It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I have learned from the social justice movement

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimiBlack
But this "I'm a white guy and I'm being persecuted" crap is ridiculous. Who the hell is discriminating against white guys?? White guys rule the friggin world. Who signs the paychecks for everybody? White guys. Who signs your favorite celebrity's , athlete's, singer's, or whomever's check? White dudes. I have no problem with that fact because it is what it is and I'm cool with that, but spare me the poor heterosexual white guy thing. You guys run everything and you know it and you want to keep it that way. I get and understand that.

What you probably don't realise, is that you are grouping all white people into the same category as though they all share the same wealth, success, social standing and lack of challenges in their lives. Just being white does not grant you those things and that is precisely what people with your mindset do not understand. Nor does it appear you want to understand. It is far easier to just associate white with ease and minority with difficulty...

edit on 8/5/2016 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JimiBlack
What bull#. Not even going to cover up my words. Do you really believe we run the world? I mean. Who's President of America right now? Hell, he claims to be black.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Devil's Guacamole time, (I know I am going to so make a mess of this...)

originally posted by: rockintitz
Things I have learned from the social justice movement:

You can learn things from them who would have thought it...

I'm anti-women because I disagree about the "wage gap."

The Real wage gap is places that do not do the raises based on Performance, That is where the big problem is, the places that give Raises to the Seniority just for being there longer and riding the clock instead of the Fire ball that is making the company more money those are the ones who should be given the better wages / raises. It should not matter if they are Man Woman other, black white yellow or even green, (wait scratch that if they are green hold on olive is a green color ok that is a human flesh tone), so or even green.

I'm anti-women because I dislike new age feminists.

This issue is one that is Unfortunate, I was raised to open doors for ladies and Yes sir and Yes Mam from an early age, and I experienced the Seething hate from the current crop of women for it. Mind when they start yelling at me for being a sexist pig, I just smile and say I guess I should ignore the Proper teachings of My Grandmother who taught me to be Polite even to people who act like Sows like you. (Funny thing is one time i dropped that line and she of course slapped me but the older lady behind her stopped and thanked me then preceded to chew her arse along giving her the riot act of and that is why you never will land a nice man you treat them all like they are monsters [I think it was her mother]).

I'm a fat shamer because I think that people should take care of their body.
I'm a fat shamer because I congratulate people on their weight loss.

Honestly, there should be no shame in people living as comfortable as they want as long as it does not hurt their health I say revel in it. Fat people tend to be happier and nicer until they hit the land whale size where they try to make everyone as miserable as them (400+ lbs from my Experience). Now if it is at the point where they can not function because of the weight gain, that is the time for Jenny Craig and Richard Simmons.

I'm racist because I think we should have protected borders.

Honestly I think it should be tighter then that, Match policy with what ever country the people originate from, not where they pass though. Emigration standard matching 1:1 and watch things change for the better Rapidly.

I'm racist because I believe that all lives matter.

Except for those Philaxians, Semi-intelligent shades of blue, and those damnable AI constructs I agree all lives matter, if the DNA and Organs are interchangeable then it is all the same Race It just becomes a matter of plumage.

I'm a racist, anti-women, fat shaming bastard because I am a white male. (With an admittedly rockin body)

Wait do you mean you really do not know who your daddy is? I as a real Illegitimate Son of a whore take offense to you using the term Bastard. J/K

Thank god for the internet. Otherwise I would have never known any of this. We should make badges.

["Gentalman Jerk" +5-gamer score]

My point is (yes there's a point) by treating me, and others like me, as the enemy, the movement for "social justice" will not garner support. In fact it will do just the opposite.

I can not make an argument against this statement, Alienation by Prejudice usually means the one who does it while at first it seems like they would get Justice gets treated like total lepers after doing it too much. The thing about the old "social Justice" and the new "Social just us" is now that the REAL problems are done with they are now having to pick issues that are getting insane, it is like putting too much Pepper in when just a pinch was enough...

The victim card will expire soon enough.

Not soon Enough, it should have Burnt on the Printing Press.

OLE (awe man I smell Sulfur in that mix yep Messed it up again)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

People with my mindset? You have no idea what I'm getting at. I don't equate being white as "having it easy". Hell, like I stated in my post, I have white blood and my wife is Irish-Italian and our daughters are a product of me and the wife. Don't try to twist what I said around. My stance hasn't changed and If what I posted is false, let's dance.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

You know and I know that O is a puppet, just like the last puppet and just like the next puppet that is selected. And dude doesn't "claim" to be " black". Society deems him so, just like me, regardless of my diverse ethnicity. And yes, white guys do rule the world. It is what it is. I never said all white peeople rule the world.
edit on 8-5-2016 by JimiBlack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
No he claims to be black. Fact of the matter is he is half white, half black and raised by a white family.

You're grouping all "white guys" together as if they are all the same. I'd suggest ending your BS generalizations and try wording your thoughts better. You suggest that white guys, as you call us, shouldn't say they are being persecuted. BS. Whites are being persecuted against. Get the hell out with your "White guys aren't being persecuted".

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

People with my mindset? You have no idea what I'm getting at. I don't equate being white as "having it easy". Hell, like I stated in my post, I have white blood and my wife is Irish-Italian and our daughters are a product of me and the wife. Don't try to twist what I said around. My stance hasn't changed and If what I posted is false, let's dance.

Why are you acting so defensively when called out on your views? I didn't say what you said was false, but it was deceptive. You did group all white together and insinuate that "they" are in charge and write the cheques, therefore the many examples of white people being discriminated against in every day situations ought to be overlooked.

Here I'll do the same: this "black people are disadvantaged" stuff is rubbish. Samuel L. Jackson is rich, successful and influential. He's basking in cash, women and fame. I guess we can just overlook examples of black people living in the ghettos.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: rockintitz
Things I have learned from the social justice movement:

I'm anti-women because I disagree about the "wage gap."

I'm anti-women because I dislike new age feminists.

I'm a fat shamer because I think that people should take care of their body.

I'm a fat shamer because I congratulate people on their weight loss.

I'm racist because I think we should have protected borders.

I'm racist because I believe that all lives matter.

I'm a racist, anti-women, fat shaming bastard because I am a white male. (With an admittedly rockin body)

Thank god for the internet. Otherwise I would have never known any of this. We should make badges.

My point is (yes there's a point) by treating me, and others like me, as the enemy, the movement for "social justice" will not garner support. In fact it will do just the opposite.

The victim card will expire soon enough.

I believe you have learned these lessons from the wrong people. Your post is also a big, giant exaggeration.
Social justice is a positive phrase. It has garnered great support no matter how many delusions of personal persecution you have.

Perhaps once upon a time it was. Now? You've let a vocal minority take over and steer the narrative to the extreme end of the spectrum.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

And the guy that signs Samuel L. Jackson's check is a white dude. IT IS WHAT IT IS MAN. I'm not a " disadvantaged black guy" and would never classify myself as such. Military family from WW2 to present day.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

And the guy that signs Samuel L. Jackson's check is a white dude. IT IS WHAT IT IS MAN. I'm not a " disadvantaged black guy" and would never classify myself as such. Military family from WW2 to present day.
And how can something be true but deceptive?

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Did I say that you were? Why are you deflecting so much?

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
If the goal of SJWs is to sew discord and promote divisiveness I think they've succeeded. All I have to do is read through this thread to see that.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

How the hell are white guys being persecuted? See, you can't lump me in with the Blm idiots. Not one of them. And you can't pull the crap about me being anti-white because I have white blood , a "white" wife and and mixed daughters. I don't play the race card so miss me with the persecuted white guy thing.
edit on 8-5-2016 by JimiBlack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

If you're referring to me as a Sjw, you're dead wrong about that. I'm not a whiny ass dude. I couldn't care less about social justice buddy.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Let's see.

Deflect and totally ignore the argument.
Check.

Bring up posting history (that is in no way relevant to this discussion)
Check.

Suggest thread be moved.
Check.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

How the hell are white guys being persecuted?

There are plenty of anecdotal examples that don't make the MSM news. You can also look at political movements like affirmative action and gender quotas that discriminate solely on the race, sexual orientation and gender of the subject, which of course is a one-way street.

See, you can't lump me in with the Blm idiots. Not one of them.

Well, your tendency to group all white people together as being somehow privileged and influential in virtue of their skin colour mirrors what many in the BLM camp proclaim. Still, as you correctly state that does not make you a proponent of their movement.

And you can't pull the crap about me being anti-white because I have white blood , a "white" wife and and mixed daughters. I don't play the race card so miss me with the persecuted white guy thing.

That's where you are mistaken. White people can be anti-white, a great deal of avid SJWs happen to be white. Your skin pigmentation does not influence your views, your experiences do.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Buddy you don't want to go there with experiences. Really. I'm done here. Ats is really racial these days. You can have your site back.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Nope. I wasn't referring to any one person. I didn't mention names. I'm just talking about all the fighting back and forth through out the thread.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I feel you on that, man.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join