a system?
Ya, never happened before Obama, you are right.

If gun manufacturers can be sued under the presumption they are somehow responsible for the actions of an individual with their weapons, why can't Obama be held responsible for the abuse of policy enacted during his tenure and the actions of others?

YEP!

YEP!

When applying 'liberal' logic to liberals. They say 'not fair'.

But have no problems doing it to anyone else.

But don't stop there.

It's how we have 'gun control' too.

Everyone is 'responsible' for the actions of the few.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Geez people.
It does say, right in the article, that the Obama admin, EXTENDED the snap to include flea market vendors. As in, it DIDNT used to.

And honestly, while there is always some type of fraud going on, this does make it easier. It isn't an actual store.
edit on 16-5-2016 by chiefsmom because: spelling as usual

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Meanwhile Verizon got a tax refund of 732 million dollars in 2015.

Absolutely punish the people abusing the new program but that program is a good one. It's critically important to get fresh food to impoverished areas and make that fresh food purchasable with food stamps.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Some conservatives on ATS will find anything to blame on Obama. Conservatives would blame him if someone released gas in a convention hall filled with thousands of people.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

That didn't create the ability for people to scam the system, it was just these people that decided to do it.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Of course this had to happen in South Flori-duh.

Not surprising.

I used to go to the Opa-Locka flea market when i was a kid. I remember it smelling like fish.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Oh wow, I believe the flds polygamist cult is still on trial for around 12 million.

Looks like our tax dollars are being used well, eh?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

So Obama made the store owners illegally take benefits from the people?
What exact measures were in place before Obama that he lifted that would have prevented this?

Um... before, you could not use the EBT card at flea markets and convenient stores. You may want to look into this a bit before commenting.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Liberal logic? I guess any logic is better than no logic, amirite conservatives?

Facts, logic, common sense all escape you and I'm sure it's Obamas fault too.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

So that made the people take advantage of it? Or should we just let the possibility of criminals doing something dictate what we do?

Why do you all want to shift the blame? The people at fault here are the ones that did something illegal.

Maybe read what I responding to, poster said there should have been a crime prevention measure.
edit on thMon, 16 May 2016 13:02:49 -0500America/Chicago520164980 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

edit on thMon, 16 May 2016 13:05:06 -0500America/Chicago520160680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I imagine food stamps get abused everywhere. Wouldn't be hard to buy a friends groceries and have him give you the cash for them, then just go eat at a soup kitchen.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Failure one was thinking flea market vendors could be trusted.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Wonder if the IRS will be getting into this soon?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Geez people.
It does say, right in the article, that the Obama admin, EXTENDED the snap to include flea market vendors. As in, it DIDNT used to.

And honestly, while there is always some type of fraud going on, this does make it easier. It isn't an actual store.

Very true. The Obama Administration has enabled this further fraud to take place by extending SNAP to flea market vendors. This particular fraud did not happen before because flea market vendors were not eligible. So yes, it is Obama's Fault in the sense that his administration made the change to enable the fraud. Is he personally responsible? He likely just went along with what his advisors told him, but as the head of state, yes, he is responsible just like the Captain of a sinking ship is responsible even if he did not directly make the hole that made the ship sink.

Should his administration have anticipated this type of fraud? I doubt they were thinking that deeply. They acted from idealism and the hope that this change would get more food to people who needed it. It didn't, of course, any more than spending a trillion dollars a year on welfare eliminates poverty. It just increases dependence. But that's on purpose. All hail the great Government as your personal Savior!
edit on 5/16/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Liberal logic? I guess any logic is better than no logic, amirite conservatives?

Oh, come on. You can make a better argument than that... can't you?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Where are all those poor Obama voters going to get their crack coc aine, cigarettes, booze, new cell phones, sneakers and big screen tvs from now?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I agree with the program... instead of the food stamps being used at walmarts for what is probably lesser quality food manufactured in big corporate farms and food manufacturers.. it's being used to buy local produce grown by local farmers, usually small family farms. and it's been found that in many ways, locally grown food is much healthier for you than food grown halfway around the world!

it's a shame that we can't trust our own people not to take advantage of these programs that are started with good intentions and help the poorest amoung us.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Are this flea markets actually selling that much produce. I thought most were just low end garage type sales.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

That was damn right hilarious.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join