It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caitlyn Jenner considering ‘de-transitioning’ ‘in the next couple years,’ author claims

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: kaylaluv

I'm sure when the time is right monetarily, Jenner will write her/his story.

Why shouldn't Jenner take this opportunity to transition publicly telling his story and getting paid for it.

She should do it for poverty?

What I'm saying, Annee, is when the whole Jenner/Kardashian infatuation by the public begins to wind down and their story gets stale and stops making the millions it currently generates, Jenner will "decide" it is time to write that book and stir up the interest in their story once again. Right now, they're okay. The $$$$$$$ is rolling in. At some point the pop culture fanatics will lose interest and those $$$ will begin to diminish.......THEN the time for his/her tell all book will get written.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

a reply to: kaylaluv

I'm sure when the time is right monetarily, Jenner will write her/his story.

Why shouldn't Jenner take this opportunity to transition publicly telling his story and getting paid for it.

She should do it for poverty?

What I'm saying, Annee, is when the whole Jenner/Kardashian infatuation by the public begins to wind down and their story gets stale and stops making the millions it currently generates, Jenner will "decide" it is time to write that book and stir up the interest in their story once again. Right now, they're okay. The $$$$$$$ is rolling in. At some point the pop culture fanatics will lose interest and those $$$ will begin to diminish.......THEN the time for his/her tell all book will get written.

Time will tell.

But, why not?

Its up to the buyer.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants
a reply to: mobiusmale

As an older woman I know how tedious and time consuming applying makeup and straightening your hair everyday can be so I gave it up. But I'm not in the public eye like Caitlyn is and I was wondering when Jenner would would finally get sick and tired of the whole "well put together female" rigamarole.

LOL, as I walk to the store in my Pikachu jammie pants, old comfy hoodie, and baseball cap.

Time for a haircut, its 2 inches long, sticks straight up after swimming. What's more important? Hair or swimming? Swimming, of course.

It cracks me up, some women in my water aerobics class are in full makeup, jewelry, hair done, etc. Don't dare splash them for fear of the "evil eye".
Its fun to put on makeup occasionally just to remind myself how gorgeous I am with it on but I'm just conceited enough to assume that everyone see's me as gorgeous all the time anyway.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Blame the shallow-minded pop culture fanatics for that.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
This article doesn't belong on this website. Period.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I left this comment in the other ATS thread about this; may as well leave it here too:

a reply to: Epirus

This whole frickin fiasco makes me so mad and so sad. Caitlyn nee Bruce was played -- big time. But he was a willing pawn for his own self-serving purposes, so I don't feel too bad for him. I do feel horrible for those whose legitimate issues have been force fed a crock of crap for political and other equally self-serving agendas.

There is no such thing as a "real" woman or a "real" man, except by virtue of our body parts, and therefore anyone who claims/believes they are "really" the opposite gender is very sadly mistaken, and no matter how many hormones they take and no matter how many mutilating surgeries they have and no matter what clothes they wear or how they wear their hair or whatever they think will make them the gender they "really" are, it's all just superficial nonsense. Our true self is on the inside -- not the outside -- and that's exactly where we all must find ourselves. Not between our legs.

They can demand we put aside all logic and reason and common sense and pretend otherwise - and even use the color of law and barrel of a gun to FORCE us to pretend otherwise -- but then we're all just living a lie. Saying it doesn't make it true... even believing it with all of our hearts and souls doesn't make it true.

No one has more sympathy for folks suffering hormonal problems than I do -- I could write a book about the serious problems hormones have caused me. And I'm not surprised that many people are having such issues given the vast amount of synthetic hormones and other endocrine disrupters polluting our soil, air, water, food, etc. But instead of addressing the root of the problem, we're simply compounding the problem by declaring that the problems are the solutions.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: richapau

Yes it does. It is in the correct forum for this discussion. Are you a mod?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Gender is in the mind.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

This is just pathetic gossip. Go to TMZ if you want this garbage.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

edit on 12-5-2016 by richapau because: dup

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
To me there are some things in this life that have no easy solutions. The Transgender phenomenon is one of those things….no neat solution.

People have a right to do what they want to a degree but this is NOT the same as being gay according to the mainstream psychology.

As well that same psychology is ambivalent on this regarding whether it is a mental defect or not.

God be the judge not me. That’s not a cop out just admitting we have realities that are uncertain.

In fact, strangely enough, in Iran they allow transgender but not being gay...figure that one out!

Bottom line, we have to learn to live with uncertainty and not think we have to have all neat answers all the time.

We don’t.

One thing is for sure. Its a good thing he didn't get the operation if he's deciding to go back to being a man.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Yeah, I'll believe this when I hear it from her, not some rag.

Meanwhile, her rep is denying the report, saying:

However, a representative for Jenner denied Halperin’s claims, telling Gossip Cop that Halperin’s assertion is the “dumbest statement of the day.”

Source

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Interesting read, but some of the comments bother me to one singular extent. Bruce is a genetic male, calling that surgical monstrosity a "she" is just messed up in all senses of the word. Otherwise, back to the point at hand, I have been reading up on this nonsense to the point of doctors mentioning the suicide rate on the surgical mistakes is up on average 20% or more Source 1 Source 2 Source 3

Long story short, life ain't sunshine and butterflies "ladies" and "gents" or "insert ridiculous made-up gender pronoun here"
Play the hand you are dealt to the best you can, no amount of Frankensteinian butchery is going to make you happy or make you something you simply ARE NOT!!!

So novel though, to quote Denis Leary “Happiness comes in small doses folks. It's a cigarette butt, or a chocolate chip cookie or a five second orgasm. You come, you smoke the butt you eat the cookie you go to sleep wake up and go back to f#ing work the next morning, THAT'S IT! End of f#ing list! ”

Have a nice day!

edit on 12-5-2016 by sycomix because: forgot a word

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Gender is in the mind.

So I've been told. But, of course, I've been told lots of things that aren't true...

I guess like any word we make up, we can define -- and re-define -- any word we like any way we want. But who we are and what we are comes from within and is nothing more or less than what we make of it. Including gender. Period.

Anyone can put lipstick on a puppy, but it's still just a puppy with lipstick.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

What does "within" mean to you? Because that's what gender identity is. And no, we don't choose our gender identity. It just "is".

I don't know what kind of training or education you have regarding human psychology in general or gender dysphoria in particular, but I choose to listen to the experts who have been studying this for a long time. They know a thing or two.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

As an older woman I know how tedious and time consuming applying makeup and straightening your hair everyday can be so I gave it up. But I'm not in the public eye like Caitlyn is and I was wondering when Jenner would would finally get sick and tired of the whole "well put together female" rigamarole.

LOL, as I walk to the store in my Pikachu jammie pants, old comfy hoodie, and baseball cap.

Time for a haircut, its 2 inches long, sticks straight up after swimming. What's more important? Hair or swimming? Swimming, of course.

It cracks me up, some women in my water aerobics class are in full makeup, jewelry, hair done, etc. Don't dare splash them for fear of the "evil eye".

Its fun to put on makeup occasionally just to remind myself how gorgeous I am with it on but I'm just conceited enough to assume that everyone see's me as gorgeous all the time anyway.

For sure. Even when I was young I called it Costuming. The movie "Mermaid" is so my life. Even the 2 daughters.

Loved dressing up, still do on occasion - - just don't take it seriously.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
so he/she/it is a trans-cis?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

no it doesn't, no one should care about a dysfunctional family and a dad going through a mid life crises. they do not contribute anything to society, they only take away from our energy and discussions like this are pointless. there is a countless amount of discussions we should be putting are energy towards.

edit on 12-5-2016 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

What does "within" mean to you? Because that's what gender identity is. And no, we don't choose our gender identity. It just "is".

You don't even realize you are making my point for me, do you? Gender "identity"? So in other words, gender does have a known definition pertaining to one's biological organs -- which is tangible -- and one's gender "identity" is whatever they make of it, which means nothing and everything at the same time. Nothing because it has no real definition... and everything because everyone will define it however they want. No one can know what they cannot know, and no one can know what it "feels like" to be something they are not.

Rather than trying to redefine gender, let's stop trying to define what a man or woman is -- except to the extent that our biology/physiology dictates.

I don't know what kind of training or education you have regarding human psychology in general or gender dysphoria in particular, but I choose to listen to the experts who have been studying this for a long time. They know a thing or two.

Well, I'm not a psychologist and I don't even play one on TV! But I can and do read and research and talk to real people and inform myself to the greatest extent possible.

Please do correct me if I'm presuming too much, but I'm pretty sure you know that there are both psychologists and psychiatrists with differing opinions, and various (albeit limited) studies with differing results and conclusions. So technically, what you're really saying is that you've chosen to listen to the experts who say what you want to hear and/or believe.

edit on 12-5-2016 by Boadicea because: spelling

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale
Jenner became the poster boy/girl of the transgender experience (if that is the right word).

Shows how much you know.
Caitlyn has certainly NOT become any "poster girl" for Transgender people, far from it. That might have been an ambition or hers but she failed miserably with plenty of the ignorant bs she's spewed.
The general American public might think she somehow "represents" transgender people but she absolutely doesn't.

Sex change regret...I wonder what percentage of people, who go through the full medical procedure, have serious misgivings after the fact.

How about doing a little research to find out for yourself, rather than just alluding to the notion that people regret it, or that it's common?

30 seconds of Googling led to the answer:

3. Regret is common.
Surgical regret is actually very uncommon. Virtually every modern study puts it below 4 percent, and most estimate it to be between 1 and 2 percent.
In some other recent longitudinal studies, none of the subjects expressed regret over medically transitioning.

Source - and with scientific study sources too!

This is a little mind warping...but maybe I have just not caught up to the overall anything goes modern mindset. He was a man who was attracted to women, but wanted to be one himself. So he changed sexes, but (now) she does not want to be with women as a woman...so she (currently) is transgender personally but does not want to be in a same-sex relationship. So, she is thinking about going back to being a man.

Indeed, you totally haven't caught up with any mindset, regardless of it being considered "modern".
Transgender people do not suddenly change their sexuality, they don't suddenly become attracted to the opposite gender, or the same gender, or any gender different to who they were attracted to before.
Gender is NOTHING TO DO WITH SEXUAL ORIENTATION.

It must be hellish to be living in such a state of constant confusion as to who/what you are comfortable being...

The hellish aspect comes from the society around that person attempting to dictate to them who they are and what they should be when it has f-all to do with anyone but the person experiencing it and those they love.

If there wasn't this constant circus of abuse and torture thrust into these peoples lives by the ignorant society around them they wouldn't be experiencing a fraction of the depression and torment they do.

Finally, no real shocker that someone writing a book and trying to cash-in on the Kardashian name would use "anonymous sources" to claim something likely to get them masses of publicity for their book, right? Total coincidence of course.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join