It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Promising The Great Wall of America.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Or a raft to go around it by sea.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

lol...yup...or....across a thousand miles or so of a 50 foot wall, a tunnel here and there.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Also, I wonder how that wall is supposed to keep these people out:
Asians Now Outpace Mexicans In Terms of Undocumented Growth

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The wall is a stupid idea, and is not going to happen.
Mexico and the US are siblings.

Like jimmy said - all it takes is a couple of ropes (you wouldn't even need a ladder if you could catapult an anchor over the top attached to your rope. Climb it, pull it up, put it down the other side, and rapel out.) Easy peasy.

LOL!! Enough of us have watched enough action movies to know a few possibilities for getting around 'barriers'. MacGyver, ya know. The Boondock Saints ('yuu an yer stuupid roap....') Or hell, just super-duty suction cups....

pwop pwop pwop pwop --- up the wall...

or even, just catapult PEOPLE over the wall!
We could stand on each side and hold up paper plates like Olympic scores....take bets, all that good stuff!!

Make some money, both Mexico and the US.

edit on 5/3/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Republicans were screaming in agreement for the patriot act, giving up right to privacy for illusion of security, monitoring our every move, dems always working to disarm the public, and now republicans screaming for a giant wall. And you know... If you put a wall on the south, eventually you gotta put a wall across the north.

Is this all really to fight terrorists, and keep guns away from criminals, and keep illegals out-- or are we just building our own giant prison?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

I posted this in anther op but felt it was relevant to your comments

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why is it soooo many Trump nay Sayers bring up the race card????????

Don't we as natural born Americans have the right to expect our sovereignty as a nation be respected and protected? I happen to be an American Indian so 99.9 % of all Americans are an alien of one form or anther. It just so happens until recent memory anyone that wanted to be an American citizen did it the right way.

How many people that arrived through Ellis Island came here with the intent of changing America to fit their view? None they came here picked up our flag and defended it, today illegals would rather burn the US flag than defend it.

I understand things are rough in the world....

If the Governments had not taken away the people's right to protect themselves they would not be in such a situation.

if the local police were actual police and not members of a drug cartel or terrorist organizations things would clean up quickly.

If the citizens were armed as we are, the Citizens would out number the cartel corrupted cops, just like here in America. Why do you think NO country on earth will ever invade the USA. 90% + of every house has some type of firearm which equals the single largest armed nation on the planet.

let me ask this.. How far do you think an American would get going to say Syria and demanding our way and burning their flag. how long do you think one would be alive???? yet millions of ILLEGALS come to our county and show little to no respect for our culture and try to turn America into their culture.

This is surly not for just Mexican immigrants but If you miss home that badly Go home, we Americans will pay for that gladly and still save trillions compared to what we give now

This is NOT about race this is about our sovereignty as a nation

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

It'll be even worse when the immigrant haters learn what a waste of money that wall will be when they realize that immigration from our southern neighbors is winding down. Like I just showed, illegal immigrants from Asia are on the rise, and the majority of them come over on visas and just let them expire.
edit on 3-5-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: tow69

The totality of the issues... Race race race. The draconian measures. Giant wall. Mass deportations. No path to legalization. Pro torture. Pro murder of innocent families.

It all adds up to hate, intolerance, racism.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Here's some food for thought.

Most border patrol agents don't really want a wall...They have other priorities first.

www.rawstory.com...

They want better gear and drones and technology. Some want a few more agents. A little bit more funding and upgraded facilities. Some newer better vehicles. That's what they want.

Instead of listening to our retarded politicians, we should be asking real border agents what they need and want.
edit on 3-5-2016 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Most border patrol agents don't really want a wall...They have other priorities first.

Do their numbers constitute enough votes to swing an election?

Than I doubt any politician cares about what they would want...what would they know about it any ways?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Something about a big giant wall around a mass surveillance state-- just doesn't scream "land of the free" or "home of the brave". I guess this is how we make America great again? Takin' it back to 1984?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

I already added this but again I felt it applied to the response
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mass deportations won't be required

Very simple answer for this,

Self deportation -
If someone comes to the attention of Law enforcement for ANY REASON and they are here illegally they will be sent home, If they are a juvenile the parents and or family will have a choice to make, the juvenile will go alone or they go with either way they are OUT

ANY REASON - as simple as a dang candy bar if they steal or do anything against our laws their gone.

Very simple....

Commit any crime you go home....

This is for anyone from anywhere that is here illegally....

We all know "all illegal immigrants" are not from Mexico, and are not here to do bad things or comment crime(s) but for those that do regardless of where they may be from should get sent home immediately, Those currently incarcerated that are illegal as soon as they do the time for the crime off they go back home.

It is a simple answer to a simple question. No 11 million people won't be deported but it will surely clear out those that have come to our country for the wrong reasons would you not agree?

have a great day

edit on 3-5-2016 by tow69 because: fixed the last line

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Excellent solution to destroy families. That's what we're trying to do right? Destroy lives, break up families, hurt people? Excellent job.

I think there's a way to do it without hurting people, but if you're intent on hurting people, that's a great way to do it.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

How about a path to legalization? Kinda like how we handle the massive illegal download problem. Instead of going after individuals and delivering worst punishment possible- maybe offer a path to legalize and get things right? Maybe less draconian? Little more human solution possibly?
edit on 3-5-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Or using those boats and submarines as target practice.
edit on 16000000pppm by yuppa because: accidental erasure

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

The totality of the issues... Race race race. The draconian measures. Giant wall. Mass deportations. No path to legalization. Pro torture. Pro murder of innocent families.

It all adds up to hate, intolerance, racism.

They cross over illegally they deserve no sympathy. straight to jail and children straight to DSS.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

a reply to: amazing

Instead of listening to our retarded politicians, we should be asking real border agents what they need and want.

Very well said.

Now this I'll agree with.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
So, just to be clear this wall is meant to keep people out-- but should also be good for keeping people IN right?

And we're ELECTING to build this big prison wall around the country of our own free will? Interesting...

This sounds like some crazy big government idea to build a giant prison wall around the country-- is this a liberal idea? Or is this a small government - freedom loving republican idea to build a giant prison wall around us?

Remind me again, why do we want to build a prison wall around the land of the free?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
My first observation on this thread was that China built a wall thousands of miles long...and no one is whining at them to tear it down because it hurts someones feelings. It stands as a tribute to their devotion to their home and will to protect it.

As for a wall on the US/Mexico border, the money spent on illegal aliens every year would more than cover the cost. As for manning the wall, there are thousands upon thousands of homeless veterans who would gladly take up residence along the wall and continue to do what they signed up for in the first place: protect this country and the American way of life. Only this time they should be paid a decent wage for doing it and receive real benefits, not the vapor benefits they supposedly get from the VA.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

immigration from our southern neighbors is winding down. Like I just showed, illegal immigrants from Asia are on the rise, and the majority of them come over on visas and just let them expire.

It has been winding down for about 10 years now, you're right. After 2008 it slowed to a trickle, and lots of them just went home.

Yes, across the street from me is a house that was just sold, and some Asian people (of undetermined nationality or ethnicity at this point) are moving in. About 14 of them. A two-bedroom, two-story house. Only one of them speaks English, according to our neighbor who owned it......

At least with people from south of the border I can speak the language. Guess I might have an opportunity here, to not only teach English, but to learn whatever language they speak. We shall see.

That makes, on just our little 2-block stretch: four homes owned by white people; two homes owned by Asian people; one owned by a Mexican family; one owned by a Cuban immigrant and his Mexican-American wife (who speaks no Spanish), two owned by black families, and the rest I don't know. There are about five more homes ..... and a largely unoccupied Baptist Church (which just changed hands for the second time in five years). Combination of ethnicities, languages, and backgrounds, to say the least.

We all do all right. Watch out for each other.

edit on 5/3/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join