It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schools reject Obama transgender decree: ‘Straight into the paper shredder’

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: In4ormant

I just think making that determination on their own or for them at the young ages we are seeing is insane.

I stand corrected.

At what ages is anything actually being done to reinforce anything?

A couple of the articles I referenced showed the reinforcement. Buying the kids clothes for the opposite sex, allowing them to change their names. All forms of reinforcement.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Yes...you guide him to act like a boy. It's called parental love and guidance. You educate and encourage him to know who he is and be confidant in it.

Did anyone read what I posted on page 13?

Try a different perspective... take a 6 year old boy, put him in dresses, ribbons in his hair, tell him to be and act like a little girl, tell the whole world he is a girl and treat him this way for year after year. What do you think this will do to this kid? Do you think he is ever going to know himself to be anything but a boy?

edit on 5/15/2016 by Freija because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freija

Yes...you guide him to act like a boy. It's called parental love and guidance. You educate and encourage him to know who he is and be confidant in it.

Did anyone read what I posted on the previous page?

Try a different perspective... take a 6 year old boy, put him in dresses, ribbons in his hair, tell him to be and act like a little girl, tell the whole world he is a girl and treat him this way for year after year. What do you think this will do to this kid? Do you think he is ever going to know himself to be anything but a boy?

Take that same little boy and start doing that to him at two or three and he probably will think of himself as a girl.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
You know that in psychology reinforcement includes "punishment", right.
Is there any indication that reinforcement of any sort has any influence on gender identity?

edit on 5/15/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: In4ormant
a reply to: Annee

I'm not an expert and never claimed to be. I said In my personal opinion, letting a 3 year old determine themselves to be transgendered and doctors reinforcing the notion at such young ages was batsh!t crazy to me.

It is bath!t crazy and too many young parents are bath!t confused and crazy, too. We are living in a world where people think this is normal and its cool to just throw parental guidance to the wind and let things just fall in whatever confused way they fall.

I'm on my 3rd generation of raising kids. Hardly confused.

I'm smart enough to have an open mind to new discoveries, and to educate myself on them from people who actually know a thing or 2.

Slamming doors out of stubbornness or that you think you know better - - - does not reflect that of an intelligent mind.

link   

Take that same little boy and start doing that to him at two or three and he probably will think of himself as a girl.

Lemme guess? Gender is completely a social construct?

ETA video

edit on 5/15/2016 by Freija because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: queenofswords

You have evidence to support your claim?

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

a reply to: queenofswords

You have evidence to support your claim?

no.....thus the word 'probably'.
edit on 15-5-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

One at a time Freija, one at a time.

I know you've already won over a few

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

The doctors who say that there are transgender kids at ages that young are reinforcing it by stating it.

No.
They are saying that indications of transgenderism first appear at young ages.

Phage, you will have to admit that there are different opinions within that field of research. All expert opinions do not lead to the same conclusion.

In the meantime, perpetuating this with young children in my own personal opinion is troubling at best and sickening at worst if there is any sort of agenda behind it which I feel is the case.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Helious

Phage, you will have to admit that there are different opinions within that field of research. All expert opinions do not lead to the same conclusion.
There is? I would be interested in seeing research that shows indications of transgenderism do not appear at young ages.

In the meantime, perpetuating this with young children in my own personal opinion is troubling at best and sickening at worst if there is any sort of agenda behind it which I feel is the case.
Perpetuating what? Are you saying that children are being encouraged to be transgendered?

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I've just been informed that Florida will follow suit.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

You know that in psychology reinforcement includes "punishment", right.
Is there any indication that reinforcement of any sort has any influence on gender identity?

I'm honestly more concerned with the doctors reinforcing the notion to the parents that it's possible the kid can determine this on their own at ages as young as 3.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Lemme guess? Gender is completely a social construct?

ETA video

Now wait just a minute here..... I recently took a sociology course in college, and when we got to the subject of gender, my teacher was adamant that gender is fully a social construct. She was really quite emphatic on that point. AFAIK, it's standard neo-liberal dogma that started in the latter stages of the women's equality movement.

So what's changed, exactly? Evidently the modern progressive intelligentsia are having a tough time making up their minds. Their dogma shifts like the wind.
edit on 15-5-2016 by Talorc because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

Nope I couldnt. But I don't believe a 3 year old boy can determine for himself that he's a girl either.

Why wouldn't you be able to teach your child which gender they should be?

I couldn't teach them.their gender anymore than I could teach them they are straight or gay. I just wouldn't let them.determine it for themselves at the ages being suggested.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija

Freija, I have read your story and it sounds like your parents didn't display the best kind of guidance and direction for you early on. I don't believe in beating anything into a kid. I believe in being tuned in, firm but loving guidance, and persistent education in terms appropriate for their age level.

I don't doubt that true gender dysphoria is real. I know that the gender identification stage in early childhood development happens before the age of one, in infancy. I think parents can drop the ball, and with kids being placed in daycare at just a few weeks of age, lots of things can fall through the cracks.

Nature, in general, makes it easy, but our world has become complicated and confusing, and a child coming into the bizarro world we live in today doesn't have it so easy....just too many confusing signals and visuals.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Talorc

AFAIK, it's standard neo-liberal dogma that started in the latter stages of the women's equality movement.

So, there were no transgendered before 1970?

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Sounds like the parent(s) need to be put away for child abuse.
edit on 15-5-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

a reply to: Talorc

AFAIK, it's standard neo-liberal dogma that started in the latter stages of the women's equality movement.

So, there were no transgendered before 1970?

Of course there were. But we had a much more sane and common sense society that told them they had a mental illness, instead of the current cabal of psychological and medical hacks who reinforce their delusions.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: In4ormant
a reply to: Annee

I'm not an expert and never claimed to be. I said In my personal opinion, letting a 3 year old determine themselves to be transgendered and doctors reinforcing the notion at such young ages was batsh!t crazy to me.

It is bath!t crazy and too many young parents are bath!t confused and crazy, too. We are living in a world where people think this is normal and its cool to just throw parental guidance to the wind and let things just fall in whatever confused way they fall.

I'm on my 3rd generation of raising kids. Hardly confused.

I'm smart enough to have an open mind to new discoveries, and to educate myself on them from people who actually know a thing or 2.

Slamming doors out of stubbornness or that you think you know better - - - does not reflect that of an intelligent mind.

You are always tooting your own horn, Annee, and act like you are an expert at everything because you have been everything, done everything, and experienced everything....lol.

We are all smart enough to be open to new things and to educate ourselves. Those that come to different conclusions than you aren't dumber just because they came to different conclusions.

I would say a grandmother/great grandmother like you who is still raising their kids' kids may not have actually made all the right decisions like you may think you did. My 2Cents.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join