It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Bust Largest Food Stamp Fraud Operation in U.S. History

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: paradoxious

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: paradoxious

I blame the banks.
The banks were only following policies Clinton and friends put into place.

So who was really responsible?

Banks get their money from the federal reserve.

The government created the federal reserve.

The government created Fanny and Freddy.

The politicians supposedly regulated the industry.

Basically the 'bailouts' was the STATE bailing out ITSELF.

One hand washes the other. It's like a magic trick and we always laugh like a baby when you jingle your keys or something.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: antar
Just another way to take down legitimate organic/local food growers.

Yep we need to fight EBT fraud but keep the fresh food flowing to the poor plz. That might be Michelle Obama's like 1 good idea. And no i don't mean her ruining already nasty school lunches. Just the farmers market EBT thing.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

i think the premise is something like this:

- this fraud wasn't happening
- a new program was rolled out without appropriate controls in place to ensure proper fiduciary responsibility for taxpayer monies
- the lack of controls created the opportunity for fraud

Im not one of the "lets bash Obama for nothing" cheerleaders. But I do feel that the primary purpose of a politician is to understand the legal voodoo well enough to cast their spell without summoning demons. If they can't do that, they aren't very good at their job.

Side note: to me, its more like Obama let his wife screw it up for the country. We didn't elect her....why the hell is she making policy changes to such an enormous budget?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The premise?

Maybe the OP was just on a witch hunt or maybe Michelle had good intentions but

a tall dark stranger gave her what she hadn't planned
?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower

The premise?

Maybe the OP was just on a witch hunt or maybe Michelle had good intentions but

a tall dark stranger gave her what she hadn't planned
?

Im sorry, i can't figure out where that quote is coming from. Which likely explains why I don't understand what you are saying.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Seems like a lot of people don't have any idea of what a "Food Desert" is, and why the First Lady's "Healthy Eating Initiative" needs to address the "Food Dessert" issue.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

i agree completely. I feel sorry for city folk, to be honest.

i think that hand in hand with addressing any social woe is a fiduciary responsibility incumbant on the government we elect to ensure that we do so in ways that reduces corruption. Im not so sure allowing unlicensed vendors at open air markets to accept SNAP without any oversight is really the right way to do that.

if government cannot do that, then it may not be governments job to address social woes. you don't wield a hammer when you need the finesse of a screwdriver.

And still, the first lady is not elected and should not be given executive authority.
edit on 5/19/2016 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Michelle Obama has never held an elected position or even held an appointed position.

She might be guilty of impersonating a politician !!

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordDraconia
I have only ever seen 2 types of food stamp people: The ones who need every last cent and eat it all up and wish they had more for them and their famliy and yep: Druggies who apparantly never eat and sell their food stamps even for .50 cents on the dollar. They'll gladly trade $300 in food stamps for $150 in cash. And unlike this article, you don't have to predate on the poor. They will come and bug you and try and get you to take them to the store and do the trade. It's really gross. But how can Obummer or whoever is next figure out who really needs it and who's the got dang bumbs?

Well, I guess you've seen 3 types now.

edit on 19-5-2016 by paradoxious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

My computer autolinked to a copyright infringement warning this morning from my internet provider.
They threatened to terminate my internet access on the grounds that I had downloaded copyrighted material form Abovetopsecret.

The notice said if I logged into my account I could view the detailed accusations.
I traced the IP address of the warning notice to the national Christmas tree on the White house lawn.
Called my internet provider and gave the rep the 10 digit incident code which she said she could use to find the problem.
Phone suddenly went dead..

Jeez I hope I didn't post something somewhere it couldn't just be moved?

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Im not so sure allowing unlicensed vendors at open air markets to accept SNAP without any oversight is really the right way to do that.

What makes you think they're unlicensed? Around here you need 2 licenses, state and city, to set up at a swap meet, and that's just for selling junk. If you want to sell food, there are few more licenses to get and hoops to jump through.

Now, I use "Square" to take credit cards, and all that is approved through my bank. I can't imagine that state and federal agencies are just handing out devices/software apps made to accept EBT payments to anyone without any oversight.

And still, the first lady is not elected and should not be given executive authority.

All this was worked out by Congress through the Farm Bill, which was signed by President Obama, not Mrs Obama.

Farm Bill

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

oh, well we see how well their oversight worked then.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Well, we wouldn't be talking about it here if they didn't get busted, right?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join