It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chile Beaches covered with dead sea creatures

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
a reply to: Slave2theTruth

Guess I wouldn't know haven't watched MSM regularly in about 15 years now. They were reporting a bit of extreme weather events back then. Maybe that's changed.

We have more information flowing around now than in the past. Extreme weather events have been occurring since the beginning of time. I do think there's more freakish events now than a generation ago, but think this needs to be balanced by the understanding that there's more coverage in media by whatever means, and some people have an agenda to focus on these events painting a story that might not reflect reality.

Sorry, but record keeping has been going on since 1880 in regards to weather events and everything is telling us that yes, indeed, there are much more extremes now than a generation ago. This isn't due to better media coverage.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Great info Rez !
For me, unless those fish died from El Niño being too
cool (because El Niño is doing a negative anomaly
and is forecast to continue through winter 2017)
I'd venture that we may have a big quake coming
somewhere on the west coast of the Americas soon.
But I'm sure that's still considered pseudoscience.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

Most likely military sonar / underwater weaponry...it's not much consolation for the animals, but it appears to be effective, whatever it is.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
There is major factory farming in the affected regions. Aqua/Agriculture have the most lethal impact on the environment and climate change..

Not many people want to talk about the elephant though...

Want to recover the eco system? Quit eating meat/fish..
edit on 4-5-2016 by Tucket because: come clarity

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

You realize the "death of our planet" is probably an exaggeration, right? Do you truly believe a Venus scenario is likely? It's possible, but there's nothe much indication that it's going to happen, and yes I've read most of your threads and am aware of Mr jumping Jack flash.

Venus is not going to happen, but an enormously smaller level of climate change is enough to extinguish successful technological human civilization.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

Just about anything can extinguish successful technological human civilization, from a virus whether natural or man-made, to vulcanism, to cometary / meteor / asteroid strikes, to warfare, to a carrington-like Solar event (or series of)...there are lots of ways for us to go back to forgetting advanced technology and begin making flint hand axes again.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: Mianeye
People don't wanna change, there is to much luxury to loose.

And they do not like to be told to change, then they start shouting about rights and freedom stuff.

Taxes are not going to do much if anything.

Animals mass dying... it happens every year, it has become normal, so it's just nature doing natural things, they say.

I wonder at what point will people finally be ready to sacrifice.

What exactly do you think we need to sacrifice? Aren't there changes that can be made without draconian new laws and taxes?

How about gasoline. That's just one.

The centrality of the problem is people who think that paying 40c per gallon more on fossil fuels is "draconian"---they have NO IDEA what Draconian (7th century BC Athenian tyrant) really means.

Mitigating catastrophic climate change now is exactly what we need to lower the chance of mass totalitarian ideologies to explode (religious fascism/communism, etc) over the planet in response to the stresses of poverty, disease and enormous angry migration.

Paying a little more in taxes? It's just money.

Avoiding a boot in your face for the rest of your short, brutish, life? Priceless.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt saved democracy and capitalism from itself.

edit on 4-5-2016 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-5-2016 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

The problem is though we'll have the boot in the face and be made to pay for cleaning it too.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

And they do not like to be told to change, then they start shouting about rights and freedom stuff.

Animals mass dying... it happens every year, it has become normal, so it's just nature doing natural things, they say.

What exactly do you think we need to sacrifice? Aren't there changes that can be made without draconian new laws and taxes?

What is the alternative technology? CNG might work, but there aren't any good techs ready to go right now.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I was speaking of mass kills of sea life and not weather extremes. I am sure there are records of these sorts of events as well. I just do not claim to have reviewed them or to know what such a review would show.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

THis IS quite terrifying

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

What is the alternative technology? CNG might work, but there aren't any good techs ready to go right now.

I don't believe that. I believe they have been ready but delayed for the sake of the billions in profits from oil and gas. We are far beyond technological achievement to have made some of these alt energy sources more efficient by now. No, O&G has a stranglehold on us all.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slave2theTruth

I was speaking of mass kills of sea life and not weather extremes. I am sure there are records of these sorts of events as well. I just do not claim to have reviewed them or to know what such a review would show.

Tracking all mass animal die offs worldwide since 2011 - End Times Prophecy

Scroll to the bottom of page for previous years. 2015 was the worst year for animal die offs with 2013 not far behind at 798 events. Each year prior to 2013 was a major escalation from just a 145 mass animal die offs events in 2011, to 465 events in 2012.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Exactly! The tech is there - although how Metallicus thinks we can do "something different" without investing in materials, research, development, and talent is beyond me.

But yes, the tech is there.
It just doesn't get much traction. My kid is a materials scientist - aware of all the available stuff. Hydrogen energy, solar techniques, ceramics, etc.
edit on 5/4/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
We've been in El Nino for the past three years or so with this past year being a strong El Nino year.

However, the El Nino is now rapidly dissipating. These events always cause huge upheavals in the ecosystem, top to bottom. We'll see if they continue when the El Nino dies off.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel

You realize the "death of our planet" is probably an exaggeration, right? Do you truly believe a Venus scenario is likely? It's possible, but there's nothe much indication that it's going to happen, and yes I've read most of your threads and am aware of Mr jumping Jack flash.

Venus is not going to happen, but an enormously smaller level of climate change is enough to extinguish successful technological human civilization.

Except will be off planet before that happens.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Guess I wouldn't know haven't watched MSM regularly in about 15 years now. They were reporting a bit of extreme weather events back then. Maybe that's changed.

We have more information flowing around now than in the past. Extreme weather events have been occurring since the beginning of time. I do think there's more freakish events now than a generation ago, but think this needs to be balanced by the understanding that there's more coverage in media by whatever means, and some people have an agenda to focus on these events painting a story that might not reflect reality.

Sorry, but record keeping has been going on since 1880 in regards to weather events and everything is telling us that yes, indeed, there are much more extremes now than a generation ago. This isn't due to better media coverage.

What are you sorry about? You're in no way refuting my words. Did you have trouble comprehending them? Apparently 5 people who stared you post did as well.
edit on 4-5-2016 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

There is so much goings on in our solar system now and through 2017, the sea life is the precusor to other tragedies. 3 days of darkness in June will launch the test of mankind.

Be prepared in heart, spirit, and home.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

What are you sorry about? You're in no way refuting my words. Did you have trouble comprehending them? Apparently 5 people who stared you post did as well.

I don't think I misunderstood your words. You said that yes, there are more freakish weather events but this is caused by more coverage from people with an agenda. Here is your quote that I responded too.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I don't believe that. I believe they have been ready but delayed for the sake of the billions in profits from oil and gas. We are far beyond technological achievement to have made some of these alt energy sources more efficient by now. No, O&G has a stranglehold on us all.

Maybe the tech is being withheld, but it makes no difference.

The viability isn't there right now either way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join