It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Shuts Down Comments on Malia Obama Article When Realizing How Racist their Readers Are

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
sou rce

Following an article about Malia Obama set to attend Harvard

Fox News was forced to close the comment section when their readers began displaying their horrific racism for all the world to see.

These racists commenting that Malia’s acceptance into Harvard has to be based on her race also fail to consider that her mother holds two Ivy League degrees from Harvard and Princeton. Perhaps Malia inherited those brains from her mother? No, these racists can’t accept that Michelle Obama is a brilliant and accomplished woman. They can’t even accept that she’s a woman!

Screenshot of coments in article include:

-"WHO GIVES A CRAP ABOUT LITTLE MONKEY"
and
-"Wonder if she applied as a muDslime or a foreign student or just a ni@@er?"

At least they chose to close the comment board. They don't often moderate well.

edit on 4-5-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

lol, so sad actually that I share this world with people like that.

+64 more 
posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Like there are no racist comments on any other media site except Fox News because people who visit those sites are so very tolerant. Have you read the anti-Trump comments lately?

+16 more 
posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

People were mean on an anonymous comment board on the internet?! Unthinkable...

Give people a forum to speak with no repercussions and you can bet your bottom dollar someone is going to say Ni**er eventually.

I don't know anything about Obama's daughters (Why would I?) So I won't comment on wether or not her getting into Harvard is legit. Seems fair to just give her the benefit of the doubt.

edit on 4-5-2016 by Bennyzilla because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I thought the girls were adopted

+48 more 
posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Like there are no racist comments on any other media site except Fox News because people who visit those sites are so very tolerant. Have you read the anti-Trump comments lately?

Are there people calling Trump a ni**er? I must have missed that.

By the way, what you did is try to deflect from the original premise.

Red Herring.

+23 more 
posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Well she is related to Obama and there is a lot of anger right now towards his failed Presidency. Taking it out on his daughter is extreme, but I understand displaced anger. My wife gets angry at me after a hard day at work out of convenience.

+38 more 
posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Red Herring.

No, they call Trump a racist and Hitler, but it is all fine and dandy coming from the Left. Extremists aren't tolerant people and that goes for both Leftists and Righties. I am more surprised that you are surprised.
edit on 2016/5/4 by Metallicus because: sp

+25 more 
posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Well she is related to Obama and there is a lot of anger right now towards his failed Presidency. Taking it out on his daughter is extreme, but I understand displaced anger. My wife gets angry at me after a hard day at work out of convenience.

Do you believe displaced anger about a perceived failed presidency justifies racist comments?

+33 more 
posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
What the hell happened to the days when children were off limits?

People are idiots.

+7 more 
posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I didn't say that. I was surprised that this was about a teen. The President;s daughter, even. FOX is a news site, I would expect better there than say youtube or 4chan.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I just laugh at these people, preferably in their face, to show them how little of an impact their racist opinions have.

+25 more 
link   

Red Herring.

No, they call Trump and racist and Hitler, but it is all fine and dandy coming from the Left. Extremists aren't tolerant people and that goes for both Leftists and Righties.

Calling him racist because of his previous statements and comparing him to Hitler is not equal to hating someone because of their skin color.

Call me Hitler...whatever.

Call me a ni**er...them be fighting words.
edit on 4-5-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
link   

Do you believe displaced anger about a perceived failed presidency justifies racist comments?

Did anything I say give you that impression? Why don't you read my post.

+20 more 
link   

Does that excuse what these people wrote?

+1 more 
link   
a reply to: introvert

Just Hitler, Racist, Sexist, Bigot.....

Is that still deflection or would more examples be required before we've proven that people on the internet say mean things to and about everyone.

If the comments board doesn't make you sign in through Facebook and show your name/face then they have to accept that trolls and real racists will feel empowered to say whatever they want for whatever reason.

+14 more 
posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Red Herring.

No, they call Trump and racist and Hitler, but it is all fine and dandy coming from the Left. Extremists aren't tolerant people and that goes for both Leftists and Righties.

Calling him racist because of his previous statements and comparing him to Hitler is not equal to hating someone because of their skin color.

Well it is your choice to get angry over your trigger words.

Good luck with that...

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Did anything I say give you that impression? Why don't you read my post.

I did read your post. I was asking a follow-up question.

Surely you understand that concept.

+7 more 
posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I wonder if there is any chance this is not being done to cause trouble, and not by racists?
We have seen this happen before, false reports, etc. to incite people to think that racism is rampant and start some kind of revolution.

I seem to recall a situation recently where people made false accusations about a racial attack on a bus.
And there was another recent incident where racial slurs on a wall at a college turned out to be by black students trying to incite other blacks to protest.

Not that racism does not exist, but... it seems to be exaggerated sometime.
Or else I just live in an area where we just don't see it that much.

+3 more 
posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Red Herring.

Well it is your choice to get angry over your trigger words.

Good luck with that...

How would you feel if someone called your wife a whore?

Wouldn't that spark a reaction from you? I know I would feel compelled to address it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join