It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 165
<< 162  163  164    166  167  168 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Do you even understand what sampling is? and how accurate it can be? I have a psychology degree and am confident in what I say.

Jaden

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

Then you weren't paying attention, or you were talking over Vader as hidingthistime admitted to doing.

link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden

Do you even understand what sampling is? and how accurate it can be? I have a psychology degree and am confident in what I say.

Jaden

Yes, I do.

So how many people have you questioned?

link   

Oh, you have a psychology degree? How coincidental.

Tell me, since you have a psychology degree and all, what is your scientific opinion on confabulation and mass false memory? These are areas that have been heavily researched and documented in the scientific field of Psychology. Surely you understand how those work and can provide us some peer reviewed papers that discuss those subjects. Then you can break down for us how they do not apply from a scientific standpoint.

I have several degrees, so I should be able to understand your scientific jargon.
edit on 3-6-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

OH OK....

YEah because people will remember the same people dying in the same way because of???? Brains work the same way...lol...

You dismissers are funny as #... Wouldn't want your world turned upside down now would you???

Jaden

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

Oh, you have a psychology degree? How coincidental.

He has a physiology degree yet doesn't understand a thing about memories.

Ironic much?

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Not coincidental at all. I have 3 degrees.

Jaden

(post by Masterjaden removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Not coincidental at all. I have 3 degrees.

Jaden

So now you're going to use an appeal to authority?

Degrees doesn't mean you can't suffer from memory problems.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

You just proved you don't have a Psychology degree.

I took several courses in Psychology as filler, and the opening course discusses how our brains complete the world around us for us. Whether it be a picture (movie or otherwise), book or nature. Our brain works in the abstract and instead of wasting time on every detail for our memory, will instead create a "general memory" for us to recall.

So if I show 20 people the clip "No, I am your father!" and then 2 clips after of other people saying "Luke, I am your father!", over half of those people would think the movie said "Luke, I am your father!". We replicated this in our entry courses. (Not with LIAYF, but with a line from "Dennis the Menace")

For you not to get that shows us you were not honest about your degree. Bad form bro.

Edit: As far as people dying goes, it's the same concept. All the triggers that would lead one person to believe someone had died, are still there to make several people believe that.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

For a guy with a psychology degree he doesn't seem to understand the logical fallacy of appeal to authority.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
This thread has bombed. Seriously, it's dead in here.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Fascinating documentary which should get the cogs turning in the minds of those who are genuinely interested in this phenomenon. Around halfway through, I was stunned to hear of the way in which scientists have been able to literally create & destroy memory, in a laboratory setting. It got me thinking of the apparent changes in memory which have occurred for Humanity at large. I suspect that in the minds of ME experiencers, the memories which appear to have changed, were supposed to be altered to what everyone else believes is the reality of the situation, but those particular memory changes have not been 'reconsolidated' properly (by 'properly', I mean according to the perpetrators' expectations), because the ME experiencers randomly escaped the method of control due to some fluke of their brain processing.

The general theory goes, that each time we recall a memory, we have to call it up from several different parts of the brain - from areas responsible for sight, smell, touch & so forth. Once the memory has been constituted, having called up all the different sensory 'bits', it becomes vulnerable to alteration. At the moment at which we decide to stop recalling the memory, it isn't just slotted away in some part of the brain, it is deconstructed and all the constituent parts are refiled in the various areas of the brain from whence they came. However, the very act of remembering has the effect of growing new connections in the brain, which act as coordinating regions for that particular memory. So essentialy, each time we remember something, it is at first vulnerable to alteration, and is then reconstructed - new neural pathways grow in order to retain it. As the memory is recalled, it becomes vulnerable, and by intervention at this point can be prevented from reconstituting properly - changed or destroyed. It is proven in research out of the University of Amsterdam, among others, that traumatic memories can be destroyed, if a drug is given which prevents the new pathways from forming, immediately after the traumatic memory has been recalled. The drug used is Propranolol Hydrochloride, a blood pressure medication, and it interferes with the production of noradrenaline in the amygdyla, which would otherwise be required for the reconstitution of the memory (the noradrenaline would facilitate the growth of new nerve cell connections - if it is absent due to the propranolol, the new connections cannot form, and the memory is lost..)

This leads us to subtle considerations of whether memory can indeed be altered - the answer would seem to be yes. Can other things interfere with the brain's management of memories? Perhaps electromagnetic fields, hypnotic induction, stuff like that? The answer is a resounding yes - some searches on Google will reveal the extent of the non-lethal technologies & techniques which can be used to manipulate memory. If some nefarious group were actively seeking to establish new memories in a large group of test subjects, could they do so by using scaled-up versions of these methods? Most certainly. All that would be required is time & resources. If a powerful nefarious group (Archons?) had access to exotic energy production methods, and therefore had the benefit of near-unlimited resources, they would have little trouble in extending memory control to ever-widening circles of subjects. Perhaps a family, then a town, then a county, then a state, then a nation...

What if they wage war differently than we do, using mental methods of control rather than physical? If they unleashed war upon a whole world, it might look nothing like what we might expect a world-scale invasion/ warfare campaign to look like. If they have control of mindbending technologies far in excess of our own capabilities, and wanted to take down their enemy without the enemy realising that a shot had been fired, wouldn't they do so? If their attack was rooted in subtle manipulation of first Reality, and then the mind, changing the consensus reality incrementally, perhaps until we accept them as overlords - then they might start small, and work their way up gradually. Those who somehow, by some fluke, escaped the conditioning process - would look & sound crazy to everyone else. They would insist that reality has changed, that their memories betray the prior existence of a different state of affairs - and they would be shouted down, berated, ridiculed. As is evidenced neatly in this thread.

I'm erring on the side of caution, and saying that we might be facing something worse than we could have reasonably imagined.

All speculation, based on subjective personal witness, and the accompanying witness of (at least) many tens of thousands of others.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

this falls perfectly into my theory of MK Ultra 2.0.

Im certain they have used a device, that randomly changed the memory of X amount of people.
Given the data that was returned, they were able to calibrate the device, which is now ready to, well -
Inject false memories into ALL OF US.

I realise that sounds completely insane but this is what it looks like.
Ive dismissed all other theories, personally.

That doesnt mean I wont change my mind though - given something presents itself to do that. Change my mind that is.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
If you can control the memory of the populous then thats all they would ever need in order to fu** with us.
They could do anything to us, inject false memories, and voila, it didnt even happen.

effin scary.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

You know I linked the same information right? Forever ago. Maybe if you read the scientific links you would have seen it.

It proves that this whole thing is a memory and perception issue, NOT a "the world is changing and I am so special I am immune to the changes".

Even if your memory is being altered by an external force, it's still a memory issue.

I am reminded of the movie inception. They had to have some device to remind them they were in the dream. It kept their mind in check. In this case, reviewing the physical evidence should help you keep your mind in check.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Masterjaden
Masterjaden
Masterjaden

I have NEVER been wrong about things

You're welcome, and apology accepted.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
If only 1% of Christians notice the change, it will be noteworthy but it won't affect Christianity. As of now, I've heard estimates for those experiencing the Mandela Effect ranging from thousands to millions to billions. I think if it were billions than it would be news all over the world.

Millions of people experiencing the Mandela Effect seems to be right to me but that's a wild guess. How many of them are Christians? Based on what I've seen, a high percentage of them are. However, if only a few million Christians notice the Mandela Effect, Christianity as an institution will keep right on going without missing a beat.

The following verse bothers me the most:

Luke 19:27 Jesus: 'But those mine enemies...slay them before me.'

I used to study the KJV Bible almost every day and I do not remember Jesus saying "slay them before me." It's so out of character for Jesus that it doesn't make sense. Plus, it contradicts one of the ten commandments no matter how you slice it.

Outside of myself, I only know of two people who reported that verse as a Mandela Effect.

Another one that's got me is the use of the words "stuff", "bank", and "penny." The words are really out of place and I don't recall them being used at all in the KJV Bible before.

And another thing, the use of "O" as a word in the KJV Bible. I haven't seen anyone report that one as never having been there before but I don't recall that ever being used in the KJV Bible in my previous awareness.

I suspect a lot of people from various walks of life are experiencing it without yet realizing it. As I said in a previous post, 15 or so years ago I remember "noticing that I never noticed before" that Captain Crunch cereal is actually Cap'n Crunch. I remember how odd it looked, and wondering why I had never noticed it before. All these years later, I am now realizing I experienced this ME way back then, as I see it is considered to be one of the "bedrock" ME's. How exactly this has played out in regards to the grand scope of memories/perception/time, etc, I don't know. It seems as though people have only recently "discovered" that as an ME, but I "discovered" it a long time ago without even realizing I discovered it. Does that mean all those years I may have been sitting next to someone watching a "Cap'n Crunch" commercial on TV, while they were perceiving it as "Captain Crunch?" Who can say? This is all very difficult to even begin analyzing or defining.

The same thing happened to me a few years ago when I realized it was "Diff'rent Strokes." It wasn't until I recently saw that one also come up as a Mandela Effect that the reason it looked so odd when I noticed it is because it wasn't "Diff'rent" before. "Diff'rent" was certainly different to my perception! That was once again a situation where the first time I realized it, I thought to myself, "how could I have never noticed that before?"

Now looking back, I realize I have had multiple "Mandela Effects" before ever knowing anything about the phenomenon. When you experience one, you can "feel the glitch" if you are reasonably attuned to your intuition. It's hard to explain, but it almost feels like a "revamp of perception" of some sort.

My point is, how many people have had this "I never noticed that before" experience without having any knowledge about this phenomenon going on, and have just assumed they "never realized" the way something "always was?" I suspect there are multitudes. In regards to the "general population," I feel safe in estimating that not even 1% of the populace has any idea this phenomenon is occurring, and have never heard of the "Mandela Effect." So any changes, they either haven't noticed, or just dismissed as something they never noticed before.

This leads into the next point about the passage from Luke. In my awareness, that passage about "killing my enemies" has always been there in my awareness of time since heavily studying the Bible, which is well over a decade. I always thought it a bit odd, but chalked it up to the fact that it's a parable and not a literal prophecy. Is this once again a case where I have experienced a "ME" without realizing it? It's impossible to say, because I don't remember a time when that statement wasn't there. (But that doesn't mean that such a time didn't exist.)

edit on 3-6-2016 by TombEscaper because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

OH OK....
YEah because people will remember the same people dying in the same way because of???? Brains work the same way...lol...
You dismissers are funny as #... Wouldn't want your world turned upside down now would you???
Jaden

I work with the elderly, so I have to liaise with mental health professionals every day due to the high numbers of older people with dementia. They (real psychologists I know) would have given Raymundoko a good professional reply, backed up with evidence as that's how it works with health professionals....yours doesn't even relate to what he said to you.

Funny how easily you can debunk fibs even online, and the sign they are telling fibs is that they call you a troll immediately.

I was very interested in this topic but everything has been easily debunked, I can't see anything unexplainable.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

No psychologist* would answer in such a manner. He is obviously lying. And if not, he would welcome the idea to prove himself. The fact that he didnt, says it all.
But, he still has the chance to do so should he chose to re-credit himself.

* yes I reckon a degree in psychology makes you a psychologist even if that is not ones profession. (since it requires some 8-12 years in higher education - definitely netting in a different response than he made)
edit on 3-6-2016 by alienDNA because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 162  163  164    166  167  168 >>

join