It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA Limits E-Cigarettes, Cigars, Chewing Tobacco

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Pluginn

Or, go to Linux and use WINE to run your Windows programs?

I did it for a few years before i bought new machines and went back with windows.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

That's not the point. They are killing tobacco competition, or at least they are trying that!
It cost so much money for every part for getting approval, small e-sig company's don't bother most likely bringing out their products in the US in the near future..

Same with many car manufactures abroad (example), if they are smart and many are, they won't bother bringing out their cars for sale in the US. The US is home of suing, where only really big company's have a part basically. They kill company's with that and people, only the big ones survive, so you and me have way less choice. Even for a small crime you get many many years in prison and for example the big company's from the US/banks... they will be saved/awarded even, they are too important, just like big tobacco and the tax money they get from people using those products.
Same with the ''small guys''/ average person, money going less to the average persons... 1 out of 7 using food stamps, and even more kids having not enough food every day...
You could say it has gone in the opposite way of communism and in the end it's no better, in fact I dare to say way worse! Because when the # hits the fan, it will be far more worse then when it did in the USSR.

Health care costing a fortune and you still get crappy health care! have fun... i mean the people don't care or protest at all, they are just fine with that it seems.. those in power did a good job getting the people in the US in a state of hypnosis.
Almost the same in the EU btw, we gladly followed our great example it seems after wwII and harvesting the same fruits already.
edit on 9-5-2016 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

And you missed my point: there are problem solvers and there are people who throw their hands up in despair.

Im a problem solver.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

So how you gonna solve this problem for the average person, you think you can make a nice vaping product yourself!? how does that help other people who wan't to vape instead of smoking cigarettes? You gonna start a work shop?
I don't believe that... you say you got great engineering skills.
Stop using those products already and be prepared and post some info about your progress, otherwise I don't believe you can. Oh wait don't tell, you may get sued! And

And it's not about you or me even... most people just can't, you believe you can.. but well maybe you can but even when you can it's not important in the bigger picture.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pluginn

So how you gonna solve this problem for the average person, you think you can make a nice vaping product yourself!? how does that help other people who wan't to vape instead of smoking cigarettes? You gonna start a work shop?
I don't believe that... you say you got great engineering skills.
Stop using those products already and be prepared and post some info about your progress, otherwise I don't believe you can. Oh wait don't tell, you may get sued! And

And it's not about you or me even... most people just can't, you believe you can.. but well maybe you can but even when you can it's not important in the bigger picture.

I don't care about the average person. The average person can solve their own problems. Or, alternately, they can pay me to solve their problems for them. I make good money solving problems for other people.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

But that would be illegal if you would try to make money from your vaping products!
You must get approval which cost allot of money, that's my point. You could try but if caught you would be bankrupt.

You don't care about other people, but you still gonna vote? only for yourself? You don't have kids or people you care for? Or it's all just about yourself... you don't care what your government does or may do in the bigger picture, you live on your own little safe planet? this is what the average person the US feels like as well?

You surely must like having your gun, if they gonna take that, hell breaks loose!?
Or you gonna make your own gun also?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pluginn

But that would be illegal if you would try to make money from your vaping products!
You must get approval which cost allot of money, that's my point.

You don't care about other people, but you still gonna vote? only for yourself? You don't have kids or people you care for? Or it's all just about yourself... you don't care what your government does or may do... you live on your own little safe planet? this is what the average person the US feels like as well?

Im hardly an "average person". If i were, i'd likely not be on ATS as viewpoints expressed here tend to fall well outside the "average" for the US.

Hell, i can do simple/basic algebra. That makes me 'extraordinary' by the standards of my local population.

That aside, you are using a lot of hyperbole. If this conversation is an argument, Im not interested.
If you are interested in understanding what im saying, cool. But don't put words in my mouth, which I then have to try to straighten out or defend against. An example:

You don't care about other people, but you still gonna vote? only for yourself?

- voting isn't being discussed in our conversation
- i didn't say i don't care about "other people". I said i didn't care about the "average person".
- the context in which I said "i don't care about the average person" was not a context that related to their life safety. It had to do with their ability to design/create their own vaping gear.

As it relates to caring what my government is going to do....have you not seen the circus we are calling "Election 2016"? Trump or Hillary? Do you think I get any input into that ridiculous nonsense? Should I just scream into the abyss instead? Instead, how about I control what I can control: i live in a small town out in the middle of nowhere, and teach myself everything I can possibly learn about how to do things on my own. You could call me a "hobbyist", in I learn things as a hobby. You should see the fairy gardens I make.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

yes, i can make my own gun. If my guns are seized, ill be making me one. Its not rocket science.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Alright, sure I take things in extreme points, but that way you can move things and get to the point of understanding.

But in my view many in the US think the same, about like; I fix my own problems, I can do it myself and so on.
But this I think is bull#. Even though you may have great engineering skills, or so you believe at least.
You, like me are nothing in the bigger picture... no way you can just make everything great for yourself, hunt your own food, make anything yourself to survive and have decent life.

But yes the current elections and many before as well are a big joke, and you may as well, don't bother voting at all.

So you seem to have some better surviving skills and better prepared than the average person, but your personal opinion doesn't matter about these new laws with the vaping industry... it doesn't matter at all if you can make your own great thing... why is that even important, yes for you!, nice for you sure.. still I don't believe squat that you can make everything just as great without many problems. I say bull#. You must have gotten a million dollars or more on your bank account saying that!

If you can, I bow down to my great god and pray for your protection, please be on my side!

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Nobody is anything in the bigger picture. And if 1 human can do something, then I know I can, too. Might take some practice...but I can do it, too.

Its not like the God's handed us these devices. They were made by men, like you and I. Why do you doubt that man cant learn to do these things in his garage? Sure, there are plenty of stupid people who will kill themselves in the name of personal science....maybe thats what the US needs: people to start doing things on their own, and not ceding science to authority?
edit on 5/9/2016 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

I see people smoking and vaping why do people do this to their bodies?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join