It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you're white you're racist

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   
It's a pity the word "racist" is so loosely used. It has lost all context and is a bit worthless.

However, with the spirit of the OP I can state that as a white Anglo Saxon Englishman I have been the victim of racism from a bunch of white Scots, in Scotland. I have also seen racism between Asians (from India) and black people when I lived in Birmingham, UK.

To paint racism as a white versus black (one way) problem is just wrong.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Oh, ok!

I dont see it as victimization, no one here is grabbing pitch forks and screaming: lets defend the white race and go on a justice spree, it's just a discussion. I was a victim of racism once or twice, by black people, once was because I dressed in full black, the other was because I was in a predominantly black neighborhood with a friend of mine, but you dont see me playing the victim card, you might not feel it yourself, but it does exist.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Facebook, and tumblr, actually I got to know this one over tumblr.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: liliasthesorceress

I'm pretty left-wing but I see plenty of anti-white rhetoric these days.

Like what?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   
For some reason white people can't be "diverse." Diversity is held up as a god by some people and the thing that diversity seems to mean is anyone who is a not a white person.

But even among white people isn't there diversity? I am a white American, of mixed European descent, and I guarantee you I am not the same as a white British person, or a Russian, or even an American who is from another white European ethnicity. There are too many people under the grouping of white to put us all in the same box.

I recall an argument that kept coming up in an online writing group I once was a part of. There were constant flame wars over how there needed to be more non-white characters. The people who wanted more characters clashed with others who said that white people shouldn't be "allowed" to write about non-white experiences, and that whites were "stealing PoC voices" by writing these things. I asked how this could be reconciled because it seemed like a catch-22 that you couldn't win. No matter what, the white person was always a racist. Several of them openly told me that what we needed was "less white voices" and that whites need to stop talking and writing so that PoCs can.

Lots of talk lately about what whites should and should not be allowed to do.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Hrm, one example is the whole dreadlocks incident. Another is the yoga class being canceled because it had a white teacher. Any of the daily deluge of articles about how white people need to stop saying X or stop wearing X or how X is racist and upholds white supremacy, and so on and so on. Any of the crazy SJW fanatics on tumblr. Its an almost daily controversy over here in America.
edit on 29-4-2016 by liliasthesorceress because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   

For some reason white people can't be "diverse." Diversity is held up as a god by some people and the thing that diversity seems to mean is anyone who is a not a white person.

But even among white people isn't there diversity? I am a white American, of mixed European descent, and I guarantee you I am not the same as a white British person, or a Russian, or even an American who is from another white European ethnicity. There are too many people under the grouping of white to put us all in the same box.

I recall an argument that kept coming up in an online writing group I once was a part of. There were constant flame wars over how there needed to be more non-white characters. The people who wanted more characters clashed with others who said that white people shouldn't be "allowed" to write about non-white experiences, and that whites were "stealing PoC voices" by writing these things. I asked how this could be reconciled because it seemed like a catch-22 that you couldn't win. No matter what, the white person was always a racist. Several of them openly told me that what we needed was "less white voices" and that whites need to stop talking and writing so that PoCs can.

Lots of talk lately about what whites should and should not be allowed to do.

Yes, I have noticed too. This whole "cultural appropriation BS getting out of hand. Once, we were told that we needed to step out of our "white bread boxes" and go experience the culture of others. Which is something I actually feel is the best route, because the more people of different cultures interact, mix, and take part of or try different things, the less hostile both sides become. It opens minds and broadens understanding one another, and fosters tolerant co-habitation in a society.
Yet now I am told that even eating a Taco is racist misappropriation.

So a white person who enjoys the cuisines of the world is basically a racist gourmand. Awesome.

It seems we are going toward a trend of re-segregation, except this time, it will be everyone forming their own segregation from one another.

Honestly, at this rate, I personally wish to segregate myself from humanity altogether.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   

" It's good you have the great white hope in trump to make things great again maybe you can go back to segregation. The good old days when you could use the n word without the pc brigade jumping on you.

Maybe we need a white history month or a white pride march would that make things more equal for everyone. "

Thats called overreaction

Im not advocating such things, but I dont see problems about discussing any type of matter.
edit on 29-4-16 by Substracto because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   
One isolated incident but caught on camera. Big deal get over it. Go grow some dreadlocks in defiance. See if anyone gives a hoot
edit on 29-4-2016 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

I actually saw an article talking about how some white guy was profitting by making Mexican food and how that is wrong and racist. It seems they want total barriers between everyone now.

I've recently become much more hesitant to explore other cultures and religions for this reason. I was always interested in how different religions came to similar truths, and how people used syncretism to create their own belief system. I have always been curious about the world and wanted to explore it, but it seems like people don't want that to happen because I am white.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   

As I said, its an almost daily controversy in the news. Also I've interacted with these people online. They are not nice people.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   

As I said, its an almost daily controversy in the news. Also I've interacted with these people online. They are not nice people.

Online isn't a great representation of truth and reality, more a case of opinion and perspective, but I'm sorry

I'm sure being white in America must be a real drag compared to other races who have it so easy.

Anyway I'm checking out of this thread. It's not one I can contribute to, unless I agree with the op. Whites are no more racist than any other race, but have probably had it easier than most other races in American history

edit on 29-4-2016 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Everyone needs to do a test when they come on here to see if they are racist. Take the following test all!

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Substracto
a reply to: and14263

Facebook, and tumblr, actually I got to know this one over tumblr.

Tumblr and Facebook are not sources. What sources were used by the blogs or Facebook posts?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   

The Daily Mail link, did you see it? if not:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 29-4-16 by Substracto because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
So let me start once again by telling you that I'm not racist since everyone is so sensitive today.

I have been encountering this expectation lately that me being a white male automatically makes me a racist. No joke.

I am not racist.

I am a Trump supporter.

I am white.

None of those things automatically qualify me as racist.

So today on Facebook one of my Brazilian friends went to a Trump rally so I asked him how it went.

This was the first response...

It was interesting. A lot of hostility between the people. It felt like a kkk rally to be honest. The protesters were pretty aggressive and corned all the Trump supporters at one point. Tons of media and law enforcement at the scene.

So I asked him how did it feel like a KKK rally?

He responded by saying that the Trump supporters were Caucasian and the protesters were mixed.

He then went on to tell me that the protesters got very angry and cornered the Trump supporters.

My response was to immediately call bs.

Here is his second response...

The Trump supporters were 100% Caucasian and angry while everyone else--white, black, Latino, Asian ect--was protesting anti-racism and equality

So anyway I've been experiencing this a lot lately and I want to point out I'm sick of it.

I was going to call BS but you made me think about thr media's role. And yes I've noticed some odd things in the media for example a whit guy shoots some people his name and picture is splashed all over the news. Like the reports that the guy that went to the white house from Tennessee they had his picture and said this was him and he supports trump on his face book .

Funny part turned out it was the wrong guy he was a black man from the same area with the same name. And within hours of the media realizing their mistake the story was buried. Still never found out what happened to him?? And the only reason I found out it was the wrong guy was because the man they thought it was is fairly well known businessman. I doubt thr rest of the country even relied a mistake was made since I didn't see it on the major networks.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: thekaboose

OK that was funny I'm still laughing about thr part of where are you going to find African wildlife.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   
So how many people in this thread are not white nationalists...?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator

Me, I'm worse, I'm a UKIP voter

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator

Me, I'm worse, I'm a UKIP voter

SCUM! only kidding
Better then the BNP or worse.. the green party

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join