It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA Limits E-Cigarettes, Cigars, Chewing Tobacco

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

It aggravates me that they lump cigars in with cigarettes. My sweet, sweet Montecristos #2's have nothing in common with Marlboros.

Can you smoke it?
They're a-taxin' it!! Cigar smokers have gotten off pretty lightly the past few years. Time to pony up and get in the trenches with the rest of us. LOL!!!

Now where I'm at weed isn't legal yet, and probably won't be since we are incredibly backwards, but look at Colorado. Making it legal was less hassle than the fight over how much to tax it and divy up the proceeds.

Big companies do make e-cigs and yes they are just nasty. They rushed to market and taste quality flew out the window. Aside from that is the high nicotine mg they use. You need to practically do calculus to figure out the ratio given the information. Vaping a VUSE is the same as an entire carton of cigs!

WTF???

The point of the large companies seemed to be to addict you to a higher level than cigs did originally. They will not lose a customer, they are determined! While the transition was happening States and the Fed's noticed they were losing money like crazy. Tobacco companies didn't care other than jumping into the market and retaining sales.

This whole thing is ridiculous in that smokers bear the brunt of negative criticism, while places ban smoking, and in reality tobacco taxes fund all kinds of social service programs and contribute heavily. Last to pile on will be insurance companies who are completely behind the eight ball on increasing premiums for people who Vape.

it's coming....like a train in a tunnel.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Pluginn

Some people are seriously against anyone having pleasures in life.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
Cigar smokers have gotten off pretty lightly the past few years.

Not really. The price of a cigar has almost doubled over the past decade where I am.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Here we go kiddies!

The snowball regulation is beginning.
www.post-gazette.com...

County health board taking up issue of e-cigarette, vaporizer regulation
May 4, 2016 2:10 PM
Nam Y. Huh/Associated Press
A man smokes an electronic cigarette.
By Don Hopey / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
E-cigarettes are the hot, hip, new way to light up, a flavorful “smoke.”

But because of the public health risks they pose to their users and those nearby, the Allegheny County Board of Health will draft first-time regulations to control the use of e-cigarettes and vaporizers by minors and in public indoor places.

The board voted unanimously Wednesday to have the Allegheny County Health Department's attorney write the new regulation in time for consideration at the board’s next meeting in July.

Apparently they were waiting for the Feds to pull the trigger before beginning the slide into county regulations.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

A previous poster mentioned my beloved Montecristo.If I would buy one(number two),it would cost me 16€ which I think is about 20$.

Very special occasions only.So I smoke a pipe AND I vape.

I live in Germany and e-cigs are about to be regulated out of existence.They can try it with me,I make all my juice and so do all of the vapers I know.Some rather clever people make their own e-cigs,apparently it's fairly simple if you have a machine shop at hand.

Bottom line-governments need tobacco tax.They don't give a toot if you're dying because you're a tax cow.
edit on 6-5-2016 by Ericthedoubter because: Thinking in German,writing in English.Corrected.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ericthedoubter
A previous poster mentioned my beloved Montecristo.If I would buy one(number two),it would cost me 16€ which I think is about 20$.

That was me, and depending on the location the prices are about the same. The exception is you are getting Cubans and I am not.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

im up in PA and our rollies shop sells cloves...for now at least

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
I always laugh when I see people walking around sucking on plastic/metal phallic symbols and blowing out flavored scented smoke. It's not sexy, it's not manly, it's not feminine, It shows people that you have no self discipline are weak minded and addicted. That's not something to be proud of.

That's AWESOME! Just AWESOME!!! [/extreme sarcasm]

Mom...is that you???

Feeling a little Holier than Thou, are we??

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Starting in June the age to buy tobacco in California will be 21.

BUT if someone 18 to 21 buys out of state there is no law against them smoking them.

Large numbers of people from calif buy there smokes in nevada from the indian smoke shops.

The law is a joke.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
So all the 18 year olds hooked on cigs cannot buy cigs. Now we will see an increase is stores being robbed. Cigs selling like crack on the corner street.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

originally posted by: amazing
I always laugh when I see people walking around sucking on plastic/metal phallic symbols and blowing out flavored scented smoke. It's not sexy, it's not manly, it's not feminine, It shows people that you have no self discipline are weak minded and addicted. That's not something to be proud of.

That's AWESOME! Just AWESOME!!! [/extreme sarcasm]

Mom...is that you???

Feeling a little Holier than Thou, are we??

LOL A little.

But seriously...It's kind of a ridiculous habit. Like drinking or eating too much candy or not working out or watching reality TV shows.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

From a smoker turned vaper:

im less weak minded and more weak bodied.

Or, maybe im just apathetic about making a choice? Not sure. But i like vaping better than smoking, mostly because (as a fat guy) i really enjoy the sense of taste returning. Its so much better that I can almost taste into the future.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   
With things like this, you realise, this world (but now without doubt) had gone mad.

I'm gonna buy some new mods and spare parts. Soon you are stuck with those crappy e-sigarettes made by the big tobacco company's.
Don't believe? just watch it.

edit on 7-5-2016 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Well that's your opinion. The most important things is since smoking tobacco is really addicting and very unhealthy, this is just a great invention getting people of that very unhealthy addiction. For many it is and for many more a life saver, vaping. So even while you may get addicted (although a better word is ''a habbit''!) to vaping, it's still way way way better then smoking!

The biggest problem with smoking tobacco is the combustion and releasing over 4000 dangerous chemicals with it. Same with combustion engines, making the air quality unhealthy. In fact if you live at 50 meters from a highway, it's as worse as smoking tobacco for your health.

Vaping isn't really harmful, it hasn't proven being so, it doesn't smell, and it's way cheaper also.
You feel much more healthy, more air, better blood circulation and so on and on. Basically almost the same when you don't smoke!

So you ain't doing anything in your life that's bad for you? And again vaping isn't proven to be bad for you!

It's kinda like my like those grammar nazi's, your opinion about this matter.

Did you smoke ever? your weight is healthy? you ain't driving cars I hope making the air quality worse for other people...
In fact if you drive a car, your are worse for others then people who vape.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Pluginn

I have the chipsets for my current mods, Google, and a an ability to learn simple concepts of engineering......

Seriously, its not like we'd have to rely on retail services to execute our freedoms.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

It are mostly small company's right now making great vaping products, now they have to get approval for their gear which cost allot of money.
Sure maybe you could make some decent gear yourself, but i doubt that.. would be way way way worse probaly then those products made by big tobacco. In fact it would suck so much most likely I rather use those overpriced and poor vaping cigarettes made by big tobacco.

We do rely on freedom in retail...

It's like, you don't want windows on your computer but if you ain't gonna use it you gonna miss allot of great programs.
Go use Linux but don't complain that you have way less choice and content... so you see there is no real freedom with what you use but with new regulations with vaping (putting it the tabacco street with even more rules!) they are pushing just that.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
No shock.
I used to enjoy a clove or two a few years back. But BIG TOBACCO put the kabosh on any flavoring other than menthol (thanks Obama...kidding but not). Indonesia was one of the biggest producers of kreteks, or clove cigarattes, and they bitched to the world trade organization, turns out, they won. But rather than allow sales in the states, they took a deal from the US to receive weaponry and computer systems for military purposes.

Big tobacco is still big tobacco, it doesn't matter what form...

It actually wasn't big tobacco that caused us to lose our beloved Kreteks.. It was, in fact, our busy-body federal government, with their "won't someone think of the children" B.S.

Nevermind the fact that menthols are the smoke of choice for underage smokers....the legislation did diddly, but guarantee we wouldn't get any more legit Kreteks. It did hurt the tobacco industry, though not as much as it could/should have.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

lol, always the troll.

How are you today, Amazing?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

It aggravates me that they lump cigars in with cigarettes. My sweet, sweet Montecristos #2's have nothing in common with Marlboros.

Except, ya' know, tobacco.

lol

Of course, i jest.... different quality, and all that, but still tobacco, none the less.

kinda like how grey goose, and kettel one are considered the same, legally, as the super cheap, sub bottom-shelf, rot gut vodka...

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

lol, "public health risks"...which they will NEVER specify.

what a load of crap.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join