It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you're white you're racist

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
So let me start once again by telling you that I'm not racist since everyone is so sensitive today.

I have been encountering this expectation lately that me being a white male automatically makes me a racist. No joke.

I am not racist.

I am a Trump supporter.

I am white.

None of those things automatically qualify me as racist.

So today on Facebook one of my Brazilian friends went to a Trump rally so I asked him how it went.

This was the first response...

It was interesting. A lot of hostility between the people. It felt like a kkk rally to be honest. The protesters were pretty aggressive and corned all the Trump supporters at one point. Tons of media and law enforcement at the scene.

So I asked him how did it feel like a KKK rally?

He responded by saying that the Trump supporters were Caucasian and the protesters were mixed.

He then went on to tell me that the protesters got very angry and cornered the Trump supporters.

My response was to immediately call bs.

Here is his second response...

The Trump supporters were 100% Caucasian and angry while everyone else--white, black, Latino, Asian ect--was protesting anti-racism and equality

So anyway I've been experiencing this a lot lately and I want to point out I'm sick of it.
edit on 4/28/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-4-2016 by elevatedone because: fixed your to you're.

+14 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

its disgusting but it seems to be the new norm in america. it makes social isolation look better and better. why play the game if you lose before your turn.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Rabb420

I'm so sick of it big changes are coming

+38 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   

It is a racist assumption to say that because of the color of your skin that you are X Y or Z...

However, in this day and age there is absolutely an anti white agenda, that disgusts me when I see it.. Strange in a majority white country that people say," it needs to be more diverse" but they do not afford the same broad brush towards countries that are primarily Asian.

More diversity just means they want less white people, because obviously white people are not diverse nor do they have a culture /sarcasm

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Good point.

+26 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Whats really weird about all this is that this anti-white stuff has come out in full force just in the past few years. It used to be that everyone was supposed to be treated equally and share their culture. Now its all cultural appropriation, microaggression, and white privilege nonsense.

It really makes me wonder where all this came from and what the motive is. Because they seem to see white people as some kind of uniquely villainous subhumans that are responsible for all the evil things that have ever happened.

Whatever happened to just treating people as individuals?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   

I am vanilla but now it is fascist (what can you do - people)

edit on 28-4-2016 by realnewsrealfunny because: No wait I am an olive

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Spiffy thread title.
Okay, it got me here, so maybe I understand.

I think there are a lot of racial tensions that are blatantly and shamelessly overemphasized by the media. See, we're all part of a struggle for tv market shares. That's not to imply that the racial tensions aren't real, but what I think we're talking about are generalizations promoted by media, which makes people that are less discerning believe that people of all shades of brown are judging each other and drawing sides.

Most people want to be left the hell alone to run their lives as they best see fit, and for the working class there is precious little time to be devoted to hating anybody. But this is not what the media would like us to believe. The media seems desperate to convince us all that we are ever on the cusp of racial wars. Is there global racism? Absolutely, without a doubt. Is it organized? Sure, sometimes appears to be, however I believe them to be the outliers. Middle class, working class, they don't have time for it and for the most part don't want anything to do with racism.

Are whites being oppressed? Doubtful. Castigated? Sure, sometimes, but no more than the rest of the shades of brown.

I self-classify myself as "icy beige". Because I can.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

Are whites being oppressed?

Now they label themselves minority

edit on 28-4-2016 by realnewsrealfunny because: I blame that joke on recent news

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

You're*

Oh yeah isn't it racist to correct grammar now?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Damn I guess you're right.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: realnewsrealfunny

"They" do? Really? Or is it that some of them do? Are they a minority or a majority within their skin color? I know I didn't elect a spokesperson to represent my shade of brown, and I doubt that any other shades did also.

What we frequently see on the "news" is a person that self-appoints themselves to represent their color. Truthfully, that irritates the hell out of me. We will see a black man or woman talking about what blacks think or fell. We might see a brown person or a white person talking about what their color thinks. I've never felt like I was on the pulse of any groupthink that involved my color group. I think it's absolutely ridiculous, in fact. Why should people make decisions based on their shade of brown? Insanity. Nobody really does that, imo.

Media want's to cubbyhole people into generalized demographics. JMHO.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I find it very interesting that all the groups calling for 'diversity' get their own (fill in ethnicity/color here) groups EXCEPT whites. Diversity? BS! They wouldn't pull this crap in China or Russia! Besides, if I am an enemy simply for being born white, then I say let's get this war going! I am tired of putting up with people who don't know how to imitate the USA, constantly put it down yet absolutely REFUSE to leave, and can't see that having more children than they can feed DESTROYS their culture!

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   

As "white" living in an asian country, i don't get "verballed" directly, but gee, that look tells it all. The main reason i see that caucasian's are not particularly liked as friend's, is because the locals assume we are RICH and have much money (jealous). But life goes on, and sometimes it's refreshing not to be around too many people....

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
If your white your racist

That is true!
It is ALSO true that so is everyone else!!!
It is 'hardwired'!
We are either 'recovering', or we are 'practicing'!
(Both lifelong activities!)
Denial = practicing!

So let me start once again by telling you that I'm not racist

I gotta tell you, that is the first thing every practicing racist says!
Almost every time they are about to... practice.

Psychologically speaking...

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
My opinion is that EVERYONE has some prejudices. I think of racism as believing you are inherently better than people with a different skin color because of your skin color. Being prejudiced is life experience screaming at you and pattern recognition.

We're all prejudiced to a degree. I'm white, and earlier today on ATS when the guy in the panda/hedgehog costume with a "bomb" was identified as a white male in his twenties I said "Oh big surprise". Do I hate white people? Of course not. Do i hate men? Of course not. Do I think it's pretty likely that the weirdo wearing the weird costume and strapping candy bars to his chest screaming about conspiracy theories is a white guy in his twenties? Of course I do.

Call me a racist. Call me a misogynist. Call me a homophobe. I don't care. I know me, and I know that I value everyone but am cautious. If some guy in ill fitting clothes that had clearly just pooped himself came to the door and asked to use your phone because he got in a car crash five miles away and you saw him get off the bus and do a line of coke of your stair railing would you just let him in? No, you wouldn't. Well an SJW might, but a reasonable person wouldn't. And then if he's any protected group you're a racist, elitist, fatphobic, transphobic, homophobe, whatever, even if you have NO idea and just don't want to let some creepy guy into your house.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

So.......did your contact not realize how silly he sounds? He states that protestors cornered the Trump supporters, but then calls the Trump supporters the racists? Wow.....

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality there is no anti white agenda only the one cooked up in the head of conservative Americans. What about the presidential front runners anti Mexican and Muslim agenda

What is it with white guys playing victim on ats recently, there's never been an anti white agenda

Oh I'm white. Everyone's out to get me. What a delusion surprised right wingers fall for this.
Is it the anti white agenda that always portrays Jesus as a a white man, despite coming from the Middle East?

edit on 29-4-2016 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-4-2016 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Tell middle Eastern Christians and Assyrian Christians that Islam is the religion of peace.

I know a bunch and they had to flee their home country due to the Christian genocide happening in Muslim countries.

They aren't white and they agree with Trump

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

I have to keep giving disclaimers in threads because of the moderation of topics like this and because PC culture is infiltrating ATS

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
So let me start once again by telling you that I'm not racist since everyone is so sensitive today.

I have been encountering this expectation lately that me being a white male automatically makes me a racist. No joke.

I am not racist.

I am a Trump supporter.

I am white.

None of those things automatically qualify me as racist.

So today on Facebook one of my Brazilian friends went to a Trump rally so I asked him how it went.

This was the first response...

It was interesting. A lot of hostility between the people. It felt like a kkk rally to be honest. The protesters were pretty aggressive and corned all the Trump supporters at one point. Tons of media and law enforcement at the scene.

So I asked him how did it feel like a KKK rally?

He responded by saying that the Trump supporters were Caucasian and the protesters were mixed.

He then went on to tell me that the protesters got very angry and cornered the Trump supporters.

My response was to immediately call bs.

Here is his second response...

The Trump supporters were 100% Caucasian and angry while everyone else--white, black, Latino, Asian ect--was protesting anti-racism and equality

So anyway I've been experiencing this a lot lately and I want to point out I'm sick of it.

Didn't check to see if someone already said this but, from your point of view the Brazilian guy was borderline racist because he didn't realize it or think it in a bad way. Coginitive dissonance anyone?? Anyhow, look past the ethnic background and focus on the issues at hand. Trump protesters aren't very smart also. Usual gag of nitpicking drama queen tattle tale yokels that have their nose buried in the media taking all the bait and impedeing progress for everyone else. Think about it, everyone protesting Trump is ignoring or is blind to who Hillary Clinton is. A true monster. She should be assassinated before Trump should be protested. Everybody is obsessed with Trump being "Hitler". Fear. And it is these same people who are puzzled as to why certain people have so much "passion". You are half dead on your last leg.
edit on 29-4-2016 by PharoahSpiderMan because: Mobile phone

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join