It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I have learned from the social justice movement

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

I say lol a lot but that time I did actually laugh out loud

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
a reply to: ketsuko

No i dont, your post history is pretty clear.

Then your understanding of what I was saying is lacking.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Baldryck

You speak with a fork tongue, Canada has massive bloody bears that want to force their beliefs on me that I should be eaten..

RA

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Its crystal clear.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Its crystal clear.

Stop with the Kafka trap.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The hard left loony left hate the west, whites and christians. The SJW movement is a part of this sinister agenda and most of them are so called useful idiots. It's quite an interesting phenomenon and yes most of them are brain dead incapable of independent thought just towing the extreme PC line lest they be branded the standard insults which you are now aware of.

Which isn't to say there are not real actual sexists and racists there are but we are now far beyond any reaction to that into the bizarro world lol. Everything and everyone can now be labelled sexist, racist or any other ist or ism on any whim. And the loony left have become so deranged just leave them alone and they start to attack each other it's quite hilarious. Cultural appropriation is probably my favourite one and is truly deranged...

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Just for case in point

( language warning)

Shame I could not star that more then once.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982
What is the rent on a safe space?..

I need to get away from my liberal communist feminist neighbour and the constant noise of her bloody vibrator called the "I don't need nah man 3000"..

RA

Is she entering your home invited? If not, ou have your safe space if you are paying your rent. If she is coming in at all hours, you need to complain to someone.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimTSpock
The hard left loony left hate the west, whites and christians. The SJW movement is a part of this sinister agenda and most of them are so called useful idiots. It's quite an interesting phenomenon and yes most of them are brain dead incapable of independent thought just towing the extreme PC line lest they be branded the standard insults which you are now aware of.

Which isn't to say there are not real actual sexists and racists there are but we are now far beyond any reaction to that into the bizarro world lol. Everything and everyone can now be labelled sexist, racist or any other ist or ism on any whim. And the loony left have become so deranged just leave them alone and they start to attack each other it's quite hilarious. Cultural appropriation is probably my favourite one and is truly deranged...

Like the insults you have bestowed in this jumbled mess.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz
a reply to: reldra

I believe your OP belongs in 'rant' or 'jokes, puns and pranks'. You do state you are trolling.

Mods can move if they want.

It is a social issue though. There are many like me who have gotten fed up with this BS mindset that "everything is offensive because I said so!"

The accuracy of your OP does not stand up to scrutiny and reads more like a FB meme. It is not a saerious statement about anything.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

But it has gotten to that point. What exactly is a microaggression aside from something that makes me feel bad rather than something someone else did with the intent to make me feel bad?

If all a microaggression is is something that makes me feel bad, then at what point does society get insane enough to let me externalize it and blame others for my own insecurities?

The term “microaggression” was used by Columbia professor Derald Sue to refer to “brief and commonplace daily verbal, behavioral, or environmental indignities, whether intentional or unintentional, that communicate hostile, derogatory, or negative racial slights and insults toward people of color.”

I mean, if you happen to be a "person of color," and you are the only one in the classroom and there is one seat left and I walk in and take it, you might feel this makes the environment hostile to you as the only "person of color." You then blame me for it as a microaggression because I should have known better than to make your environment hostile. But what if I needed to attend class that day too? I guess I should have just missed the day rather than make your royal "person of colorness" feel like I made the environment hostile, huh?

It seems to me that this is the problem of the person of color who cannot be comfortable as the only person of color in a room for an hour, and not anyone else's problem, but with SJWs, they can magically make it everyone else's problem and not their own.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

So in other words you have no idea what I'm talking about at all. I didn't call anyone a wacist, sexist, islamophobe, nazi, bigot, colonialist, genocidal hate crime capitalist, hate speech bigot did I, lol.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
You forgot about the Safe Space thing!

And look at how all the SJWS come to thread and attack your points with no arguments, just trolling! go get em!

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Substracto
And look at how all the SJWS come to thread ...

I could almost hear the klaxons sounding and see the increase in telephone traffic as they were summoned.

LOL

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

LOL!

So If I dont check my privilege in the next 5 seconds I might be 'erased'!

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

And my point in pointing this out is not to say that there aren't times when we shouldn't be more sensitive to the feelings of those around us, but maybe, just maybe we should be sensitive to the feelings of others as individual people and not as members of this or that person group?

Another example of potential microagression is to ask someone of a certain group what they think as person of that group.

Some people find that offensive, but at the same time, we are very much being trained to think of everyone of that group as people of that group. Consider how the Asians think, or consider how the Latinos think, or consider how the "people of color"/blacks/African-Americans think ... before you do this or that because it might offend them. When you get that constant mantra jammed into your face and head, the natural follow-up is to think they have a very different and unique perspective on everything that is tied to their racial/ethnic identity. Asking a person to comment as a Latino or a homosexual or whatever is the logical step, even though it then can be microaggressive and wrong.

In the end, the only conclusion I can draw is that no matter what we do, we are wrong, will always be wrong, and were always wrong. Our only possible course of action is to crawl off under rocks and die.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
After reading through this thread, I've fully realized just how circular and futile human discussion/argument is. I'm seeing the same circular pattern repeating in every thread.

Better to just actively foster and expedite one's own mental illness. Sanity and reason are crippling disabilities that make it hard to function.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

You have given nothing that refutes what I said.

Ill wait..

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz
After much reflection in my safe space I've come to realize that I self identify as a cat. I fight for my rights as a cat to have a litter box in every public restroom. I also demand tuna on the menu of every restaurant. Everyone will also address me by my rightful name: Chairman Meow. Any failure to do so, or any negative remarks regarding my choice of species, show you to be a speciest. That is all. Meow.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Talorc
After reading through this thread, I've fully realized just how circular and futile human discussion/argument is.

Pathetic lot aren't we? At least the ads change from page-to-page for you.

edit on 852016 by Snarl because: Free speech.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join