It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA Limits E-Cigarettes, Cigars, Chewing Tobacco

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
a reply to: Caver78

Not sure on this one, as tobacco companies have been producing E-cig products.

I don't know anyone who vapes who uses e-cigs from big tobacco. They produce horrible quality stuff, in my opinion they do it to dissuade people from spending money to get a good set up. You try one of the cheaper e-cigs from big tobacco, it sucks so you go back to regular cigs.

Majority of e-juice manufacturers are small businesses.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I'm assuming zero-nicotine juice won't fall into this. No I'm not, I'm assuming these sick (snips) want as many people suffering/dying as possible. "Whatever it takes" to bring back the smokers.

Anyone know what the carcinogenic vapor is they're referring to. Obviously not "e-cig" vapor, because that's obviously not true. I thought we called tobacco fumes "smoke?"

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Important to note: No study has ever linked nicotine (JUST nicotine) to cancers of any kind.

Eliquids may contain carcinogens, each would have to be reviewed individually - im pretty confident that most are significantly less harmful but since im not an expert, this could be wildly wrong and id feel like a total pillock if the liquids i have used are worse than a real cigarette. Well anyway, im almost on zero nicotine permanently so its worked for me, theres no 3mg cigarettes and certinly no zero nicotine ones, so for me its worked like magic and i dont miss real tar, carbon monoxide cigs what so ever.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I always laugh when I see people walking around sucking on plastic/metal phallic symbols and blowing out flavored scented smoke. It's not sexy, it's not manly, it's not feminine, It shows people that you have no self discipline are weak minded and addicted. That's not something to be proud of.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
It aggravates me that they lump cigars in with cigarettes. My sweet, sweet Montecristos #2's have nothing in common with Marlboros.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard
It's hilarious the only counter argument I see is that you can serve and die your country but you can't buy a cigarette. Well, if the idiots would just read the bill they would realize that military personnel are exempt from the bill and they can buy all the cigarettes they please.

In EVERY situation except for alcohol and tobacco, the law considers 18 years old to be mature enough to make fully independent decisions. You are sentenced as an adult for any crimes you commit after you turn 18, you can sign yourself into massive debt contracts upon turning 18, you can choose to fully modify or disfigure your own body at 18, you can vote at 18.

To say military service is the only counter argument against this intrusive and fascist nanny law is flat out disingenuous.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
They raise age because most teenage crimes, are over money for smokes and other relatively cheap substances. And I don't believe that they have right to stop teens from smoking if they choose to. THEY DO ANYWAY. Rather it was without the break and enters.
edit on 5-5-2016 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78

originally posted by: the owlbear
No shock.
I used to enjoy a clove or two a few years back. But BIG TOBACCO put the kabosh on any flavoring other than menthol (thanks Obama...kidding but not). Indonesia was one of the biggest producers of kreteks, or clove cigarattes, and they bitched to the world trade organization, turns out, they won. But rather than allow sales in the states, they took a deal from the US to receive weaponry and computer systems for military purposes.

Big tobacco is still big tobacco, it doesn't matter what form...

Don't get me started! SOB's completely trashed my life with that deal. I LOVE my kreteks!!! SOBBING!!!
Life hasn't been the same since. The Djarum cigars suck.

The big deal with the FDA regulating e-products is...
DC already taxes e-liquids ect at an additional 40%.
This will be additional taxes for both consumers and small businesses. It adds another layer of regulation and since no regulation is free we'll all be paying for it. As regular cigarettes sales went down so did all the tax revenue from them. For awhile as Vaping took off as an alternative more tax revenue was lost. Not only do the Feds depend on this money while telling us we are awful neanderthals for smoking, States and many programs also depend on this tax money rolling in.

Yeah, the cigars suck. But they have gotten better recently. You need to find a shop that will sell you new ones. I lucked out in that the gas station down the hill from me carried them and started to since I bought them. They're not as good as the old school, but better than they were for a while.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Ok, so right now, they aren't regulated and taxing buying just nicotine right?
Because at this point I make my own vape fluid, with just three ingredients.

Maybe I should stock up just in case?

Damn Government.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

It's hilarious the only counter argument I see is that you can serve and die your country but you can't buy a cigarette. Well, if the idiots would just read the bill they would realize that military personnel are exempt from the bill and they can buy all the cigarettes they please.

In EVERY situation except for alcohol and tobacco, the law considers 18 years old to be mature enough to make fully independent decisions. You are sentenced as an adult for any crimes you commit after you turn 18, you can sign yourself into massive debt contracts upon turning 18, you can choose to fully modify or disfigure your own body at 18, you can vote at 18.

To say military service is the only counter argument against this intrusive and fascist nanny law is flat out disingenuous.

Not quite, chief, kids have been tried as adults as young as thirteen.
Mayb it's Texas, maybe it's society, I don't know. Wheeeeeeeeeoooooooo, Texas, AND plenty of other states.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
No shock.
I used to enjoy a clove or two a few years back. But BIG TOBACCO put the kabosh on any flavoring other than menthol (thanks Obama...kidding but not). Indonesia was one of the biggest producers of kreteks, or clove cigarattes, and they bitched to the world trade organization, turns out, they won. But rather than allow sales in the states, they took a deal from the US to receive weaponry and computer systems for military purposes.

Big tobacco is still big tobacco, it doesn't matter what form...

Same thing happened to Bidi's from india, I used to love the Strawberry ones like no other, then poof all gone and banned in the states claiming some tax regs that were never clearly spelt out..

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Obviously there are exceptions to the rule, but I'm talking the vanilla averages. If a 16 year old with no prior record decides to five finger discount some moderately priced piece of junk from Walmart, it is highly unlikely they'll be tried as an adult, even in Texas.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Check this out. Glycerine on your teeth will destroy all of them over time. A dentist told me that it acts like a food for the bacteria that grow on the gums and teeth. Practically all of the manufacturers of e-cig juice use glycerine as a thickener. Then, you have others adding things like polypropylene-glycol to the mix. I don't care what anyone says, I don't believe e-cigs are healthy at all, regardless of whether there is nicotine in them, if they contain either of those ingredients.

The reason they have to add ingredients like these is because they have to dilute the nicotine to a specific strength. IT can kill people easily if they overdose on it. It is also a vasoconstrictor. It contstricts blood vessels and reduces circulation. The best thing is to quit all of that, if you can manage.

I was thinking of making a thread on the above information, but I decided to share that today.

Dr. Wayne Dyer said one time that you don't need to smoke to live. Basically, when a person decides that they don't "need" a vape or smoke to "live", it makes it easier to decide to QUIT! It also costs a lot less.

If a person wants to smoke or vape, I have no problem with it.
edit on 5/5/2016 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78

The Food and Drug Administration released its long-awaited plan Thursday for regulating e-cigarettes and other tobacco products — and says it plans to ban their sale to anyone under 18.

USA: Health: Modified Electronic Cigarettes Create More Carcenogenic Vapor
View of different types of Electronic Cigarettes Sandy Huffaker / Corbis via Getty Images
The sweeping new rule gives FDA authority to regulate -- but not to ban -- all tobacco products, from e-cigarettes to cigars and hookahs.

Anti-tobacco advocacy groups had feared the FDA would exempt cigars from the final rule, which will be open for public comment before it becomes final.

The ban on sales to people under 18 will take effect when the rule becomes final in 90 days.

FDA Limits E-Cigarettes, Cigars, Chewing Tobacco

Such BS! Vapes do not create "more carcenogenic vapors"! Yeah if you walk off the street into a gas station and buy some POS. My buddy owns a vape shop so I got to see all of his research on vaping liquids, kits, and mods. If done with none of the extra flavoring, they actually make LESS! So I guess one study on... brand? type?... convinced the Feds to scare everybody into passing this! If you vape, don't use one with solder in it! Just saying.

And he predicted this would happen so he self-prohibited sales to pre-eighteen year olds. There is a town to the north of here that added even more taxes to e-cigs and sends him threatening letters--even though he is not in their district!

Give 'em an inch and they'll take an ell!

And hookahs? My sweet, sweet, hookah!

[ETA: He mixes his own fluids for his customers. He used to smoke, switched to vaping. Now he doesn't even use nicotine in his liquid.]
edit on 5-5-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: clarity

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
So you can't smoke at 18 because you're too young, but you can vote and buy birth control because you're mature enough.

Check please!

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

Yah, who would stop a bunch of soldiers all geared up for a mission from smoking. Can you imagine?

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: intrptr

Is it eighteen or twenty one? This AM I heard form the tube, the new minimum age is going to be twenty one.

Someone clarify…

California has just raised the age to 21

Go figure, they just introduced legislation to lower the drinking age to 18. California, the granola state… fruits, nuts and flakes.

search result
edit on 5-5-2016 by intrptr because: link

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

And don't forget you still have to register for the draft because you are mature enough. Whatever that is!

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Is it eighteen or twenty one? This AM I heard form the tube, the new minimum age is going to be twenty one.

Someone clarify…

Starting in June the age to buy tobacco in California will be 21.

How is this even constitutional? If you're a soldier, you're somehow "more equal" in California?

What happened to "equal protection under the law"?

How would this affect mixing your own products? VG/PG isn't very expensive. Some flavoring isn't very expensive. If they want to regulate nicotine, you can extract your own from loose leaf tobacco if worst comes to worst.

The only issue then becomes recipes for decent flavors. I bet there's forums for that, too. I just haven't looked.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Same with people who are over weighted right? Always laughing when you see them eating so much, and watching it is gross, the sounds! Looking at their fat when they are walking, lol! I mean you eat only because your body needs it! not because you like the taste of course.
I just can't stand people who are addicted at eating, making them look so fat/unhealthy!

What about people driving cars, cars are unhealthy, blowing out harmfull smoke and making tons of noise, yet smiling in their car which costs them tons of money each year. Even when they only need to travel a small distance, like 1 or 2 km and they still take their car for getting there!? You can easily walk or use a bicycle.. must be an addiction?
yea not classy...

And what about when you use e-liquids without nicotine, it doesn't have anything addicting in it, then what? they ain't addicted to it but just like doing it!? the horror!

edit on 5-5-2016 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join