It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Promising The Great Wall of America.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11
a reply to: SLAYER69

The entire country was founded on illegal immigration and genocide. I think people forget that the immigrants are human beings looking for a better opportunity. Not to mention the entire western world thrives because of the exploitation of other countries.

I get so sick of hearing this tired excuse for them over and over. The illegals of yesterday didn't come over here demanding that they be given food, medical, housing, education, etc, etc....... If they want a better life, why don't they start by fixing their own country? Oh yeah, because it's to much effort and why would they when they have us to give them damn near everything for free.

I have an idea, why don't you take a few in and give them free room and board, food, electric, pay for their Dr bills and what the hell give em your job too. They've already taken mine to the point I had to close my business, true story.

99% of them don't give a crap about you or our country and if you think they do you have your head buried in the sand. I've worked with then for well over 30 yrs, it's a subject I'm somewhat familiar with.
edit on 2-5-2016 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
They've already taken mine to the point I had to close my business, true story.

What was your business if you don't mind me asking???

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: mtnshredder
They've already taken mine to the point I had to close my business, true story.

What was your business if you don't mind me asking???

Painting. I could no longer compete and run a legitimate and legal business.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

I can see that. Where were you located at???

Some businesses have been hit harder than others. Construction is another big one.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I can see that. Where were you located at???

Some businesses have been hit harder than others. Construction is another big one.

Colorado, it's become a sanctuary state for illegals.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Has legalization changed that situation at all ?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I'm in Cali and while there are still plenty of contractors and stuff that operate legally here without illegals I'd be lying if I said that the same trend isn't also happening here and has been for a while.

That and of course the farming thing. Which for those people out there in the field I don't know anyone else who would actually do that kind of work anyway. But construction for whatever reason is one where it must just be the ability to pay them under the table or whatever that made it so prominent. It's hard to say.

I work with various contractors and even a painter. The painter is Mexican but not illegal at all. I don't think he even speaks any Spanish, but his wife does. But he works on new developments where almost all the workers are Mexican. Not sure what their status is but I know many don't speak anything but Spanish. Unlike years ago however these guys actually do good work and pretty fast too. Not the best, but good.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Then the companies who hire illegals need to be punished to the fullest extent of the law and pay appropriate fines. The legal system is such a joke. It protects those with money and power and penalizes those without.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Has legalization changed that situation at all ?

I couldn't tell you the impact of legalization to the topic at hand. I'm sure it's put a damper on their dealing business, but the one's that are in that business just start selling something else. How that's effected immigration I couldn't tell ya.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

a reply to: mOjOm

Then the companies who hire illegals need to be punished to the fullest extent of the law and pay appropriate fines. The legal system is such a joke. It protects those with money and power and penalizes those without.

They don't mess around here.

Q11: What are the penalties if an employer employs a person not lawfully employable?
The employer is liable to a maximum fine of $350,000 and three years' imprisonment.

Q12: What are the penalties if an employer fails to inspect the job seeker's identity card and, if the job seeker does not have a Hong Kong permanent identity card, his/her valid travel document?
The employer is liable to a maximum fine of $150,000 and one year imprisonment.

www.immd.gov.hk...

They do come in and check on the employees.

I've had to show them the paperwork more than a few times.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I'm in Cali and while there are still plenty of contractors and stuff that operate legally here without illegals I'd be lying if I said that the same trend isn't also happening here and has been for a while.

That and of course the farming thing. Which for those people out there in the field I don't know anyone else who would actually do that kind of work anyway. But construction for whatever reason is one where it must just be the ability to pay them under the table or whatever that made it so prominent. It's hard to say.

I work with various contractors and even a painter. The painter is Mexican but not illegal at all. I don't think he even speaks any Spanish, but his wife does. But he works on new developments where almost all the workers are Mexican. Not sure what their status is but I know many don't speak anything but Spanish. Unlike years ago however these guys actually do good work and pretty fast too. Not the best, but good.

I lived in Ca many years and saw the construction trades changing of the guard first hand, other states have followed suite. I read some numbers recently on the dollar amounts of non reported incomes in Ca. The numbers were staggering to say the least. No mystery why Ca is going broke.

You're absolutely right about them being fairly quick and doing decent work, but the quality in "general" has fallen greatly. At least in the higher end work.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Crazy you are in Hong Kong. That's awesome!!!

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I do not think anybody really thinks Trump will build a wall. Walls have never worked in particular when you can sail around them or come as over 50% illegals do on a visa and just stay. The wall would not even be an issue for most illegals. Trump will declare that anybody really though he would build a wall an idiot.

The only real way to stop illegals would be to remove the jobs that bring them hear. That would mean going after people who employ them. Trump of course knows this as he has a history of employing them. So can bet he will not be asking congress for any laws that would put him in jail.

As always illegal immigration is a political tool that nobody is ever going to do anything about because Americas dirty little secret is that it needs them.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

There wouldnt be 24,000 sentries on the wall. we'd probably install remote control machine guns and rocket launchers to destroy those who try to cross. get with the time man... 24000 people manning the wall.. pfft...

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

God emperor... the cost of illegals far outweighs the cost of the wall... if it reduces the number by only 1/2 it would pay for a wall around the entire nation.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
80% of women who cross the border get raped by other illegals according TO MEXICO ITSELF..........Why do you wall haters want women to get raped and drugs to pour in. THE WL WILL BE BUILT ! hOW DO I KNOW THA? Because Trump has backed up everything else he has done and he will back this one up. Anyone who disagrees with that just simply doesn't know anything about the guy. Someone told you he is racist and You guys need someone or something to hate.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: MEDIKATED
80% of women who cross the border get raped by other illegals according TO MEXICO ITSELF..........Why do you wall haters want women to get raped and drugs to pour in. THE WL WILL BE BUILT ! hOW DO I KNOW THA? Because Trump has backed up everything else he has done and he will back this one up. Anyone who disagrees with that just simply doesn't know anything about the guy. Someone told you he is racist and You guys need someone or something to hate.

In a way, Trump is perfect for the extreme left. He provides the single point of focus for all the things they have been whining about for years. It doesn't matter if the things they pin on him are true or not, in a sense he has given them a voice too.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
The Wall isn't going to be built. Given what little has been done over this immigration issue, it seems obvious a larger effort won't be undertaken.

Those in control have the situation just as they want it.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

a reply to: yuppa

Just because there were no formal governments doesn't mean their weren't laws abided by the people that were living on the land at that time. Those laws were trampled upon and those laws included a deep respect for the land on which they lived and every living creature.

That could be said by any native European these days too. Let 'em all in!

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

Trump's idea to build a wall and deport illegals alone is going to expand government significantly. Then throw in his plans for Muslims and the military.

In any case, the idea of a wall is just laughable. Most illegals cross the boarder by being smuggled across by car.
edit on 3-5-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join