It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chile Beaches covered with dead sea creatures

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on May, 4 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
The phenomenon continues...

Heaps of dead whales, salmon and sardines blamed on the El Nino freak weather phenomenon have clogged Chile's Pacific beaches in recent months. Last year, scientists were shocked when more than 300 whales turned up dead on remote bays of the southern coast. It was the first in a series of grim finds. At the start of this year, a surge in algae in the water choked to death an estimated 40,000 tons of salmon in the Los Lagos region, where the Andes tower over lakes and green farming valleys down to the coast. That is about 12 percent of annual salmon production in Chile, the world's second-biggest producer of the fish after Norway. This month, some 8,000 tons of sardines were washed up at the mouth of the Queule river. And thousands of dead clams piled up on the coast of Chiloe Island.

Wave of dead sea creatures wash up on Chile beaches

They continue to blame most of these die offs on El NIno, but this has been going on in mass numbers for the past few years. What are they going to blame it on in a couple of years when there supposedly isn't an El Nino. With our current rapid warming of the planet, El NIno is every year. The Pacific, along with other seas, lakes and oceans, are warming and this warming causes a lot of problems for sea life, such as much larger "Red Tides" which kill the fish.

I have an extensive thread here where I explain a lot of the causes of these mass animal die offs and also what IMO is the reason for them. Why an increase in mass animal deaths

Here is a paragraph from that thread...

These numbers are staggering. If there is any one of the phenomena featured in this theory that is a substantial indicator of something terribly wrong, it’s these mass-animal die-offs. They indicate something is seriously wrong with our planet and that we, humanity, face a grave and dire threat. Whether you accept the theory that I present, you should in no way discount the relevance of these mass animal die-offs. They just can’t be brushed away as ‘normal’ or insignificant. These things don’t happen like this. Whether I’m correct with the dangerous gas theory or not, something is amiss and it’s evident that our seas and air are polluted in some unnatural way that is detrimental to animal life. If it’s killing off the animal life of our world, how much longer before humans begin dying off in mass?

I especially liked this comment beneath the article I linked above about the Chile beaches

Climate change is just a political tool. That's what the right keeps saying so it must be true, they wouldn't lie to us. Those fish committed mass suicide.

When are we going to pull our heads out of our arses and start taking action to stop the death of our planet? Who cares whether climate change is manmade or not, it doesn't matter anymore. What matters is that every action we take, such as fracking, is contributing to this dangerous path we are on. This may be a natural process of the Earth, the sun, the stars, whatever, but I can wager that our actions (or inaction) isn't helping matters, or insuring our continued existence on this planet.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

What terrifies me more than the overwhelming number of these stories I have seen, is the near completely blackout in the mainstream media. The lack of coverage does not make me believe it is a non-story. It makes me think it is a much much bigger story.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
People don't wanna change, there is to much luxury to loose.

And they do not like to be told to change, then they start shouting about rights and freedom stuff.

Taxes are not going to do much if anything.

Animals mass dying... it happens every year, it has become normal, so it's just nature doing natural things, they say.

edit on 4-5-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Slave2theTruth

Agreed. They are controlled by the very forces who refuse to acknowledge the path we are on. I caught this story this morning on Drudge. I was surprised to see it there.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
You realize the "death of our planet" is probably an exaggeration, right? Do you truly believe a Venus scenario is likely? It's possible, but there's nothe much indication that it's going to happen, and yes I've read most of your threads and am aware of Mr jumping Jack flash.

Very cool storms this last year around here. Definitely feels like a quickening of extreme events as the years pass! Cheers.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Slave2theTruth

What terrifies me more than the overwhelming number of these stories I have seen, is the near completely blackout in the mainstream media. The lack of coverage does not make me believe it is a non-story. It makes me think it is a much much bigger story.

Cognitive dissonance?

Your first sentence makes no sense.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
If 300 whales are beaching themselves each season in Chile, then maybe the Japan whalers should go their instead of the Antarctic whale breading grounds that Australia is trying to preserve. No breading grounds no more whales.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I am not a fan of fracking as it has so many negative side effects for our environment. If not fracking is going to save the planet the we have some common ground. I also have no problem with affordable green energy solutions. The problem with many green technologies is they cost more than traditional energy sources.

Having clear action plans that most can agree on is the key to progress. Raising taxes and energy costs is not the answer and is a big reason people are suspicious of the climate change agenda.

Doing common sense things that don't increase expense or the power of authoritarian government will get support.
edit on 2016/5/4 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye

And they do not like to be told to change, then they start shouting about rights and freedom stuff.

Animals mass dying... it happens every year, it has become normal, so it's just nature doing natural things, they say.

I wonder at what point will people finally be ready to sacrifice.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
You realize the "death of our planet" is probably an exaggeration, right? Do you truly believe a Venus scenario is likely? It's possible, but there's nothe much indication that it's going to happen, and yes I've read most of your threads and am aware of Mr jumping Jack flash.

Very cool storms this last year around here. Definitely feels like a quickening of extreme events as the years pass! Cheers.

The "death of our planet" probably a stretch. The "death of us" not so unlikely.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I think it's pretty damned unlikely, but if it helps you sleep at night.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

What exactly do you think we need to sacrifice? Aren't there changes that can be made without draconian new laws and taxes?
edit on 2016/5/4 by Metallicus because: Readability

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

When forced...It might not end well though.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Ha!! I actually worried about exactly that when I wrote it.

I guess the key is the use of the word "Mainstream" when describing the media. The vast majority of these stories I see reported are in either alternative news sites or scientific/environmentalist sites.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Slave2theTruth

Guess I wouldn't know haven't watched MSM regularly in about 15 years now. They were reporting a bit of extreme weather events back then. Maybe that's changed.

We have more information flowing around now than in the past. Extreme weather events have been occurring since the beginning of time. I do think there's more freakish events now than a generation ago, but think this needs to be balanced by the understanding that there's more coverage in media by whatever means, and some people have an agenda to focus on these events painting a story that might not reflect reality.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Fair point.

I do my best to try and sort thru "Chicken-Little" posts and do not try to draw conclusions when facts don't support it.

I may be over sensitive due to my personal fear that Fukishima related issues are worse than we are being told, thus leading to me drawing my own conclusions that mass sealife deaths are somehow related.

However, to be honest, I don't know how often these events occur normally. I may just being paying more attention and there may actually be more reporting of such events due to the growth of alternative news outlets.

That said, I also lived on the coast of the Gulf of Mexico during the BP disaster and I have seen first hand the lengths the government and media will go to in order to protect maritime based industries. I remember being battered with pronouncements that Gulf seafood was fine and good to eat long before they could have possibly done sufficient testing and study to make such a claim.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Something is going on down there. There are oil wells all over the ocean there. Who knows what is causing it. They seem to blame it on the El-Nino yet from history there was never as much fish landing on their shores during these events. Sure there was some but not nearly as much from what I read in the last three years.

Call it natural so the money keeps rolling in. I'm not going to say it definitely not natural only that there may be some problems that the oil companies or industry is doing that can be causing this. Local authorities won't challenge the oil companies, many are probably paid utilizing the royalties off the businesses.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

oh boy... the Great Barrier Reef on the other side of the planet, now these are more and more frequent.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

What exactly do you think we need to sacrifice? Aren't there changes that can be made without draconian new laws and taxes?

How about gasoline. That's just one.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Slave2theTruth

Ha!! I actually worried about exactly that when I wrote it.

I guess the key is the use of the word "Mainstream" when describing the media. The vast majority of these stories I see reported are in either alternative news sites or scientific/environmentalist sites.

You are correct, the mainstream is ignoring it. Your first sentence made complete sense. You see these stories here at ATS, but not on your nightly news.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join