It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11-year old Alabama boy shoots home intruder: "He started crying like a little baby"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
It is amazing to me that no one posted this from two days ago, but I will go ahead and place it right here with a smile and enjoy.

Talladega, Alabama

TALLADEGA, Ala.-- Home school student Chris Gaither, 11, was alone Wednesday morning when he heard a noise.
Someone had broken into his house and walked upstairs.

Gaither said he was scared, but wanted to be prepared so he grabbed a nine-millimeter hand gun.

“When he was coming down the stairs, that’s when he told me he was going to kill me, f-you and all that,” Gaither said.

The intruder made it out the front door with a hamper in hand.

That’s when Gaither started firing off bullets. As the intruder was about to jump a fence in the front yard, Gaither’s 12th and final shot hit the suspect in the leg.

“I shot through the hamper he was carrying,” Gaither said. “It was a full metal jacket bullet. It went straight through the back of his leg. He started crying like a little baby."

Yea boy, thats how a kid takes charge, I wont blame him for missing eleven times, he is just a kid. I like how he says he gets practice from zombies lol.

With all these kids defending their homes successfully every year, I am still firm on my beliefs that gun safety AND training should be part of core curriculum in schools starting in elementary.

Here is a list of other kids who successfully defended their homes in America and would probably have been raped or murdered in Europe by ISIS refugees claiming sexual emergencies.

The list is almost endless. It is time that our children are given the training they deserve in our public schools. I am not saying they need to be armed and assigned a firearm, but we should be training them so that if there is one they can use nearby to save themselves, they can do it with the tactical efficiency of a soldier.

America Rules, TRUMP 2016, end the Fed, Hitllary for prison!
edit on 5/1/2016 by AmericanRealist because: broken link

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

If Odin is real, surely these kids are worthy to be in Valhalla.
edit on 5/1/2016 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
So where did the other 11 shots go?..sounds like luck was on this kid's side he didn't kill a neighbor.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

well it would be of more use and practical then some of the curriculum used in school today

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

His property has a bunch of land, and he started to shoot at the guy while he was still inside, so he probably put most of the slugs into the wall.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
"It is time that our children are given the training they deserve in our public schools. I am not saying they need to be armed and assigned a firearm, but we should be training them so that if there is one they can use nearby to save themselves, they can do it with the tactical efficiency of a soldier."

I'm what you would call a liberal & I literally could not agree with you more.

+10 more 
posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Wonder what the first 3 words in the story have to do with the incident?

Home school student Chris Gaither, 11, was alone Wednesday morning when he heard a noise.

Must be a weak MSM attempt at stereotyping and stigmatization.

They never let go.

edit on May-01-2016 by xuenchen because: always a secondary issue

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

a 9mil will not travel through 2 sets of walls also being upstairs reduces probability of striking a by-standard.

+3 more 
posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
Yea boy, thats how a kid takes charge, I wont blame him for missing eleven times, he is just a kid. I like how he says he gets practice from zombies lol.

With all these kids defending their homes successfully every year, I am still firm on my beliefs that gun safety AND training should be part of core curriculum in schools starting in elementary.

So the intruder has left the house with 'the hamper', whatever that was,...laundry? picnic?...and the kid shot him climbing the fence? If he'd have killed him, that would be a heavy weight to put on a kid...taking a life for the contents of a hamper. You couldn't call it self defence. I'm not sure the courts would either. I feel sorry for the kid.

+13 more 
posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

the guy was telling him he was going to kill him and other malarky. Also, even a crackhead doesnt leave empty hampered, it was likely full of the stolen goods. Besides, judging by the way this kid talks, I have a feeling he would not have felt as bad as you think, and I would not chastise him for being cold to the criminal who he just killed.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

So the intruder has left the house with 'the hamper', whatever that was,...laundry? picnic?...and the kid shot him climbing the fence? If he'd have killed him, that would be a heavy weight to put on a kid...taking a life for the contents of a hamper. You couldn't call it self defence. I'm not sure the courts would either. I feel sorry for the kid.

Indeed it would be but hey what the hell was the guy doing in someones house in the first place??.. So if he gets away with one robbery then another a few years from now it "could" be a Murder or Rape, however now he will have hop along to the prison showers.. Good on the kid I say..

RA

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

The intruder made it out the front door with a hamper in hand. That’s when Gaither started firing off bullets. As the intruder was about to jump a fence in the front yard, Gaither’s 12th and final shot hit the suspect in the leg.

Isn't it against the law to shoot someone who is (unarmed and) fleeing? If he was an adult, this kid would probably be arrested for aggravated assault, or something.

Lucky thing he didn't kill the guy.

edit on 1-5-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

They were hoping someone would correlate him being alone while being homeschooled. Young Chris turned out to know his lessons so well he became the teacher.

+16 more 
posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
1) Shoots person while walking away from property

2) Says suspect "cried like a little baby" after being shot

There's some good future American cop material right there.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

The child was in fear of his life at the criminal who verbally threatened to murder him during his second break in to this families home. I am thinking the child was in fear of the criminal who just verbally threatened to murder him would return a third time with a sexual emergency.

But good luck trying to prosecute the child

edit on 5/1/2016 by AmericanRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

The intruder made it out the front door with a hamper in hand. That’s when Gaither started firing off bullets. As the intruder was about to jump a fence in the front yard, Gaither’s 12th and final shot hit the suspect in the leg.

Isn't it against the law to shoot someone who is (unarmed and) fleeing? If he was an adult, this kid would probably be arrested for aggravated assault, or something.

Depends on the law in each particular state. But I agree with your comments, as well and Johnny's.

I can just imagine how he was feeling, scared and adrenaline-filled, but I don't believe what he did was the proper course of action.

A firearm should only be used to protect yourself in cases of imminent danger. He had every right to use the firearm within the home, but if he was fleeing away from the boy it would be hard to justify the use of that firearm.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: windword

Depends on the law in each particular state. But I agree with your comments, as well and Johnny's.

I can just imagine how he was feeling, scared and adrenaline-filled, but I don't believe what he did was the proper course of action.

A firearm should only be used to protect yourself in cases of imminent danger. He had every right to use the firearm within the home, but if he was fleeing away from the boy it would be hard to justify the use of that firearm.

In every class I have undertaken that talks about use of force it comes down to ones personal feeling of fear and if they had a honestly held belief they where in danger, and that the force used matched the threat. The kid WHO IS 11 has found a intruder in his house that has threatened to kill him. What more do you need to not act in the way he did..

RA
edit on 1-5-2016 by slider1982 because: sp

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I agree wholeheartedly. Even if kids never desire to shoot a gun they should understand how to safely handle one should they come across a firearm randomly. With children it's ignorance of firearms that kills, very rarely is it bad intent.

+2 more 
posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
He had every right to use the firearm within the home, but if he was fleeing away from the boy it would be hard to justify the use of that firearm.

The thief was stealing. Justification complete.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

a reply to: windword

The child was in fear of his life at the criminal who verbally threatened to murder him during his second break in to this families home. I am thinking the child was in fear of the criminal who just verbally threatened to murder him would return a third time with a sexual emergency.

But good luck trying to prosecute the child

Who leaves a gun out for a child to make those determinations?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join