It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caitlyn Jenner considering ‘de-transitioning’ ‘in the next couple years,’ author claims

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Snarl

You only heard about this accident because it was Jenner.

If Jenner was just an Olympian, we'd be talking about how he spends his time in lock-up. Because it's a he/she now, we're talking about more sexual disfigurement.

Why don't you send it a note and suggest it consider becoming the first surgical hermaphrodite?

Your ignorance is showing.

Surgery is not a requirement for Gender Dysphoria - - it is a personal choice.

Ignorance?

I seem to remember you, a few weeks ago, arguing four and five year olds can make decisions on what gender they identify with to the point, decisions on surgical changes should be up to the barely removed toddlers.

Yet here we have a 66 yr old who apparently after decades on this planet can't make up his damn mind. And yes, it's a he as he was born with a twig and berries.

You remember what and how you want to remember.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Yes, but Caitlyn/Bruce's situation is hardly unique. It seems this happens with a decent percentage of transgenders. So whatever gender dysphoria is, simply attempting to change one's gender doesn't seem to solve the problem for them either.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jansy

I feel bad for anyone who is that confused about who they truly are. I'm sure she/he felt desperately compelled to do SOMETHING. I just can't help but think that it was the wrong something...

You do know that Jenner has always felt she was female inside, right?

But it seems she/he doesn't feel female inside enough that she wants to be a lesbian.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You do know that the story in the OP is bogus? "Unnamed sources"? Please.

Having said that, the transgender people who are still unhappy after transitioning are usually that way because:

- they are treated horribly by family and others around them, even after they transition

- they waited too late to transition after the permanent affects of puberty took hold, so the transition is not as successful

Hate to bring it up, but the ones who started transitioning younger seem to be the happiest.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Maybe not bogus?? edit: nevermind, thats apparently a satire news sight.

“These few weeks as Caitlyn has beena great experience for me but being a woman is hard. I’m 65 and I just don’t feel like having to learn a new way of life. I feel like Caitlyn was just a phase and I am glad I realized before getting the gender reassignment surgery. That would have been a tragedy” Jenner explains in an interview.

reportquickly.com...

"E! has announced that they will air a documentary series titled Getting Back To Bruce, which will air this winter. The series will follow Jenner as she transitions back into manhood and also rekindling romance with an unnamed ex wife. E! offered Jenner a $2 million deal to record the eight part documentary."
edit on 12-5-2016 by coop039 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Boadicea

If the medical world could solve the problem of gender dysphoria in some other way, don't you think they'd be doing it now?

No, I'm not sure they would.... especially when their "cure" of choice creates lifelong chemically dependent patients... and especially when research is dependent upon funding by those with an agenda (including the government)... and especially when they give play into the idea that anyone can define what/who a man/woman is beyond their physical body parts.

If therapy would be all it takes to help the person accept themselves as they are physically, the psychiatrists would be jumping at the chance to "cure" for lots of dollars. They don't do this because they know it just doesn't work. It's been tried.

A couple thoughts:

This is equally true when psychiatrists know that their "cure" isn't a "cure" but will only compound mental/emotional issues and these patients will continue to require therapy indefinitely.

If you have the magic solution, that's great, but just telling people with gender dysphoria to "get over it" and choose not to have gender dysphoria just ain't gonna work.

I'm not telling anyone to "get over it." If anything, I am telling society to get over it and to stop assigning and dictating arbitrary and subjective definitions of who and what a man/woman is, and to let everyone be their own fabulous selves regardless of their sex organs.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

You mean Fox News is like WWE? Some may believe it to be true? NOOO WAY!

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

It's a rumor and it's straight out of Fox News so don't believe anything they say.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: coop039

I wouldn't trust this source. From your link:

Reportquickly.com is a combination of real shocking news and satire news. Please note that articles written on this site are for entertainment and satirical purposes only.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: coop039

I wouldn't trust this source. From your link:

Reportquickly.com is a combination of real shocking news and satire news. Please note that articles written on this site are for entertainment and satirical purposes only.

Yeah, I just saw that. Lol! there are some funny stories on there!

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

I'm not telling anyone to "get over it." If anything, I am telling society to get over it and to stop assigning and dictating arbitrary and subjective definitions of who and what a man/woman is, and to let everyone be their own fabulous selves regardless of their sex organs.

So you are okay with the parents of a transgender female child letting that child live and act like a female in whatever way that child wants, including changing their name to a girly name, wearing princess dresses, and going to the little girl's bathroom if that's what they want? If so, then we are in agreement. That's all well and good, but the problem comes when that "girl" now faces puberty with a beard and a mustache, broad shoulders, deep man voice and a large adam's apple, and is absolutely terrified at the thought. Then what do you do?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Look. Most people who are transitioning originally start as a homosexual (Gay), and are interested in men 90%. The other 10% is rare. (What if I told you that Bruce was never gay?)

In transitioning, one does not start or begin as a grown woman. Little girls to be exact. How long has (he) been transitioning? That's how old she was. Was hormone treatment taken? Who knows because one does not have to undergo body changes lest surgery is preformed, to achieve the accepted shape and form factor.

I wonder if he had any male friends?

Questions seldom answered.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

I'm also older, and I have given up on the makeup stuff because it just doesn't help

my looks anyway. I've had cancer and a stroke since I retired and now I have a strange
genetic problem. JAK2 acquired mutation, got PV and ET parts. My value and worth
are not in my physical appearance.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: justdust

got PV and ET parts.

What does this mean?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

It's a rumor and it's straight out of Fox News so don't believe anything they say.

Huh, so does that mean I can simply disregard other mainstream news I consider to be biased?

I would be more concerned with anonymous sourcing than the overall source and every mainstream news source uses that - anonymous sources.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

So you are okay with the parents of a transgender female child letting that child live and act like a female in whatever way that child wants, including changing their name to a girly name, wearing princess dresses, and going to the little girl's bathroom if that's what they want?

I'm in favor of parents -- and society and government and anyone and everyone -- letting children be the best they can be.... whatever that is... which, of course, includes not hurting themselves or anyone else. If a little boy wants to wear a princess dress, okay. No harm no foul. But if a parent lets a child believe that it's anything more or less than that... i.e., if the parents let the child believe that dress defines him in any way and that because he wants to wear a dress that he's "really" a little girl... then that is hurting and hurtful to the child. Little boys go into ladies' bathrooms happen all the time and is not hurting or hurtful to anyone... but creating dangerous situations in which sexual predators can victimize others (such as we've seen with the numerous reports at Target) is both hurting and hurtful to others. (For what it's worth, although I have not heard of any such situations, I am equally concerned for biological girls going into mens' rooms alone for the same reason.)

If so, then we are in agreement.

I wish... but not exactly.

That's all well and good, but the problem comes when that "girl" now faces puberty with a beard and a mustache, broad shoulders, deep man voice and a large adam's apple, and is absolutely terrified at the thought. Then what do you do?

As an adolescent, I was absolutely terrified of bleeding uncontrollably every month and my breasts growing and having to wear a bra... I learned better.

The problem comes when anyone defines themselves in such superficial and subjective terms, and therefore cannot accept and like and love themselves just the way they are, and especially when society -- and authority figures, including medical authorities -- validate and reinforce their fears and tell them they have to change themselves to be "okay."

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

You don't seem to understand how gender dysphoria works. It's the kids themselves who are telling the parents how they feel. It's not the parents telling the kids they must be a girl if they want to wear dresses and change their name from Jake to Jenny. The kids are saying it, and they are saying it without any prompting from anyone, as young as age 2 or 3. Many of these children have never watched TV or been exposed to society's expectation of them. It's some kind of innate awareness that they have on their own. The parents usually ignore it at this point, assuming it's just some kind of phase. Sometimes it is, but other times, the child just keeps insisting. Then the child gets upset if they are not referred to as the gender they identify with. The parents aren't doing it. The kids are doing it all on their own.

When the child starts to complain to the parents that they want their "boy parts" to fall off so they can be the girl they know they are, what is the parent supposed to say to that? It does no good to tell the child that their parts are fine the way they are. The child does not feel this way. It does no good to ignore it either, as these kids tend to get more upset and depressed to the point of not functioning normally as children anymore.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
I feel a deep sadness for this man/woman. That article said that he/she looked in the mirror after facial reconstruction and asked, "what have I done to myself?"

His psychological health must be tenuous. How do you go from a well respected handsome medal-winning male athlete to a Kardashian crazy world of weirdness where reality is a blur of mishmash identity.

I'm not taking any second hand spewing about Jenner.

If it isn't visually recorded from her own mouth - - - I'm not accepting it.

I've never seen the show, but I did see an interview. I like that she said "This is my story, it's about me, and only me. I am not a spokesman for anyone else".

Well you aren't gonna hear about it til it actually happens anyway. Jenner is enjoying the limelight too much now to go public with any doubts etc.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

You don't seem to understand how gender dysphoria works. It's the kids themselves who are telling the parents how they feel. It's not the parents telling the kids they must be a girl if they want to wear dresses and change their name from Jake to Jenny. The kids are saying it, and they are saying it without any prompting from anyone, as young as age 2 or 3. Many of these children have never watched TV or been exposed to society's expectation of them. It's some kind of innate awareness that they have on their own. The parents usually ignore it at this point, assuming it's just some kind of phase. Sometimes it is, but other times, the child just keeps insisting. Then the child gets upset if they are not referred to as the gender they identify with. The parents aren't doing it. The kids are doing it all on their own.

When the child starts to complain to the parents that they want their "boy parts" to fall off so they can be the girl they know they are, what is the parent supposed to say to that? It does no good to tell the child that their parts are fine the way they are. The child does not feel this way. It does no good to ignore it either, as these kids tend to get more upset and depressed to the point of not functioning normally as children anymore.

Because a 2 or 3 year old knows exactly who they are and what they want, and are known to make a choice and stick with it...Please.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Jansy

I feel bad for anyone who is that confused about who they truly are. I'm sure she/he felt desperately compelled to do SOMETHING. I just can't help but think that it was the wrong something...

You do know that Jenner has always felt she was female inside, right?

But it seems she/he doesn't feel female inside enough that she wants to be a lesbian.

What does transgender have to do with being a lesbian?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join