It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schools reject Obama transgender decree: ‘Straight into the paper shredder’

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: In4ormant

Ok. So no punishment if "gentle persuasion" doesn't work.
What then?

Send them to reparative therapy?

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Your still hung up on determined vs. diagnosed.

No.
I'm "hung up" on what the study actually says as opposed you your claims about it.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

What then?

I dunno, it's not my kid. I have no idea what phases they are/will go through.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I dunno, it's not my kid.

Good point.

"I myself have times when I miss my boy," says James Christian. "And I look at the old clothes and the old pictures and I will miss Jack. And that's probably never going to go away. That's just going to take some time."

edit on 5/15/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Your still hung up on determined vs. diagnosed.

No.
I'm "hung up" on what the study actually says as opposed you your claims about it.

My claim states that people/studies are determining/diagnosing kids as early as 3 are transgendered and even calling them that at those ages. And yes, that's crazy

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

What then?

OR let kids be kids and not jump the gun on a 3 year old.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

And yes, that's crazy

As you said. They're not your kids.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant

originally posted by: Annee

What then?

OR let kids be kids and not jump the gun on a 3 year old.

Let kids be the kid they are.

Which seems to be what the articles are about.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
there is a trans lady in my daughters high school. when she has to pee, she pees

we have all survived so far

I will keep you posted

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

You already stated you felt a 3 year old

Do you know any 3 year olds? Do you think they're stupid?

If a little girl behaves like a little girl - is that because she was taught to be a girl? Do you think you could teach her to be a boy?
edit on 5/15/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

The problem is that a kid simply needs to be guided. Letting them be who they are is a mouthful. For you, two-year old Jack puts on a pair of your high heels and you let him be a boy in high heels for the day, and you think "oh how progressive I am, and so hip and modern and with it."

That is Step 1 to confusion. A parent that doesn't abdicate his/her duty, removes the shoes, tells HIM that boys don't wear high heels. Those are for girls and YOU are a boy. Jack begins to get it and each time you take time to clarify what he is, his confusion is lessened and soon he understands.

However, I'm not saying that there aren't some children with a bonafide dysphoria regarding his/her gender. In that case, you will probably know for sure by the time they are seven or eight and in that case, your plan of action will change.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Yes I have 3 children. All of them went through phases as kids are prone to do. I did not determine my kid to be a power Ranger when that's all he thought he was for a damn year.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Doesn't answer my question - not even close

Do you believe you could teach your little girl to be a boy - or visa versa?

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

And yes, that's crazy

Here's the full write up if you like. I do believe I read the word diagnosed a couple times. Not that it's really the issue.

pediatrics.aappublications.org...

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Nope I couldnt. But I don't believe a 3 year old boy can determine for himself that he's a girl either.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

Well, I honestly can't believe that you think kids that young can be determined transgender. It makes my mind spin.

Spin baby! I don't remember earlier and my folks are dead and can't really fill in the blanks but I told my parents at five I was a girl and not a boy and got 1) paddled, 2) smacked, 3) mouth washed out with soap, etc.

Same when I was six and seven and my birth parents divorced over this. By the time I was 10, I was involved with the psychiatric profession trying to figure out what the hell was wrong with me. This was in 1965 and nobody had a clue. Two years later and they still didn't know a damn thing but I was one hella curiosity and got schlepped around between shrinks and was even studied at university.

By 15, (1970) and after nearly being beat to death, my parents figured out what stupid doctors still hadn't. Hey mom! Remember what I'd been trying to tell you and show you my whole life? At 16 and 17 away from school, most people thought I was a girl or at least one damn pretty boy with long blond hair? At 18 and after graduating, I changed my name then went on to medically correct the things that to me had always been a mistake of birth. Determined to be male at birth, grew up to be a girl, lived my entire adult life as a woman. Naw, I didn't know what I was talking about at 5. Must have just been a phase?

So yeah, dude. People are born with this and kids are absolutely and painfully aware and able to know what they are. How old were you when you knew you were a boy? Probably about the same age I knew I wasn't. By the way, I'm 61 now and advocate for transgender youth and their families.

Oh and believe me when I say, everyone did everything possible to make me into a boy but I just wasn't. Didn't do a damn thing except make me grow up with a lot of shame and guilt and the feeling I was broken. Don't do this to kids, it isn't healthy.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

And yes, that's crazy

Here's the full write up if you like. I do believe I read the word diagnosed a couple times. Not that it's really the issue.

pediatrics.aappublications.org...

Oh, look.

Kristina R. Olson

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Nope I couldnt. But I don't believe a 3 year old boy can determine for himself that he's a girl either.

Why wouldn't you be able to teach your child which gender they should be?

link   

Here's the full write up if you like.
Thanks. I already posted a link to the study.

I do believe I read the word diagnosed a couple times. Not that it's really the issue.
Correct. The presence of a word is not really relevant. It is the context which is important.

Although there are no large studies of transgender prepubescent children, a number of studies have examined children who were at the time diagnosed with what was called gender identity disorder (GID), now termed gender dysphoria (GD; for more on both terms and others used throughout this article, see Table 1). The group of children diagnosed with GID likely included children who were transgender as well as others (eg, children who wished and acted but did not believe they were a member of the other gender and were distressed as a result).

In contrast, the current work focuses on what is likely a much narrower group of children, a small subset of the group that previously would have been diagnosed with GID: those who (1) identify as (not merely wish) they were the “opposite” gender as their sex at birth and (2) have socially transitioned so that they appear to others as the gender they feel, rather than that assumed by their sex at birth.

The subjects of the study did not include any "diagnosis."

edit on 5/15/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

link   

. . . I don't believe a 3 year old boy can determine for himself that he's a girl either.

So, what do you do?

Force him to be a boy?

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join