It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I have learned from the social justice movement

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: JimiBlack
Look around. It is clear as daylight. Being persecuted by minorities for their "white privilege" which doesn't exist and by other whites(like other races are persecuted by their own kind).

Who the hell is lumping you in with BLM. I never said such a thing so get the hell out with it. Never said you were anti white. Why the hell are you making these statements that are completely irrelevant. Quit lumping all whites together, and quit suggesting anyone is lumping you in with a group. Jesus Christ!

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

How are you being "persecuted"? Anyone holding you back from anything? And cut that crap put about me. generalizing all white people. I did no such thing as I don't like generalization. Nobody is persecuting white guys. How in the hell can the majority be persecuted?? Really??

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Racism exists. Sexism exists. There's never going to be a solution for prejudice.

I just want in on the debate without being hit with this

It's prejudicial to discount someone's opinion because of how they were born. It doesn't help anyone.

It hinders intellectual discussion.
edit on 9-5-2016 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

Man, it is what it is. Wanna trade uniforms? Like Chris Rock said, and I'm paraphrasing, "You can have a onelegged one eyed bellboy and I'm a millionaire and dude still wouldn't trade places with me". It is what it is. All I'm saying is in all actuality, white dudes run things and are the majority in this country. The majority with the power can not and will not be persecuted.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Man, it is what it is

Exactly.

You work with the cards you are dealt. Life is far from fair.

Blaming anyone else is a cop out.
edit on 9-5-2016 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   

I never blame anyone, man. I map my own destiny. Just saying I don't see the heterosexual white guy persecution. Not buying that and nobody is holding white guys back from anything. Still trying to figure out who is persecuting white dudes and how are they pulling that off.
edit on 9-5-2016 by JimiBlack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Nobody is holding anyone back from achieving their goals.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Precisely my point about this.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Don't forget to check your white privilege

I can't believe this # matters to anyone with half a brain, as if we're all somehow different from one another and we didn't all come from the same bacterial source.

We "evolved" and forgot who we really are, how pathetic.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Who signs the paychecks for everybody? White guys. Who signs your favorite celebrity's , athlete's, singer's, or whomever's check? White dudes

I'm not on any side of this stupidity except my own. So call me a selfish justice warrior if you will. My family's lives matter, the rest? Well you better by God earn my respect for your LIFE. This example is so broadly painted by YOU that you're doing your argument no justice. Ever heard of Michael Jordan? He's basically the CEO of a Basketball team.

Pretty sure there are pre-printed checks with his signature on it.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Smh. I'd trade being a one legged one eyed bellboy for being a millionaire; regardless of color. So your little "Christ Rock Quote" just doesn't hold true. I'm sure many others would aswell. We're actually all being held back by the Super Rich, who only want more money.

Also, just because someone is part of the majority, doesn't mean they can't be persecuted. I've been pulled over, and harassed by both Black, and White cops for being 'White in the wrong neighborhood'. I've been pulled over for being 'Homeless', and a great many other reasons including 'looking suspicious'. I have no privilege to check.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimiBlack

I never blame anyone, man. I map my own destiny. Just saying I don't see the heterosexual white guy persecution. Not buying that and nobody is holding white guys back from anything. Still trying to figure out who is persecuting white dudes and how are they pulling that off.

We're not all born with the same opportunities. Life isn't an equal opportunity employer.

However, we ALL have the opportunity to become better and improve our situation in every moment we are alive.

edit on 10-5-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join