It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I have learned from the social justice movement

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: reldra

But it has gotten to that point. What exactly is a microaggression aside from something that makes me feel bad rather than something someone else did with the intent to make me feel bad?

If all a microaggression is is something that makes me feel bad, then at what point does society get insane enough to let me externalize it and blame others for my own insecurities?

The term “microaggression” was used by Columbia professor Derald Sue to refer to “brief and commonplace daily verbal, behavioral, or environmental indignities, whether intentional or unintentional, that communicate hostile, derogatory, or negative racial slights and insults toward people of color.”

I mean, if you happen to be a "person of color," and you are the only one in the classroom and there is one seat left and I walk in and take it, you might feel this makes the environment hostile to you as the only "person of color." You then blame me for it as a microaggression because I should have known better than to make your environment hostile. But what if I needed to attend class that day too? I guess I should have just missed the day rather than make your royal "person of colorness" feel like I made the environment hostile, huh?

It seems to me that this is the problem of the person of color who cannot be comfortable as the only person of color in a room for an hour, and not anyone else's problem, but with SJWs, they can magically make it everyone else's problem and not their own.

I have not heard the term until today. I would think that a lot of little ones can add up, over time.

In your example, someone should go get or call out for another chair. If that is termed a 'microaggression', I would think the same person would have to prove many, many other microaggressions and that they were linked to their color before saying they are a victim of microaggressions.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimTSpock

So in other words you have no idea what I'm talking about at all. I didn't call anyone a wacist, sexist, islamophobe, nazi, bigot, colonialist, genocidal hate crime capitalist, hate speech bigot did I, lol.

I do know what you are talking about. You do not understand that you are doing the same thing you complain about.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

FB memes to social justice modern movements makes a lot of sense, most of them seem to come out from cartoonish enviroments than being serious about what they defend, want or fight, it's a social joke compared to the old movements founded on serious argumenting and freedom of speech. If they were offended, they wouldnt run to safe spaces, they would argue for their voice not act like spoiled children looking for a reason to exist.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Substracto
You forgot about the Safe Space thing!

And look at how all the SJWS come to thread and attack your points with no arguments, just trolling! go get em!

The OP is trolling though, he said so. (here I do mean the member)
edit on 8-5-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Substracto

FB memes to social justice modern movements makes a lot of sense, most of them seem to come out from cartoonish enviroments than being serious about what they defend, want or fight, it's a social joke compared to the old movements founded on serious argumenting and freedom of speech. If they were offended, they wouldnt run to safe spaces, they would argue for their voice not act like spoiled children looking for a reason to exist.

The entire OP is a whining entity. (here I mean the content of the original post).

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
a reply to: ketsuko

No i dont, your post history is pretty clear.

Then your understanding of what I was saying is lacking.

Its crystal clear.

Stop with the Kafka trap.

Whos kafka, and the proof is on ats, no credibility left.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Wrong.

I said I am a troll.

It's not a full time job.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

Wrong.

I said I am a troll.

It's not a full time job.

In the context of this thread, you are trolling. So, in the context of this thread, you would be a troll.

link   
a reply to: Skid Mark
I have pondered and realized I am a tuna and demand rights for my species. My rights are more important than yours, life trumps meals. I demand a global flood and support global warming. We need more water for my kind to swim in. Any of you deny me these rights and you are a speciest, anti fish and on a mission of genocide. *Waves tail*
edit on 8-5-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

link   

Observations=Whining.

Got it.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

Observations=Whining.

Got it.

You have overblown the observations. As I said, if you feel the original post is true, then you suffer from delusions. There would be a victim here then. It would be you. And NOT a victim of Social justice.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I should also add that I learned from the reaction to the Social Justice Movement (not necessarily feminism afaik) that a certain ''critique'' of society -right or not- gets a lot of people's panties in a twist, up to the point that they go on and on against this perceived threat, and I hear them way, WAY louder than any feminist or SJW. I see way more of anti-SJW/anti-feminist folks than of the actual SJWs or feminists themselves. But why do people react so strongly?

I think it's a bit of a shame that ATS seems so deeply conservative at times (have been reading a lot here) and so vehemently against things that aren't traditional, or ideas that are new. For a large part, this doesnt ''Deny Ignorance'', but imo perpetuates it, and I don't even necessarily agree with every silly little thing SJWs or feminists say per se, but I have this feeling that that goes for a lot of people who aren't the most stereotypical Tumblr users/feminist/SJW bloggers of certain types. And I only see those when I look them up. Stuff like this gets thrown at me for free everywhere.
edit on 8-5-2016 by ExoticSpaceTiger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384
Meow will not tolerate your anti tolerant views toward felinity. Meow also demands you be a good little fish and continue to serve as food. Meow to you.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Well I guess I'll go to the tried and true argument that if you don't share the same characteristics as me you have no right to tell me what I've been through

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I blame the spice girls, with their "girl power" antics.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark
There are no anti tolerant views toward the felines, but the want to preserve and expand our(tuna) border's into your own as you need the room much less since you simply sit in place anyways. Clearly tuna are superior. *Tail wave*

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Talorc

Very nihilistic of you, I like it. To the Void!

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr
They deserve plenty of blame. Their "music" = gag.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384
That's fine. Meow. I can't stand water.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

And like SJWs I still have no idea what they want.. what they really really want

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join