It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Shuts Down Comments on Malia Obama Article When Realizing How Racist their Readers Are

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Unfortunately, it's the time(s) we live in. I've noticed the racial tension building up in recent years, haven't you?
edit on 4-5-2016 by lostbook because: word add

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla
a reply to: introvert

Just Hitler, Racist, Sexist, Bigot.....

Is that still deflection or would more examples be required before we've proven that people on the internet say mean things to and about everyone.

If the comments board doesn't make you sign in through Facebook and show your name/face then they have to accept that trolls and real racists will feel empowered to say whatever they want for whatever reason.

Trump does display some of those characteristics. Publicly. So, people will call him that. Much different than calling someone's child those horrendous names.

When I speak on discqus (Discus?), I use either reldra or my real name, depends on the fastest option to log in. So I make thoughtful comments. Some of those accounts are throwaways and some have long histories in the screenshot. They, feeling empowered to do so shouldn't reduce outrage or offense.
edit on 4-5-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Give an example?
People keep accusing Trump, and I have yet to see an truly quoted example, not taken out of context, of the accusations you mention.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla
a reply to: introvert
If the comments board doesn't make you sign in through Facebook and show your name/face then they have to accept that trolls and real racists will feel empowered to say whatever they want for whatever reason.

Imagine if you will, for a moment, being Malia Obama this week, thrilled to be going to Harvard, excited about the prospects of a gap year. She’s a 17-year-old high school senior, doing what millions of other 17-year-olds — like my own daughter — are doing now. They’re deciding on schools and making plans for their futures. They have big dreams, and an optimistic outlook. I just hope Malia didn’t read the comments following the story about her college plans on Fox’s website. It got so bad Fox had to shut down the comments section.

They called her “little monkey,” and “little ape.” One poster hoped she would get AIDS.

“I wonder if she applied as a muDslime..or a foreign student..or just a Ni@@,” wrote another poster. That one got the most likes.

The comments go on and on.

The astonishing thing is that some of the posters used what appeared to be their full names. No shame in being a vile, racist, pig. Not when the possible future leader of the free world doesn’t know to disavow the KKK, shouts plans to build walls and keep Muslims out at every rally, calls other candidates nasty names and disparages women. The presumptive nominee for President of the United States eggs on the racists and the bigots. He gives them voice where they had none. (Source)

+3 more 
posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Only the ignorant people think his presidency is a fail and call him and his family ni88ers, everyone else is happy with him.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Man oh man Fox and some other news agency have some really racists comments...it's embarrassing that some people are so venomous...

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

Man oh man Fox and some other news agency have some really racists comments...it's embarrassing that some people are so venomous...

One of the worst is WND.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
You choose to be offended. They are just words from someone you don't know and never will. It doesn't effect you personally at all. Feel bad for the person for being so bitter/full of hate and moveon.org

You're not going to lump all of Fox News viewers into this racist category because of this, it isn't going to work.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

"What appear to be"

You're better than that my man.

If it is their real names then good, there's the real racists everyone is always looking for. You know who they are now.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

Only the ignorant people think his presidency is a fail and call him and his family ni88ers, everyone else is happy with him.

That's my take. Failed presidency compared to what? Other presidents?

If you compare Obama to the ten presidents that came before him, he's been a really good president. In all metrics. Not the top, nor the best but really good.

If you mean he didn't live up to expectations? None of them ever do. Even the ones we usually hold on a pedestal, like Washington and Lincoln and Eisenhower. They all had issues.

Need proof of this failed presidency please. Keeping in mind that a list of things he didn't do or did do, doesn't constitute proof of a failed presidency, since I can produce a similar list of all the presidents we've ever had, including Washington. You can't hold Obama up to a higher standard than the other presidents we've had in the US> LOL

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
It's sad. But it's a small percentage.

Let me guess, you stereotype Fox news watchers as racists, Republicans as racists, all police are brutes who love violence, but stick up for Muslims saying they aren't all terrorists and not everyone on food stamps is too lazy to work.

Does it ever get hard to remember what demographics you think it's okay to generalize and which ones you're not allowed to?

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

I think its pretty obvious that Fox News watchers have a higher percentage of rascists...just sayin'

Not all of them, maybe not even most of them, but they have the lowest of the low scum watching them and unfortunately they are the loudest.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I bet most (if not all) of those "racist" comments were posted by deep cover operatives Hell-bent on driving more wedges between people.

No other explanation.

link   

Not all Republicans are racists but all racists are republicans

link   

originally posted by: introvert
How would you feel if someone called your wife a whore?

Wouldn't that spark a reaction from you? I know I would feel compelled to address it.

Actually, thats not the apples to apples comparison

If someone seen the accomplishments of a wife and not called her a whore, but called all women whores and used their whore card to achieve something.

That is the mindset at work with racism..it isn't attacking a specific person, it is attacking an entire segment of the world.
racists and sexists..actual racists and sexist, not the new sjw definition, but the real ones are some of the most disgusting humans ever to curse the world. They need to be exposed and mocked until they simply stop contributing to the world.

The problem however is that as there becomes less and less racism in the west, the people seeking out racists and sexists start broadening the catagory to include more and more "Variations" of racism and sexism...which of course means the words and labels lose their edge..it becomes 'nazi" where it is just a word used when you disagree with someone.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Like there are no racist comments on any other media site except Fox News because people who visit those sites are so very tolerant. Have you read the anti-Trump comments lately?

One only has to visit the articles that feature anything to do with Christianity for any reason on just about any news site to see all kinds of virulent comments; it doesn't matter where they are posted or what the reason for the article is.

+3 more 
posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Uh, can we possibly have some middle ground which covers the many, many intelligent Americans who consider his presidency to be less than a success, are not happy with him, but would never devolve into racist horsesnip to voice their disapproval with him? The OP is an embarrassment for which the commenters involved should hang their heads in shame, but I'd argue the constant attempt to link any criticism of the man to racism is equally embarrassing and flat out ignorant.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Not even remotely. For example, there was the black Rhodes Scholar from South Africa who refused to tip a white waitress because he wanted to bring down Rhodes, and he berated her for everything wrong in his country, including white people, and reduced her to tears.

His only problem with her was her race.

But somehow, I don't think he's a Republican.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

There are MANY MANY more people out there than the crowd that you hang around that do not agree with you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join